Bernd's Real Life Weather

Misc Bernd's Real Life Weather 2.1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, I'm a little confused with the installation instructions, your last reply says just to drop sweetfx folder content to AC folder, but then the instructions in the file says something different and there's more folders than just sweetfx:

EASY INSTALL:
--open the "Mr. Alpem [cloud type]" file of your choice
(so can I install them all? I have JSGME installed)
--drop weathers, filters, and cloud textures into their respective locations (what are their respective locations?)
--MAKE SURE TO REMOVE OLD KUNOS CLOUD TEXTURES! ( where? and what files?:unsure:)
--Backup any overwritten files!

And there's also advanced installation inst.:O_o: which couldn't understand either. Pls help I'd would like to fully install it.

I know this is probably very easy for you but some of us are not very used to move around the AC folder.

Love all your mods btw. :thumbsup:

Hi, I'm a little confused with the installation instructions, your last reply says just to drop sweetfx folder content to AC folder, but then the instructions in the file says something different and there's more folders than just sweetfx:

EASY INSTALL:
--open the "Mr. Alpem [cloud type]" file of your choice
(so can I install them all? I have JSGME installed)
--drop weathers, filters, and cloud textures into their respective locations (what are their respective locations?)
--MAKE SURE TO REMOVE OLD KUNOS CLOUD TEXTURES! ( where? and what files?:unsure:)
--Backup any overwritten files!

And there's also advanced installation inst.:O_o: which couldn't understand either. Pls help I'd would like to fully install it.

I know this is probably very easy for you but some of us are not very used to move around the AC folder.

Love all your mods btw. :thumbsup:
Hello Hazmat, thank you for the questions!

Regarding SweetFX: to my knowledge, the only install guide is in my readme instruction file...to install SweetFX, just drop all 4 files into SteamApps/assettocorsa filepath. To enable/disable SweetFX, press the back/scroll lock key.

Regarding installation of Mr. Alpem:

All Alpem versions are the same except for their cloud textures, categorized according to cloud type. If you're unsure what the terms mean, you can google search the cloud names to see what type of sky that particular Alpem folder provides. So, to recap:

Regardless of the cloud type suffix at the end of each file name, all files are the same EXCEPT:

1. Weather.ini files were adjusted to optimize the cloud sizes for each particular weather
2. Different cloud textures are in the "clouds" folders.

The weather, cloud, and file locations are as follows:

assettocorsa/content/textures/clouds (when you open this folder, you'll see the 10 .dds AC cloud textures, back these up and delete them so my new clouds appear in the game)

assettocorsa/content/weather (again, as above, delete these 7 Kunos weather files and their contents after backing them up, then do a "clean install" of my files from the cloud type folder of your choice.)

assettocorsa/system/cfg/filters (here's where you drop the game filters)

Hope this helps :)

Regarding SweetFX: to my knowledge, the only install guide is in my readme instruction file...to install SweetFX, just drop all 4 files into SteamApps/assettocorsa filepath. To enable/disable SweetFX, press the back/scroll lock key.

All Alpem versions are the same except for their cloud textures, categorized according to cloud type. If you're unsure what the terms mean, you can google search the cloud names to see what type of sky that particular Alpem folder provides. So, to recap:

Regardless of the cloud type suffix at the end of each file name, all files are the same EXCEPT:

1. Weather.ini files were adjusted to optimize the cloud sizes for each particular weather

assettocorsa/content/textures/clouds (when you open this folder, you'll see the 10 .dds AC cloud textures, back these up and delete them so my new clouds appear in the game)

assettocorsa/content/weather (again, as above, delete these 7 Kunos weather files and their contents after backing them up, then do a "clean install" of my files from the cloud type folder of your choice.)

Excellent, is very clear now. Got it all installed, it looks great! :)

Thank you so much for that quick reply, great support and great job. :thumbsup:

It would be nice to add these instructions to the OP, I'm guessing many download the mod but get confused about how to install and give up. I nearly did. Also it would be great if you could let us know how to make this work with JSGME

It would be nice to add these instructions to the OP, I'm guessing many download the mod but get confused about how to install and give up. I nearly did. Also it would be great if you could let us know how to make this work with JSGME
I would add them but...the instructions would be long, not sure if people want to see that much text in the OP.

Bernd Graf updated Bernd's Real Life Weather with a new update entry:

new "mixed" clouds, filters, improvements

Changelog 2.1.4:

CHANGELOG version 2.1.4--

added post-1.4 weather resource extras file
added new Mid_clear sky color
added new Light_clouds weather
added new Heavy_clouds weather
added new Sundown weather
added 20 new 'mixed' cloud textures
added new resource weathers
improved A1 fog filter
improved A1 night filter
improved Clear weather
reorganized folders and file locations

Few but important changes come with this update. For starters, I have been compiling my own set of real cloud...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hmmm I want to test the latest version of your mod later today, but wow...
It's starting to look a bit confusing...lol:D
I'm not sure which files to use...
Maybe you should start thinking about doing 2 different mods?
One for pre-1.4 weather and one for... oh wait, 1.5 is coming! ha ha
Maybe you'll have to do a new mod...:whistling:
Well anyway latest screenshots look great, can't wait to try!

Hmmm I want to test the latest version of your mod later today, but wow...
It's starting to look a bit confusing...lol:D
I'm not sure which files to use...
Maybe you should start thinking about doing 2 different mods?
One for pre-1.4 weather and one for... oh wait, 1.5 is coming! ha ha
Maybe you'll have to do a new mod...:whistling:
Well anyway latest screenshots look great, can't wait to try!
Well that's the thing...getting so many requests, everyone wants their thing in the mod from previous versions. I've made the mod easier to use, as easy as I can considering the resource files for modders and pre-1.4 weather stuff. Mr. Alpem is always kept abreast of Kunos updates, so you needn't worry about any folders named pre-1.4...Mr. Alpem is subdevided into cloud types, but up to date with Kunos updates.

Preliminary 1.5 support...guess what I'm doing today? :D

Hello, sorry to bother you again...:giggle:

I have always been curious about something...
How do you edit your files? Do you close the game completely and edit them or you do it in real-time?
I'm asking cos I was just reading about a guy who was working on an ENB filter for Skyrim and he said :
"If you are runnning Skyrim in windowed mode, just ALT-TAB, change some settings, save the file, Alt tab back in, and click BACKSPACE to load ENB again. That is a easy way to do realtime editing."
(the backspace thing might depend on the files though...)

Usually, I play AC in fullscreen. I launch a track and see how it looks, then I close it, I bring up the desktop and the .ini file or whatever I was working on, edit it, restore AC, and start the track again.
I'm wondering if I'm not completely dumb and I wasted lots of time doing this...lol :laugh:

Btw, sorry if it has been asked already. But well I didn't find anything about it, so I'm just asking.:)

Hello Lily, and sorry for the delayed response:

Whether I'm editing existing weather files, or creating new weather modes, I am signed into the game via Steam and in the AC ui. I have the windowed feature of the game in use at such times. To test any new code/number changes, one must always close out and re-enter the actual simulation, otherwise, changes to files do not appear.

It's a really nice looking graphic mod. Well done!
Screenshot_ferrari_458_ks_vallelunga_15-3-117-12-9-7.jpg

Did I install wrong, or is it out of date..? Anytime I try to enter practice, the screen will go black for a few seconds then go back to the setup screen. I assume this is because it is out of date, or I did something wrong. I only installed the cloud install, was I supposed to install other folder as well?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 235 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%