Best Beginner Setup?? (CHEAP for a noob)

Title says it all I think...
Want to dip toe in.... Get a start on the cheap...
(till the bug bites and it becomes my new TOTAL addiction)
(LOL) (cuz we all know it will)

At least, this way.... I'll be able to finish up some current expensive projects first...
If I can get my first taste on the cheap for now..

I just want to race some of my old favorite tracks, from back in the day, when I actually could...
And when some now closed were still open...

TIA!
Greg

• The "real cheap but quite good": Logitech DFGT (used, in Germany around 70€). Good FFB, a bit slow in response and the pedals are simple plastic but it does it's job quite well and you will definitely have great fun with it!

• The "very good FFB but a dead center that needs tweaking with the settings and mostly plastic with not sooo good pedals": Thustmaster T150 (new, in Germany around 170€). Something like a plastic G29 with worse pedals but better FFB.

• The "classical entry with ups and downs and again a dead center that needs tweaking - but metal and leather, eh?!": Logitech G25/27/29 (used I don't know but new around 220€). Good FFB, good response but a dead center that needs tweaking in EVERY game... Plus it's rattling quite loud (the DFGT has that problem too). But you get nice pedals with Clutch, real leather on the rim and nice shifting paddles. I have a G27 and I am happy with it. Although I spend a few hours for every new game...
    Important:
    - G25 is louder but has a sequential option on it's H-Shifter!
    - G27 is a bit nicer than G25 but NO sequential option on the H-Shifter!
    - G29 has a 3D shaped Rim and is more silent. BUT: the H-Shifter is OPTIONAL, has NO squential option and NO Buttons...

• The "Hell yeah that feels awesome but why are the pedals so bad?!": Thrustmaster T300. Martin can tell you something about that :) Also you can take a more expansive version with better pedals. It then should be the "perfect budget setup". But not really entry level anymore...
After that there is not really anything...
Hope that helps! Of course there are more wheels out there but these are the mainstream models :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back