Before buying

It highly depends on what you want to drive. I for myself am a huge fan of GTEs/LMPs. Driving them on add-on-tracks like LM and Sebring to me is just the greatest fun. I got the game, the track pack (also including Nordschleife) and the Endurance Cars in Summer Sale on Steam.
To me the alternatives for this kind of cars and tracks are rare. PC2 comes to mind but compared to rF2 it just really feels very Arcade.

It's not too long until the next Steam sale. Should be a Halloween-sale at the end of October, followed by an "Autumn" sale at the end of November(Black Friday/Cyber Monday). Now, the Halloween-sale might not be a massive sale in terms of "all" games joining in. The Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale can be a more popular one.
Then the Winter/Christmas/New Year sale comes some days before Christmas and lasts to the start of the new year. This is a sale that usually has quite a few devs/publishers participating, as people are buying gifts to others, or didn't get the game they wanted for Christmas etc.

I would say the game is a noticeable sequel to rF1, both in terms of driving and style. While the driving isn't the same as rF1, you can easily feel that it is the same dev. that made the game, but it is more sophisticated and I would say a better experience. You can also see some very typical ISI graphic/HUD choices that have been with them since Sports Car GT.
It's all in all a familiar feeling, but a better one.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 19 33.9%