Best mod manager for GSCX?

I have been experimenting with some mods on a couple of virgin installs of GSC. Let's just say I am getting mixed results.

Some mods are just broken, others have one car that crashes the entire mod and all of them seem to interact negatively with GSC

For instance, any GSC where I have added even just a few extra tracks, always flashes a crash alert when quitting.
One installation I created simply took forever to load and was extremely slow overall. I fixed it by creating 2 "vehicle folders each with half the mods (both with the default content) and just renaming to activate one or the other.

Still, none of this is ideal.

I have been trying to track down a mod manager that could keep track of each mod and activate only those that I want to drive, but I can't remember if there is a good one or where to get it.

Any ideas? My goal is to mostly run vintage mods and also clean up those mods that were converted... in a hurry. The ones that do not form a full field or those that seem to be missing files or look for files not in their place.

PS: I have also been running a trace=3 on some of the installations and it isn't pretty. It regurgitates all sort of errors, missing INI files for many tracks (even those I wasn't using, strangely).

Nevertheless, I love the way some older rFactor mods drive in GSC. They seem to be more lively and completely missing that vagueness that always bugged me in rfactor.

I use Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler for almost every game that has mods. It allows you to enable and disable mods, and it automatically makes backups of any files a mod overwrites so it can restore them when you disable it. I think it comes with a good readme/help, and it's not too complicated to set-up, but if you want to ask something, feel free!
A really recommended piece of software

Corrado, I second what Agustin suggests.
Any mod or track can be installed or removed in one click by the Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler. It is far better to have a massive list of mods and tracks but only have one or two installed at a time.

And if that's not enough, it also makes it easy to return GSCE to its default state, run GSC Sync for updates, then reinstall your mods.
It is well worth the time it takes to get used to using it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back