rF2 Berlingo @ Monte Carlo - Wednesday 26 November 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Pat/guys, I'm going to pull out of this one - my fault, I should have downloaded the mod earlier to try it out..

I just can't get on with the feel of the vans - and coupled with no cockpit view, it's not my cup of tea I'm afraid - sorry :thinking:

i ****ing fail at racing lately. I can qualify in the middle of the pack but I can't follow a car and not end up using it as a second brake.
so im taking a break for a while until I can prove to myself im not going to **** up someones race at all.

• Matt Crouch

whoops, out on lap 6 after hitting the tyres on the way out of the chicane, lost a wheel and got a dead engine.
My previous lap was a pb too, was quite happy with how I was keeping up. Disappointed I didn't get to my first pit stop but I was never expecting to make all 30 laps anyway. :)

lag just started up again anyway so probably a good thing...

Relax Lewis :) just join next race and we will help . My race was a dissaster as well, could not even make 1 lap :( Had a great start and was able to pas Ryan who had pole at the start. But i went a bit wide in the last chicane before finish and lost a wheel and engine was dead. But hey its a game :)

• Matt Crouch

your wheel rolled miles - probably finished the lap on its own :D

Well some stats :)

Attachments

• GRAB_031.jpg
    GRAB_031.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 257
  • GRAB_032.jpg
    GRAB_032.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 265
Well Monaco really is a biotch :p When my pc crashed on lap 17 there were 3 of us left, Nigel, Ryan and me.

This was not a good racee for me, 'cos I found out that a) I'd been using an older version of the mod (not a real problem) and b) I'd been practicing on the wrong version of the track (which was).

Quali I managed a 1:45.6 and was 5th on the grid ....out of 7

The race started well for me, as I nipped past 2 cars and snagged 3rd. With Pat leaving us I was in 2nd!:laugh2: That didn't last long as I panicked and played pinball off every bit of armco I could find, allowing Ryan to catch up easily.

He then did his best to imtimidate me by swarming all over the back doors. I think he even had a breather in the back of the van! After some more pinball he got by me, and I set about chasing him. I passed him at the end of the tunnel straight, but out braked myself and he went by me again.

Then I had the rest of the pack up my exhaust, lost it going into to 2nd to last corner (think that was where Lewis tapped me...no worries bud), and settled into 5th. By the time I'd got through my first pit stop there were only 4 of us left, then Lewis dropped out and I was 3rd with a half dead engine. Then my pc crashed.:disapointed: It doesn't seem to like rF tbh.

So, things to remember about Monaco:

1) Make sure you've got the right version of the track
2) be extra careful as the armco is very unforgiving
3) overtaking is very very hard, so please be very careful

For a full race maybe turning the damage % down to keep a full field would be helpful, if not very "sim-my"

That was more fun than I expected with such a low turnout.

Quali - went well, got pole by a big margin, even though I felt my pole lap wasn't a great one

Race - got an awful start and exited St Devote in 4th behind Tim, Pat and Nigel. Spent the next 2/3 laps getting my front bashed in by Tim as he rebounded off the armco at seemingly every opportunity lol - would be amusing normally but it was seriously damaging my van! Then when I did get past he nudged his way through again at the Hairpin. I got past two corners later, but my car was very slow down the straights due to the damage sustained to the aero and he executed a neat move up the inside into the chicane after the Tunnel. I finally managed to squeeze through as he whacked more walls and set off after Nigel. Pat had crashed out dramatically earlier. Nigel was 7 seconds ahead but I reeled him in inside 4 laps or so. I passed him (with difficulty as my van was so slow on the straights), but then made a stupid mistake into St Devote, looking in my mirror and braking too late, clipping the armco on entry and promptly lost 14 seconds during the recovery. I had managed to whittle the lead of Nigel's down to around 3/4 seconds when he pitted halfway through. I pitted a lap later but had to fix repairs, meaning Nigel had a 20 second lead with 13 laps remaining.

What followed was a hunt, as I deperately tried to catch him (I was also aware of the audience, as Matt, Pat and Andrew were still there watching despite retiring). I had more speed but I needed to do it consistently without hitting barriers. I caught right up to him with 3 laps to go. I was in trouble though, as my loss of speed down the straights was really hurting my chances of getting past. Thankfully (for me) Nigel made a mistake on lap 29 (out of 30), first at the tunnel chicane, then into the swimming pool, where he slammed the door shut though. The pressure told however, as into Rascasse, he went in too deep and hit the barriers allowing me through. He was also having problems with fuel.

A very hard fought win - and one that I nearly threw away.

• Andrew Evans

shame a lot of the field backed out at the last minute - but i still got me evenings entertainment either way... :D

was enjoying the berlingo more and more the longer i drove it - didn't really have much time for practice beforehand, tbh... managed to snick by most of the mishaps detailed above (including pats rolling wheel on lap 1) and ran for a long while in 3rd (out of 4! :))...

about lap 12 i smacked the tyres on the last corner and got a puncture... limped round and changed my pit strategy on the fly - always a laugh, fer sure.... got going again but van wasn't exactly symmetrical anymore... two more hits into the same tyres and it was wheel off, engine dead at the midpoint... :D

cheers pat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline