1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BeamNG release free tech demo and starts selling alpha builds

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Kjell Eilertsen, Aug 4, 2013.

1. The guys over at www.beamng.com have released both a free tech demo of their work in process physics engine a well as a $12 alpha purchase which gives access to dev forums and frequent updates of the game until release. The alpha is modable so it'll be interesting to see what may come from this. The demo videos show off some seriously impressive physics in terms of crashes, destruction and movement in general, whether the engine also has a proper tire model and good driving physics remains to be seen, and I'd be interested in hearing your comments on it below. I'll be downloading the tech demo myself today and buying the alpha if I like what the demo has to offer.

Download the tech demo for free here: http://beamng.com/techdemo

Purchase the alpha here: http://beamng.com/alpha

2. Yeah, I gave it a go this morning and I think it will be really fun!

However, I could not change the game controller (in my case wheel) and not even change the keys, so I will wait until these available....if they will be...

3. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Already bought alpha and I tried to setup my steering wheel without any success. Here are some instructions, but around me is too hot and I am too lazy right now to deal with this sort of English :).
    http://wiki.beamng.com/Playing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Looks cool but there's no way of me running it on my PC :(

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

:roflmao: sorry Paul i couldn't resist:redface:
    6a00d8341c519753ef0168e5516ed4970c-800wi.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

But the crash physics look sick...:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tried the tech demo last night, impressive crash physics, not sure about the driving it all felt very weird, but considering the premise of the demo I don't hold that against them.
    I'll wait with buying the Alpha/beta or release until I see some proper track racing popping up from this, taking a truck for a spin offroad can only amuse me for so long.

9. Downloaded the Demo the other day...
    I use a Playstation2 controller but Drive 'automatically' detected that I have Xbox controller...
    Being able to set controls without resorting to code or scripts would be a huge leap forward for the game at this point.
    Eviroments & crash physics look awsome, Im reaaly looking forward to having a sample drive!
    Also trying to figure out if it's possible to import a BTB Pro project exported in .dx into it...
    Will let you know if I do! :D

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  10. puh very buggy and very frustrating to make o cool crash because there is no replay function and the controls are fixed.

11. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Community made Off Road Extreme map.

12. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

"Race" update coming soon! Featuring the Bolide 390 GTR, race lap timing, roll cage for the Covet, and more!
    :)