Best place find good racing

Anyone have recommendations on best place to find good racing in Assetto?

I've looked at organized events here and there a few folks (4-6) but not many. RSR has a record of timed laps at locations, but events. Online multiplayer seems to lack.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately the times don't line up great for me. Really strange that there are basically zero U.S. servers when i check on multiplayer.

Well all I can tell you is our races are every Friday and Saturday. I don't do daily races as I'm physically unable to show up in weekday races due to my busy schedule and I'm solo running the US club, so it's a grueling but pleasing job.

And ah, our server is based in Europe, not US.

But still... Fixed race times. That is why I am not racing. Because the hours are not for me. AC needs something like iRacing, where you can jump in at any time and find a good race.
Then prepare to invest a lot more in AC. There is a reason iRacing costs what it does. You are paying for the infrastructure and server banks.

To expect that kind of service and setup for a one-time purchase, €60 game is ridiculous.

And where did I said that ? I want to have awesome races in AC and I am willing to pay for that monthly.
Good, I'm glad you are. I'm sorry you sounded like a lot of obnoxious posters asking for something like iRacing but expecting the price to stay the same :p

Although to be honest I think you're on a loser regarding AC (or even AC2) adopting an iRacing pay model this late in it's life.

You could try Race2Play if you like. There are a fair number of AC events on there.

It can be a bit hit and miss as sometimes people just don't turn up for the event but usually it's ok.

The closest to what you are after is probably a new system launched a few months back:

http://www.simracingsystem.com/

It's similar to iracing in that the servers run events 24/7 you just dive into the race you want to take part in.

Downsides? It's still finding it's feet so don't expect the same sorts of numbers you would find in RD club races but worth a shot.

There are two services that I know of that offers iRacing like series now. Participation is not always great (especially at US hours) but if we all dont go because participation is not good, it will not get any better :) Check these out:

- Sim racing system (sessions every 2 hours or so, points standing, penalty points for contacts)
- Just Race (not using it so dont know much of it, seems good, participation not so good I think)

Edit: Ninja'ed :) And if you find something good, please report in here as I'm in the exact same situation... Cant find good servers on EST evening hours.

Had some fantastic racing recently on a server with something like A1 Virtual Reality in its title recently. It's almost always above 10 players and often full. It's Red Bull Ring GT Cars. OK so occasionally you'll get knocked off, that's racing, but I've had some awesome close racing on there these past few weeks at all times of day.
Highly recommend getting and installing 'Helicorsa' mod to anyone to help with the close racing aspect.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa.5199/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years