Best Engine Sounds Ever: BRM V16

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In our search for the best sounding engines ever we present you today the mighty BRM V16. This former Formula One car, powered by a supercharged sixteen (16!!) cylinder 1.5 liter Rolls-Royce engine, was designed and made by British Racing Motors in 1947 and produced a stunning 550BHP.

You can hear its fantastic engine sound recorded on Donington Park on a winters day. Pump up the volume of your speakers and you can easily follow the car going around the entire track in video one. In video two you can see the car in "action" during the Goodwood Festival of Speed: an authentic car accompanied by an authentic crew of mechanics.

[youtube]

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

When I was a young lad many many moons ago, I had a friend who's dad imported sports cars for a living.
He once came back and had bought him this board that replicated a ferrari engine sound.
All I can remember about it was that it made a sound just like that and it rattled his bedroom windows when he turned it up.
I have never seen one since and that was like nearly 30 years ago, it was the sweetest sound I have ever heard.

As soon as I heard that engine sound it was like having a blast from the past. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back