1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best "Pick Up and Play" Title (w/ controller)

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by BoogerMac, Apr 18, 2016.

1. BoogerMac

Premium Member

What racing game would y'all recommend for someone looking for a quick pick up and play with a controller on PC?

I already own R3E, rFactor, AC, and Automobilista to play with my wheel, but sometimes I don't have time to get my wheel out and run a few laps and I hate playing those games with a controller. Currently I play Dirt Rally when time is short, but looking for another option (even "Simcade" is okay). I was thinking something like Grid AS or pCars, but unsure how well those games play with a controller. Of note, I'd like my son to be able to play whatever game I decide on as well.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
  2. xnorb

Premium Member

* If you're up for arcade offroad open world racing, my big favorite for no-brain driving is FUEL.
    Although i don't know if you can still buy it.

* Burnout Paradise is one of the open city racing games that get often recommended.

* For adrenaline rush and highly competitive hotlapping there's Trackmania.

* Need For Speed or The Crew for your "pimp my car" needs.

* Splitsecond or Ridge Racer Unbounded for little bit more gimmicky racing.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Or Project cars?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BoogerMac

Premium Member

Trackmania Stadium is definitely fun to play, but I'm looking for more of a racing game. Most of the Trackmania games are time-based I thought.

I've heard mixed reactions about this game with a controller.