Be A Star In A Reasonably Priced Car - Summit Solstice

Inspired by the BBC TV programme 'Top Gear' (where a cheap saloon car is used by celebrities to try and set the fastest lap around the Top Gear Test Track), I thought whilst we all await iRacing v2.0 for the serious RD stuff to get going, I would offer an 'unofficial' challenge series for all-comers who are Licensed Members of RD, using some Rookie content (so everyone can have a go).

SS2.png

Using Summit Point Raceway and the Pontiac Solstice - Rookie car in TEST mode, the challenge is to set the fastest lap. Doesn't have to be a perfectly clean lap, just as long as iRacing registers your lap time, it can be considered.

Run some laps, post your best time (we'll do this on trust, as there's no prize at the end of it, it's just for fun) and if we get any entries, I'll create a little leaderboard along the lines of the Top Gear lap times board on the TV show.

:cool:

OK, latest leaderboard

RDLAPS.png

Ok let's get this party started. Probably gonna be beaten very quickly, but after one flying lap I've got, a 1:28:442.

We can enter another time if we get a faster laptime right Daz? If not I'd like to retract my entry haha :)

EDIT: After a few more laps got down to a 1:27.482. Will it be accepted by the judges? :)

OMG :D I'm a Top Gear nut (BBCA anyways, the short lived American version was horrid), and I think this is a brilliant idea. Of course I've only ran one (1!) proper lap on a road course, but hey, someone's gotta be on the bottom. Reckon I'm as good as any to be the bad example :wink:

Ok let's get this party started. Probably gonna be beaten very quickly, but after one flying lap I've got, a 1:28:442.

We can enter another time if we get a faster laptime right Daz? If not I'd like to retract my entry haha :)

EDIT: After a few more laps got down to a 1:27.482. Will it be accepted by the judges? :)

Oh yes, you can keep trying and trying. If if you improve on a time already submitted, it will be updated.

although I don't like this car much I gave it a go anyway. a few spins and late brakings finally led me to 12th lap where all corners came together quite smooth. 1:26.217 is my time.

-edit-

just like simon trendell above, I ran with G27 H-shifter, heel n toe, manual clutch :) hell yeah the way it should be simon :cool:

After a considerable amount of swearing I managed a 1:25.848 - seems its more luck than anything with this car though as you never know what you'll get at the next corner. Either it'll understeer off into a field or instantly go 90 degrees sideways for no apparent reason. Preferred the Solstice back a few years when it didn't oversteer as badly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back