Belgian GP Debrief: Rosberg Cruises as Mayhem Ensues at Spa

Oh, this never crossed my mind!.. just kidding.
Schumacher's move looks more like that of Rosberg in Spain. He started covering the inside but still left a little bit of space, which Mika tried to go for and the gap was closing. If you look closely, you'll notice he started moving towards the middle before Mika started going for the inside.
Max started moving to the right after Kimi had already decided to go for the inside which is where the problem lies, as well as the fact the Ferrari with DRS was much faster than Max in his Renault. Sure, the Mercedes engine was faster in '00 yes, by about 5kph. The speed difference between Max and Kimi was surely 15+ with DRS, therefore the reaction times need to be faster and the chance of incident is a lot higher.
Again, I'll come back to my statement on the previous page,
And to all of those comparing Max's driving to that of Schumacher or Senna - Kimi has raced drivers such as Schumacher himself and Montoya in the past, and I mean Schumi in his golden era, not his less-impressive Mercedes comeback. And when he says he has not had to do such things with any other driver, with the said driver being involved in at least one incident in the last 3 races, you may want to start considering there is something wrong with the driver instead.

PS: And what about the fact he pushed 2 drivers off the track, without making the corner himself? :coffee:

Look again plz milos, dont u think Max left enough room on the left and there was like 800 meters before the next corner... Just saying, a dummy would have saved kimi. That is what max would do!
Im done with this topic, seen enough on FB and other website's to see who is who.
3 months ago Niki Lauda say'd, its a champion and now he's is mental.... I only go at what i see on fri, sat, and sunday's
Peace out.

Thats probably why you call yourself a number 2 driver ;-)
I applaud you then, you have alien-like reaction times, well done!

(if you want to know the real story, I put the signature in for games where I manage an AI driver driving instead of me, as I've occasionally had to resort to being a #2 for the team to get anything good. Plus i like the quote lol)

His defense is on the edge. But seems you guys rather see a lot of boring drs overtakes and no fighting.
Most drivers just let someone go if they get overtaken in a drs zone. Max actually found a way to defend it and everybody gets in his hair. Well it's all within the rules as he hadn't been penalized for it now for several races.

And people saying is to dangerous, come on its f1 racing. If you want to watch a save sport, go watch curling. Or you then start bitching about how dangerous it is standing on the slippery ice.

I think Max was over-zealous in his defense and should at minimum get some license points as a warning. However, I think the arguments I would make on the topic have been made several times, so no need to rehash.

It's clear there's a lot of disagreement on Max's on-track behavior, but I think we can all agree that in F1, teams and drivers will do whatever they can get away with. For instance, reverse grids are a common passing thought, but we all know that qualifying would then turn into "How slow can I go without hurting the car?" So with that in mind, his behavior won't change until he starts getting penalized - either by the team or by the stewards. I don't see the team penalizing him because they don't want to lose his talent to competitors. So unless Whiting and co say something he really has ZERO incentive to change. Sure, he crashes now and then, but in his mind, it's the same behavior that won him a race in Spain.

Another thing we probably can all agree upon is that winning is associated with greatness. Schumacher and Senna had more than their fair share of dodgy moves in their careers and now they are legendary. I think Prost usually isn't involved in that conversation because he was a little "too clean" most of the time. Michael Jordan was kind of an a-hole, but we all let that slide too. Max wants to be a part of that legend and how much other drivers like him is probably not a concern for him.

His defense is on the edge. But seems you guys rather see a lot of boring drs overtakes and no fighting.
Most drivers just let someone go if they get overtaken in a drs zone. Max actually found a way to defend it and everybody gets in his hair. Well it's all within the rules as he hadn't been penalized for it now for several races.

And people saying is to dangerous, come on its f1 racing. If you want to watch a save sport, go watch curling. Or you then start bitching about how dangerous it is standing on the slippery ice.

Oh dear. Firstly we want to see overtaking and fights but they need to clean. Did you see that awesome battle between Perez and Massa. Look how close it was and look how clean it was! That is proper racing, not this stupid defence Max uses!

Another comment believing the stewards are always right. Smh. Let's ask if you think Schumi should of been punished in Adelaide in 1994?

F1 is dangerous, but that doesn't mean we should tolerate dangerous driving. There is no need for Max to put someone at risk because of anger

Oh man, I'd love to do what Max did to all of you saying it's a valid defense method in a club race one day. See how safe/legit you think it is.

Most drivers just let someone go if they get overtaken in a drs zone.

Well it's all within the rules as he hadn't been penalized for it now for several races.

And people saying is to dangerous, come on its f1 racing.

1. Rules says you have to chose a side and stay in that side.
2. Not being penalized certainly doesn't mean it's good neither legal. And in this case it isn't legal.
3. I'm ok with them fighting to death. But let them all fight in the same conditions. Don't penalize ones and let others do whatever they want because they sell hats and t-shirts.

Rules say you can make one move (you don't have to stay one one side!). And he did. Rules also say you may not block once the front wing is next to your rear wheel. Which in this case it wasn't so he had every right to block. Kimi should have gone for the outside line but wanted the easier inside which Max blocked of. It was late but considering the rules not to late.

And I do race a lot online and if someone in front of me covers the inside I have to make sure I try another way to overtake. So I never mind people defending in front of me. Makes the challenge of overtaking only better.

Rules say you can make one move (you don't have to stay one one side!). And he did. Rules also say you may not block once the front wing is next to your rear wheel. Which in this case it wasn't so he had every right to block. Kimi should have gone for the outside line but wanted the easier inside which Max blocked of. It was late but considering the rules not to late.

And I do race a lot online and if someone in front of me covers the inside I have to make sure I try another way to overtake. So I never mind people defending in front of me. Makes the challenge of overtaking only better.

But Kimi had a speed advantage and was looking to go to the inside. Max covered it late to cause Kimi to brake to avoid a huge crash. That's where the problem lies

Kimi should have gone for the outside line but wanted the easier inside which Max blocked of. It was late but considering the rules not to late.
well, he had to try something didn't he... on the previous lap Max literally pushed him off the track when he tried the outside. And there was a gap, which was covered insanely late at the closing speed Kimi had. Look at Valencia 2010, that's how bad it can get, and Valencia had a lot of runoff.

Another thing we probably can all agree upon is that winning is associated with greatness. Schumacher and Senna had more than their fair share of dodgy moves in their careers and now they are legendary. I think Prost usually isn't involved in that conversation because he was a little "too clean" most of the time. Michael Jordan was kind of an a-hole, but we all let that slide too. Max wants to be a part of that legend and how much other drivers like him is probably not a concern for him.
Well, Michael was well-respected I'd say :p

But Kimi had a speed advantage and was looking to go to the inside. Max covered it late to cause Kimi to brake to avoid a huge crash. That's where the problem lies

So it doesn't say in the rules that a speed advantage means move out of the way. Like I said before he found a way inside the rules to block against those DRS (which I think should be banned from F1) overtakes. If they find it to dangerous they should change the rules. But for now its possible and the only way not to be a sitting duck.
Overtaking is a art not a button you push. And Max can overtake without DRS like he did last year in Spa.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%