1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BES version 1.0 is released

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Franklin Stegink, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

PetraGTC has released the new version of the BES mod for rFactor 2.

all cars updated maps to latest build, porsche hitbox fixed, all cars tweaked damage, all cars optimized for less material load (saves the rf2 engine, less stutter), f430 lods fixed,
    all cars tweaked cpits, z4 downshift sound fixed, all cars new windows reflec, no hard tyre atm (sorry, maybe next time), and other tweaks i cant even remember

Porsche hitbox is fixed.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

I have try the following cars atm:

Aston Martin
    Audi R8
    BMW Z4
    Ferrari F430
    Ferrari F458
    Nismo GTR3
    Porsche GT3

This cars driving very good.

With the BMW Z4 i have make some damage on my suspension and front splitter, add 40 liters and changing 4 tires at my stop.

Totally time included fixing damage was 93 sec.

Drive all the cars with default setup at Laguna Seca and use only my ABS on low.

All the cars have the same pitstop time, like fuel, damage etc etc

Conclusion of this fast test:

- Brake behaviour is very good for every car.
    - Cars are using the same fuel at 1 lap
    - Cockpits are looking great
    - FPS much better.

I found one little bug at the McLaren.
    When you load the default setup the car is standing on wet tires.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  3. TeSL9

Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) Premium Member

where can i get this?
  4. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Here you go.

BES v1.0

You must uninstall the BES v0.99 before this working.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

You better upload this to the resource section ;)
  6. Dennis

RedShift Racing Staff

Unfortunately there is a file size limit of 300MB at RD currently - but the tech staff is working on it :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

For the people who wants to know how this one is driving i have set up a server.

Downloadlink mod:
    BES v1.0 Test

Track: Laguna Seca.

Server is open.

Name: BES v1.0 TEST
    No password.
  8. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

I am interested as well. I dont know how legal it is and honestly I think the physics aren't up to rF2 standard. Visually a good mod, but I hope we will use more quality content (physics wise) for the leauges. which is basically the ISI content.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ricardo Edelmann

Ricardo Edelmann
    Lights out, Spot on! Premium Member

I think the physics are not the best out there but they are getting better with every update. the good thing about it is that every little problem we find will fixed soon in the next update with the bes mod. the standard isi cars have a good physics but i wouldn't drive in a league with them. what is a gt series with just one car per class? yeah that's right boring...
    • Like Like x 1
  10. imo we should use more quality content to club races too, no need to use lower quality converted mods and circuits (like Suzuka next week, bumpy Laguna Seca etc) and this goes not only to rfactor2 but to GSC as well. Some (not all) tracks and cars looks ugly, while the default content are always better.
    I'm not saying that those events aren't fun,they are, but better visuals are always welcome.

I'm not complaining and I'm thankful to RD for organizing so many nice events, just my 2c
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

I find it the best solution. No worries about which car to choose, no work for the organizers who have to figure out some kind of BOP etc.
    In every mod there will always be stronger and weaker cars and in the end the people who are serious about it will take the strongest car.
  12. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

I guess the main question was, if it is an "allowed" conversion. There were some mods or tracks, which were converted from rF1 or diffrent games to rF2 without the permission of the original author.

I don't care about the names, logos etc., but I care, if the mod was converted/adapted with the permission of the original author.

I heard in that case there were issues with the BES mod like you said with models from Shift, so I was raising this question.
  13. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  14. The BES mod was converted with permittion from gpfan & alex koda, aka the rf1 modder and the rf1 skinner :) As for bmw m3, alpina, and ford gt1, they were never part of the BES mod i released, but i saw someone made a multicmp with these cars included. These three cars are currently updated, updated versions will be released soon.
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

It's hasn't been deleted - just moved to another thread, where mods in general are being discussed, because this was becoming a bit off-topic (here). ;)
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Sorry Franklin. Got disturbed at work, so I forgot to post here that I moved the rest of the discussion out of here.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Bez

All the gear, no idea... Premium Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the latest version of this mod, I don't have online rf2 element at the moment so am unable to grab from the rd server.
  18. jimortality

Premium Member

Check post 4 mate it's there.

Ignore that I lied
    • Like Like x 1