Beginners GT events, and a beginners GT car.

Definitly one advantage to buying all the add-on packs for Race07, you get some lovely GTs.

Problem is, if like me, your race car most of the time is a FWD WTCC touring car, then these GTs behave, react, and drive completely different.

The best way to get faster is obviously with more track time, but beating a TA isn't that great, and doesn't accuretly tell you how well your doing.

Last GT event was last Fridays event at Algarve. I drove the CCGT, and after a few days, I was comfortable in it, but far from being confident in pushing it in an aggressive manner consistently. The unfortunate thing is, I am now busy on Fridays from 18:00BST onwards, so can't take part in either the 750K enduro, or what looks to be a regular GT event every Friday.

Also can't race with the Americans as staying up at one thirty in the morning with a G25 really isn't viable with another five people in the house trying to sleep. And I dought I would get much out of any public server.

I do hope to race in the RDGTC, so long as it doesn't fall on a day I'm busy (not Sundays please :pray:) but without a proper amount of RD GT events under my belt, I would just be a back marker, and probably cause alot of trouble. A) Because I haven't raced with RD drivers in these cars enough, and B) I don't really know how to run any of the GT cars in an aggressive manner yet (not racing AI, don't see the point when RL drivers are completely different).

Does anyone then know of a car class (in-game or download) that is like a beginners GT. So I can get a grasp of the way the car drives, but in a slower enviroment, and then build up to the GTP cars.

Hopefully then, if (day permitting) I can race in the RDGTC, I'll actually be capable of racing people, not just running around by myself (make more mistakes that way) an won't be a danger to others around me.

Aside from power, one of the main differences of GTs from TCs is that they're RWD. That's probably the main thing which makes them handle differently. To get used to it in a slower environment, give the BMWs a go because they're RWD too. If 5 gears feels a bit odd, then STCC has a 6 speed BMW you can use instead. Once you get used to those, you can move on to the more powerful GTs. Its still a pretty large jump with regards to power, but as long as your foot isn't too heavy then you should be ok. Practice makes perfect!

(You could also temporarily enable driving aids until you get the hang of them.)

As for events, I think your best bet is just to enter some of the existing ones. There's no shame in being a back marker... everyone has to start somewhere! But entering the races will get you valuable experience, and also give you the chance to see how others drive and learn from them. Maybe I'll come and keep you company at the back... I'm not too hot in GTs either. :tongue:

Ethan,

I used to HATE GT cars when I first got going.

Try GT Club first. Lower power to weght ratios make them more tame to drive. try driving an offline GT event in the game. IT will help you "RACE"

GT's require much more care and smoothness to be quick. Wrestling around witha car sliding into and out of corners is a sure sign of over fdriving a GT car.

Also, GT cars are very cold the first 5-7 kilomters. Tires are COLD and the car just wants to slide everywhere.

Forget about time attack for now. Thats nothing but a hotlap competition and thats not how you'll learn to RACE a GT car.

also, try tracks that are more forgiving to a GT car. A1 rRing, Watkins glen NAscar wil lteach you how to drive one without all the tight complicated terrain you saw at Algarve.

And above all, ask questions!

good luck!

Take Eric's advice, find a decent fastish track like the 2 he recommends and take the bmw (a fast/balanced car) or the Mosler (easiest to drive, corners well) in the GT Sport class. They have less power so that rear wheel drive power that you're getting that is totally different than the front wheel drive feel won't constantly spin you out on corner exit.

These are tons of fun to race. It will just take some getting used to. Fortunately, that was what I started racing from day 1. It's easier to go from gt cars to front wheel than it is to go in the other direction.

Imola 2008 is good too, I use this for test as it has great altitude changes and easy tight corners with forgiving run-off's. It's a track that you can get familiar with easily and is confidants inspiring :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 137 13.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.7%