1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Best "Pick Up and Play" Title (w/ controller)

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by BoogerMac, Apr 18, 2016.

1. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

What racing game would y'all recommend for someone looking for a quick pick up and play with a controller on PC?

I already own R3E, rFactor, AC, and Automobilista to play with my wheel, but sometimes I don't have time to get my wheel out and run a few laps and I hate playing those games with a controller. Currently I play Dirt Rally when time is short, but looking for another option (even "Simcade" is okay). I was thinking something like Grid AS or pCars, but unsure how well those games play with a controller. Of note, I'd like my son to be able to play whatever game I decide on as well.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

* If you're up for arcade offroad open world racing, my big favorite for no-brain driving is FUEL.
    Although i don't know if you can still buy it.

* Burnout Paradise is one of the open city racing games that get often recommended.

* For adrenaline rush and highly competitive hotlapping there's Trackmania.

* Need For Speed or The Crew for your "pimp my car" needs.

* Splitsecond or Ridge Racer Unbounded for little bit more gimmicky racing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Or Project cars?

• Like Like x 1
  4. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

Trackmania Stadium is definitely fun to play, but I'm looking for more of a racing game. Most of the Trackmania games are time-based I thought.

I've heard mixed reactions about this game with a controller.