Belgian GP: Hamilton takes 6th straight pole

McLaren '88 :whistling:

The McLaren of '88 has literally no chance with the domination of this Mercedes, even less the Ferrari of '04

The McLaren was driven by arguably one of the best drivers ever. Senna & Prost. Pair that such domination was, no surprise to anyone. Especially in a era where the manhood had much bigger influence than today. 1sec gap to the 2nd car or the 3rd was pretty much normal in those days.

The Ferrari was driven by, again, arguably one of the best drivers ever, Schumacher. And if it wasn't for him Barrichello would have been bringing 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th etc for Ferrari. Which means the Ferrari was not that dominant as you point out to be.

Hamilton is doing great. He is very good. Very fast. Even with the car that he has, its not all down to his car i'd say. On few occasions if it wasn't for him Mercedes wouldn't have won with Rosberg. I am well aware of that. But not long ago Sebastian Vettel won 15 poles in a season where 1sec gap was made to the no.10 car on the grid. Not the 3rd or 4th like today. You got my point :)

I remember Vettel winning a pole and up to 7th position, 2 Red Bulls, 2 McLarens, 2 Ferrari and 1 Mercedes all stuck in 0.000-0.300 GAP

Last edited:
The McLaren of '88 has literally no chance with the domination of this Mercedes, even less the Ferrari of '04

The McLaren was driven by arguably one of the best drivers ever. Senna & Prost. Pair that such domination was, no surprise to anyone. Especially in a era where the manhood had much bigger influence than today. 1sec gap to the 2nd car or the 3rd was pretty much normal in those days.

The Ferrari was driven by, again, arguably one of the best drivers ever, Schumacher. And if it wasn't for him Barrichello would have been bringing 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th etc for Ferrari. Which means the Ferrari was not that dominant as you point out to be.

Hamilton is doing great. He is very good. Very fast. Even with the car that he has, its not all down to his car i'd say. On few occasions if it wasn't for him Mercedes wouldn't have won with Rosberg. I am well aware of that. But not long ago Sebastian Vettel won 15 poles in a season where 1sec gap was made to the no.10 car on the grid. Not the 3rd or 4th like today. You got my point :)

I remember Vettel winning a pole and up to 7th position, 2 Red Bulls, 2 McLarens, 2 Ferrari and 1 Mercedes all stuck in 0.000-0.300 GAP
But, Hamilton took many poles from Vettel even with a weaker car, Alonso has done the same too :)

But, Hamilton took many poles from Vettel even with a weaker car, Alonso has done the same too :)
Webber did too. Same as Button. Like i said. They were all there. And cars were not that weaker. Now there is not a chance. Since Mercedes domination Vettel is the only with most starts from front row. 2 last year and 2 or 3 this year. Apart of him and Massa no other was in front row.

Fernando ? Yes! Vettel? Maybe! Valtteri :poop: NO! .... the guy is no where near those three for now and is a bit overrated ... Perez is much better than him if you ask me ...
The problem with Alonso, is the same Schumacher had when he returned to F1.
The new cars require a different driving style, and they were never able to adapt to that challenge.
The lead driver influences some technical choices regarding the car driving characteristics, and Vettel was able to influence that in a positive way in Ferrari, something that Alonso was never able to do. I don't think he will either be able to do it in the Mclaren. Put Hamilton or Vettel in the Mclaren and you will see the team improving in just 3 months.

The new cars require a different driving style, and they were never able to adapt to that challenge.
The lead driver influences some technical choices regarding the car driving characteristics, and Vettel was able to influence that in a positive way in Ferrari, something that Alonso was never able to do. I don't think he will either be able to do it in the Mclaren. Put Hamilton or Vettel in the Mclaren and you will see the team improving in just 3 months.
well I wonder why was Fernando a big threat to Vettel in 2010 and 2012 in inferior cars then.. :whistling:

I disagree when you consider how inferior the Ferrari was last season. In fact, a lot of people see his performance last season alone as a reason why he's one of the best.

I think this season it's just that the McLaren is so god awful that no one would be capable of making it look good. But at least so far Alonso has shown the will to put everything he has into making the team better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back