Best of Sprint Club - Tuesday 23rd June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer-mix.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Sprint Pack (Mini Cooper / Abarth 1000TC / Lotus Elite)
Tracks: Chosen by you, the RD GTL Community
Conditions: Day races - 15.00 game time

Practice: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 BST / 21.00 CET (10 minutes)
Qualification: 19.10 GMT / 20.10 BST / 21.10 CET (5 minutes)
Race: 1920 GMT / 20.20 BST / 21.20 CET (16 laps)

Note1: The tracks have been chosen - Lakeside, Lime Rock, Birmingham Short, Castle Combe Chicaned
Note2: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note3: Sprint Pack Skins for owners, default skins for non owners. The SkinPack must be installed by all drivers
Note4: All 3 cars must be used at least once - the order and the car used twice is entirely up to you.

What a hoot this event was. Perfect Racing Club fun and action, and made even better with our great personal skins on these terrific little cars. Good tracks too, I hadn't raced at Birmingham (fell in love with this one :kiss2: ) and Castle Comb (didn't grab me really :hypnotized: ).
4 races and 4 different winners too, what more can we ask for.

Lakeside: Abarth. Loved this car on this track, which is a home track for me (even driven it in real life). The Abarth felt right at home here. Qualified P2, even got a good start (a miracle for me), and jumped to a handy lead for a few laps, so I was whipping the little baby Abarth for everything it had, knowing the faster cars would eventually gobble me up. Ben (Mini) and Avi (Elite) finally hauled me in, but a couple of laps later, Avi went off to see how hard the fence was, in spectacular style, leaving me P2 with Amir not far behind in his Abarth, especially after I cocked up the back section and nearly repeated Avi's crash. Amir had a mini freeze :)disapointed:) and Avi caught me over the last few laps to stage a photo finish over the line. I barely held on for P2. (See pic 1).

Grats to Ben for the win and WD Avi.

Limerock: Mini. I was hopeful since I had won here before, but Stuart was fired up with a nitro powered mini to blow us away. I qualified P3 behind Stu and Amir, but was quickly blasted off the line by Ben (Abarth) and Avi (Elite). I had a speed advantage over these two but passing here is tough. After finally getting past Avi, I watched Ben get a classic tank slapper going over the hump, and rolling into the fence in a cloud of smoke and Abarth litter :clap: . I then resumed my past battle with Amir at this track for many laps, (great stuff again Amir), sneaked past and then had to hold him at bay as we weaved through lapped traffic. With a couple of laps to go, I put a rear tyre on the edge of the track and spun off. As I recovered, I got in Bert's way, sending him off track to avoid me, really sorry Bert, so I waited behind Bert to the finish to take P3.

Grats to Stuart for a great win, WD to Amir.

Birminham: Elite. Brilliant track and loved the Elite here. Qualy P5 and again fluked a quick start to jump to P3. This gave me a birds eye view of the huge battle between Ben and Marty for the lead. I couldn't stay with them and soon became locked in a scrap with Avi (Mini). Ben went to the pits for a beer (or was that a Stop'n'Go :poke: ) and Avi slipped past. Finished P3.
Grats to Marty and WD Avi.

Castle Combe: Mini. Didn't know this track so went with the car I knew best. :fwd: This race turned into a war of attrition. Qualy P4. I became engrossed in a terrific race for P2 behind Nigel for many laps, (great fun Nige) :woop:. About mid race, Nigel pushed too hard out of the first chicane, got a death wobble up, and took a close up inspection of the hedge (which turned out to be solid :shock: . I then looked up to find I was in the lead, (Ben must have disconnected). Then the field began to shrink until only four of us finished. I'm not sure how Matt dragged his Mini home though, he had beaten it to a pulp (see pic 2.). :fish:
Finished with the win, and WD to Avi and Hans. Great to see Hans on the podium too. :cheer2:

Thanks all for another heap of GTL fun and big thanks to Stu again for his tireless efforts to keep these interesting.

Attachments

• Lakeside.JPG
    Lakeside.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Matt's wreck.JPG
    Matt's wreck.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Matt Crouch

Can't remember all the details now but some amusing races anyway

Lakeside / Abarth was a good combo. Spent a while with a bit of lag in practice so didn't get much in. Made a bunch of mistakes in the race but a good race with Marty and some others

Lime Rock / Elite. I think I chose the wrong gear ratio for this one. It kept tempting me into second and I couldn't resist because I felt way too slow for 3rd gear. The first few laps I had de ja vu as every time I seemed to go past Nigel running off the first corner and then I would drop it completely off the outside of the final corner before turning in, letting him past me again. :D

Brummy / Elite - Elite was much better round here, very hectic race with Stuart / Nigel, and Ben nearly caught back up after pitting, but didn't :p

Castle Combe / Mini just all went wrong. Got a good quali lap and the mini was good round the track, but got bogged down off the start as I can never get the minis off the line, then randomly oversteered while taking a wide line trying to leave space, which sent me into some tyres.
When Marty was backwards I unfortunately tried to take the grass route to avoid, then another collision pushed him into my path... oops.
A little later on my game minimized for no reason. By the time I recovered there was 40 seconds between me and Hans and I wasn't catching up. My steering was way off as well so I decided just to have some fun with the car and slide it round the corners [badly] :). I imagine my tyres were pretty bad by the end of the race :D

I wasn't really concentrating enough for this but they were all good races :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%