PC2 Be careful using the Custom FFB preset.

Good old Jack Spade strikes again. I tried the Alt low comp and can feel every grain of dirt on the track. I will try stanlowcom tomorrow as the above is a little too strong. But Jack's files are excellent once again.

what is your setting in calibration in game... for t500rs

Attachments

• 21687542_1983256525239111_3546305670669799577_n.jpg
    21687542_1983256525239111_3546305670669799577_n.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 922
what is your setting in calibration in game... for t500rs
Are you on PC or console?
You should map two buttons to increase/decrease FFB strength for each car. If you are on PC, download the custom FFB settings from jack Spade (I can recommend the "Standard low comp"). Ingame settings should look like this, the rest is default for me.
Gain:100
Tone: 50
FX: 50
Volume: Around 50 ( this is the setting which you can change "on the fly" with your hotkeys)

Wow these custom FFB files Jack made are amazing, the wheel really comes alive. The standard files have some artificial road noise added and the compressor files feel to change the strength on my AF wheel. The low comp files produce a stronger FFB and from what Jack explained it seems Low is aimed at high end wheels. Try them all using the same car/track combo and feel what is best for yourself.

I think many people use the Standard comp mid for Thrustmaster and fanatec wheels. You can try them all if you want but just remember to restart your game each time you try a new one.

And yes DD is Direct Drive :)

Can anyone suggest one of Jack's files for a T300? I'm sort of not sure of the file names so am I supposed to try all of them? I assume "DD" refers to direct drive?

I'd suggest standard low comp or standard mid comp. The file names are explained in Jack's post, though.

Still, be sure to map some keys/buttons for FFB volume adjustment. It's all over the place for individual cars and the game doesn't offer per car adjustment (that's not an issue with Jack's files, though, the default FFB suffers from the same problem).

Yes, over the top. Don't know why, but the alternative files to me feel like someone just turned all the FFB effects to eleven. Incredibly overwhelming, no nuance, no dynamic range. It's kinda like if I went back to DFGT from the T300. Didn't bother to find out why, my time with the game is rather limited and the standard files don't seem to do that.

And it's not like the Jack Spade files are a must have in PC2 anyway, unlike PC1.

Yes, but that's a minor problem for me compared to how alternates feel as a whole. They just feel so over the top to me it's ridiculous.

In what way? You mean to strong bumps and wheel weight? I could see that but thats a simple fix of lowing in game sliders. I dont like fake effects added to FFB so I use the alt. Fighting the wheel is part of the fun for me.

Edit: You posted as I was typing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back