BBC drops F1 Coverage with Immediate effect.

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
To bridge a £35m budget shortfall the BBC have announced that they will cease to broadcast F1 races on TV.
In 2014,15 they covered 10 races live and the rest as a highlights package.

This will leave UK viewers no free to air option to watch F1.
(EDIT) Correction Chanel 4 will show the races from 2016.

Radio 5 Live will continue to cover the races.

Last edited:
Another reason to get rid of the enforced TV tax/licence that is forced upon British tax payers.:mad::thumbsdown:

Umm...Wimbledon and some snooker...I think.

It's a bit of a shocker considering their pulling it so early. According to what I've read Channel 4 will pick up BBC's coverage from next season.

Yes but that'll leave us with the commercial crap that other countries have to watch, best value for money ever.
Pokes bear with stick and stands back:D

Maybe so, but Sky (a service that I can decide on whether to subscribe to or not) have F1 coverage with no commercials. Why can't the BBC go subscription or commercial like all others have to do? I for one do not enjoy paying the BBC mandatory tax. And stop poking me with that god damned stick.........it hurts. :sneaky::x3:

compulsory licence fee doesn't give much that i'm interested in anymore. this is the last.
bbc is now all about baking competitions, hairy bikers who stuff their faces (who do more baking) and more tripe about sod all.
but i guess the news is ok.

I must confess I have tired of Eddie Jordan. He started as someone who was insightful and controversial and ended as some one who was trying really hard to be insightful and controversial.
He was also very inconsistent with his views.
EG in the 2015 wrap up. RedBull were very foolish to fall out publicly with their engine supplier. "Bad moce as any team owner knows". However Alonso was very clever to publicly humilate Honda at Their own track in their nations GP.

Believe it or not Andy I still have an old freeview box, I keep promising myself to upgrade but then R3E brings out new content;). It's alright for madam with her fancy tivo box:). Of course she says if I stopped buying CDs and books I could afford one as well.
You mean your TV does not have freeview HD built in? Wow..:confused::whistling:

@Andy Jackson
My wife has Virgin tv with about 3 million channels on hers and I'm really not that bothered I don't think in all the years she's had it I've ever watched anything on it.
Before you ask, yes the tv is a flatscreen:) and I did have to replace the hdd in the freeview box. I really am a cheapskate.

Here its basically free, every broadcast has like a couple minute delay from the real stuff, its just 1 channel that covers almost all the sports and costs like 10 cents a month to have it at all.

Umm...Wimbledon and some snooker...I think.

It's a bit of a shocker considering their pulling it so early. According to what I've read Channel 4 will pick up BBC's coverage from next season.

So the only person watching it now, would be the queen.

And "with immediate effect" is kinda ironic since the next race is only in 4 months.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%