DiRT 4 'Be Fearless' - New DiRT 4 Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 4.jpg

Codemasters reveal the new DiRT 4 trailer 'Be Fearless' in the build up to game release, showing off plenty of in game action from this highly anticipated new rally game.

With a go live date of just over a month away, and with a game set to be cram packed full of new content and features, Codemasters have stuck a nerve with the new one minute trailer for DiRT 4 as the British development studio give players another exciting glimpse as to what is scheduled to be on offer come launch day on June 4th.

Unless you've been living under a rock for these past few weeks you've probably already heard all about what DiRT 4 will include, however for those of you who have maybe missed some of the various preview articles we have published recently I'll run down some of the game highlights below:

• Rally Mode
  • Rallycross Mode
  • Landrush
  • Buggies
  • 'Your Stage' procedural stage generation tool
  • Team Management mode
  • Over 50 cars
  • 5 different stage locations

Understandably considering the rave reviews received by DiRT Rally, many off road fans are excited to see what Codemasters have in store when the game releases later this spring. Already promised repeatedly by the developers, it looks like Codemasters are keen to ensure DiRT 4 maintains a nod towards simulation tendencies, with the game expected to build upon the solid foundations already laid down by the previous title.

With more cars, more options, more features and more action, DiRT 4 should be a pretty strong release once it hits the shelves this June.

DiRT 4 is due to be released on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC June 4th 2017.

DiRT 4 2.jpg
DiRT 4 3.jpg
DiRT 4 4.jpg

Check out the DiRT 4 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep in touch with all the latest news and discussions with regards to Codemasters latest rally title. Join in the discussion and get involved in the action nice and early before its public release this June.

Did you enjoy the DiRT 4 trailer? Looking forward to the game? Which class of rally are you most anticipating trying for yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
If nothing else, I'm happy to have anything but generic dubstep as trailer music in a racing game for the first time in... what, like, seven years?

And since it's being bandied around, I gotta say, I personally quite like the stuff they make in the style of WRC without the exact license. There's a lot more creativity in it. I still don't like that the license is exclusive and held by someone else, and I still think exclusive motorsports licenses are harmful to sims/games and motorsports brands overall, but I find myself not so worried about that when playing.

Yeah but are those real licenced cars or just lookalikes like in gta?
I don´t think that CM have any restrictions regarding damage on Rallye-cars. Road cars is another thing, but no road-cars in Dirt so far. There is more damage in Dirt Rally than AC for example, it´s just not as good as in WatchDogs 2. I think it´s all laziness of the developers and it costs money. I was reading somewhere that just Ruf didn´t like to see severe damage and burning cars and the rest it a myth.

Last edited:
As long as the Rallye Sim group is keeping Richard Burns Rally up to date, I can't see myself getting my rally fix anywhere else. The graphics are ****, but the physics... Yet to find a rally game that comes close. Dirt 4 looks like CM have updated the graphics yet again, but have failed to replace the CMR 2.0 physics engine.

I may be wrong, but CM have a pretty consistent record of arcade type games, not sims.

As long as the Rallye Sim group is keeping Richard Burns Rally up to date, I can't see myself getting my rally fix anywhere else. The graphics are ****, but the physics... Yet to find a rally game that comes close. Dirt 4 looks like CM have updated the graphics yet again, but have failed to replace the CMR 2.0 physics engine.

I may be wrong, but CM have a pretty consistent record of arcade type games, not sims.
It's kinda weird to judge physics upon video and not gameplay. Let's wait and see what they have improved, shall we? BTW: It's not only RallyeSim that keeps RBR alive ;)

True, however this is Dirt 4, not Dirt Rally.

With the release of D4, It'd be very nice of CM if they opened up Dirt Rally to modding now.
I do agree, didn't notice it was about D4. Modding for DR is highly unlikely and lack of real life stages in D4 is due to licencing issues (yes, even roads are prone to being licensed). Hence Your Stage feature is so strongly promoted, I guess.

The Dirt series has always been simcade. Dirt 1/2/3 and the CMR series where towards the arcade direction whereas Dirt Rally was directed more towards the sim audience. What I'm wondering about is; what direction has CM taken with Dirt 4? Sim or arcade? Should we wait for a possible Dirt Rally 2 for us simmers, or will Dirt 4 effectively be Dirt Rally 2? Many unanswered questions in this regard.

What I'm wondering about is; what direction has CM taken with Dirt 4? Sim or arcade? Should we wait for a possible Dirt Rally 2 for us simmers, or will Dirt 4 effectively be Dirt Rally 2? Many unanswered questions in this regard.
They have answered this many times. It will be the DiRT Rally physics, only upgraded an polished. Then there will be a easier game mode for arcade players that is the same physics, but with aids and stuff to help casual players enjoy the game. CM is really keen to let us know that it is both an arcade and a sim, but not a compromise between the two.

I diagree. RBR NGP physics aren't that great. They're fun, but they just feel odd. Particularly on tarmac.

The Dirt series has always been simcade. Dirt 1/2/3 and the CMR series where towards the arcade direction whereas Dirt Rally was directed more towards the sim audience. What I'm wondering about is; what direction has CM taken with Dirt 4? Sim or arcade? Should we wait for a possible Dirt Rally 2 for us simmers, or will Dirt 4 effectively be Dirt Rally 2? Many unanswered questions in this regard.

There's never going to be a DiRT Rally 2.

• Deleted member 217114

so no DR 2 is confirmed. Hoped to have a DR 2 in 2019 with generated stages, but totally focused on rally, etc.Maybe someday. :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%