Bernd's Real Life Weather

Misc Bernd's Real Life Weather 2.1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Bernd Graf submitted a new resource:

Bernd Graf's Enhanced Graphics -- Mr. Alpem PPF - post-processing filters and .ini files to bring more graphical realism to AC

After many weeks, I bring you my first graphics mod to AC! I call it Mr. Alpem, or

More
Real

And
Lifelike
Post-processing
Effects
Mod

With a bit of humor in there ;). Together with user RBSilEighty, I present a set of 4 PPF filters and 4 .ini files. Two of the filters are by me, two modified from a custom set created by RBSilEighty to bring a more realistic and saturated lighting and color to the game. I found many of the filters achieved realistic lighting and shading by...

Read more about this resource...

Bernd Graf updated Bernd Graf's Enhanced Graphics -- Mr. Alpem PPF with a new update entry:

DoF fixes, optimizations, bug fix for AC update 1.0.2

After many requests, I am updating the mod by including newly revised DoF features! Sadly, some of the really cool optimizations are not included in this update since they trigger a bug with the new AC update, causing enormous FPS loss during replay mode, and in the showrooms with DoF enabled. The new updates will be added once Kunos fixes the bug. Enjoy the bugfix and optimizations!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bernd Graf updated Bernd Graf's Enhanced Graphics -- Mr. Alpem PPF with a new update entry:

changelog: color and saturation updates, filters renamed, new overcast

Due to recent news that Kunos plans to release a more advanced weather appearance system in the game, I have decided to release a tentative 1.03 update. More than likely, to accommodate sunny, cloudy, and rainy skies in AC, Kunos will implement massive changes to the .ini files, meaning further updates to this mod will be required. These updates are thus temporary, but should prove even better than 1.02 of this mod.

Included are changes to ppf saturation levels, better brightness...

Screenshot_nissan_primera_btcc_albertpark_17-1-2015-17-35-39.jpg
Screenshot_porsche_997gt3rsr_spa_17-1-2015-16-17-9.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_f430_gt_spa_16-1-2015-16-31-38.jpg

Screenshot_corvette_c6r_spa_20-1-2015-19-51-44.jpg

Screenshot_slcr_14_sachsenring_20-1-2015-19-59-23.jpg

Hello question... both files are named weather1.. in the system Cloudy and Sunny folders. so if I try to install them to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
one of the new files will overwrite the old file already in the, but what about the other weather1 file that new weather1 file I just dropped in? Thanks, Tim

Hello question... both files are named weather1.. in the system Cloudy and Sunny folders. so if I try to install them to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
one of the new files will overwrite the old file already in the, but what about the other weather1 file that new weather1 file I just dropped in? Thanks, Tim
Hello,

Due to the way files are currently programmed in AC, the game only supports one weather appearance, i.e., sunny OR overcast etc. Since both files take up the same programming data, a pair can only be installed at one time, unless of course you use a mod enabler like JSGME, which allows you to select the weather pattern you want without having to overwrite the files every time you want to change the weather.

To do so: download JSGME, and install it in AC. I believe you then put the weather files in their own folders and enable them through JSGME, provided of course the weather patterns are within the cfg folder respectively where they belong. When you use JSGME, you essentially can keep both in the same place, and enable them through JSGME, the enabling software.

Or you can do like I do and just exchange them manually, overwrite, as you see fit :p.

Hello,

Due to the way files are currently programmed in AC, the game only supports one weather appearance, i.e., sunny OR overcast etc. Since both files take up the same programming data, a pair can only be installed at one time, unless of course you use a mod enabler like JSGME, which allows you to select the weather pattern you want without having to overwrite the files every time you want to change the weather.

To do so: download JSGME, and install it in AC. I believe you then put the weather files in their own folders and enable them through JSGME, provided of course the weather patterns are within the cfg folder respectively where they belong. When you use JSGME, you essentially can keep both in the same place, and enable them through JSGME, the enabling software.

Or you can do like I do and just exchange them manually, overwrite, as you see fit :p.
Cool thank-you for the information :)

I'm not a big computer wiz and not sure where the files are suppose to go. There is no clouds or sunny in the system folder so is am I suppose to add them there? Also there are 2 cfg folders,one in assettocrosa and the other one layer deeper in assettocorsa/system. I tried the config setting files in both and it didn't seem to make any difference. Sorry to be so dumb but this is all greek to me!

Bernd Graf updated Bernd Graf's Real Life Graphics -- Mr. Alpem PPF with a new update entry:

AC 1.1 compatible

Presenting Mr. Alpem 1.1. The update is fully functional with the new AC 1.1 code update and DLC content! Featuring:

New weather modes
adjusted colors
reduced bloom
fixed glare
adjusted LED auras
cloud fixes
color saturation changes

The mod is a replacement for all stock AC weather categories. Currently, 4 weather options are ready including one new one:

Clear
View attachment 89652

Mid Clear (few clouds, distant)
View attachment 89653

Partly Clear (new! more clouds,...

Bernd Graf updated Bernd's Real Life Graphics & Weather with a new update entry:

17 weather modes, new filters

Complete overhaul of the mod. Introducing 17 weather modes, more on the way! Featured new are a special fog for Silverstone, new night modes, reworked "Clouds Heavy," and others.

Fog Silverstone
View attachment 91320
Pollution Clear
View attachment 91321
Storm Squall B
View attachment 91322
Storm Squall C
View attachment 91323
Twilight Dusk
View attachment 91324
Twilight Night
View attachment 91325

Hello, in your instructions.txt file, you mention to combine this with Ben's and OV1's cloud mods... Could you please give us the links to these mods ad a little search here didn't provide anything.

Thanks

Hello, I'm new on this forum, so I don't know if it's the right place to write, but in case you're interested, I posted some photos using your "twilight night" weather, it's so great!
12111-1438349465-74837e1fc9fb404e424f209e86763fcc.jpg

You can see more on my account. :thumbsup:
I really hope that eventually we'll get working headlights, whether it's with a mod or made by the developers!

Bernd Graf updated Bernd's Real Life Graphics & Weather with a new update entry:

23 weather modes, 13 new cloud textures, hue adjustments

Presenting Mr. Alpem 1.2 ready for Assetto Corsa changelog 1.2.4! The new graphics feature 7 new weather modes including 3 special dawn, storm, and night modes for Nurburgring Nordschleife to capture the severe rainy and foggy conditions there 24 hours a day! See the OP on the front page to view the different new weather modes.

All cloud textures have been remapped and redone, adding 13 additional cloud textures to AC's 10 provided resources. The sky will look more realistic than ever with...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing