WIP Bay Route #9

I will have another play with the flags once i get more done.

Seem to have an issue with "Sticky" armco, Any collision with it sort of stops the car dead.

Heres the latest section, the Tunnel ive been working on. Each light texture on the wall has its own lightglow texture, so stereos shader settings should work wonders on it

65086_10151189404158015_1722027235_n.jpg

Downloaded the update, it took 1.5 hours with my slow DSL. Found a few Qlog errors with missing shaders,etc. overall a good job just too big a download. A suggestion, put all updates in the first post then only post the items changed. That will help those of us that are not on broadband.

Alpha channel should be 0 (black) for non-reflective parts, 1 (white) for the most reflective. Then just use dyn_standard_reflect_v/f.cg shaders.

shader_02__default~vf_reflect
{
cast_shadow=1
reflect=0.4
layer0
{
map=kitteh-window.jpg
}
layer1
{
map=$trackenvmap
texgen_s=reflection_map
texgen_t=reflection_map
texgen_r=reflection_map
}
}

Something like that?

Excellent. Works great! certainly give the track an awesome feeling. Especially now with shadows!

Next bit. How would i go about getting the Bump Map to work alongside the above shaders?

}
shader_building_1~vf_reflect
{
cast_shadow=1
reflect=0.4
layer0
{
map=building_1.tga
emission=0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5
}
layer1
{
map=$trackenvmap
}
}
shader_building_1~vf_bump
{
cast_shadow=1
cull=none
layer0
{
map=building_1.tga
;mipmap=0
}
layer1
{
map=building_1_bump.tga
;mipmap=0
}
}
This the way to do it?

You'd use the _bump_reflect shaders, which puts the main texture in layer0, the bumpmap in layer1, and the reflection map in layer2.
Code:
vf_bump_reflect
{
  material=metal
  vertex_shader
  {
    file=dyn_standard_bump_reflect_v.cg
  }
  fragment_shader
  {
    file=dyn_test_bump_reflect_f.cg
  }
}

Sure.
Code:
shader_building_x~vf_bump_reflect
{
  cast_shadow=1
  reflect=0.4
  tangents=1 
  ; etc.
  layer0
  {
    map=building_x.tga
  }
  layer1
  {
    map=building_x_bump.tga
    mode=linear
  }
  layer2
  {
    map=$trackenvmap
  }
}
One thing I forgot before is you need the 'mode=linear' on the bumpmap layer so it loads the texture correctly.

Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_road_bump' in line 133 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 498 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 517 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 536 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 555 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 574 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 592 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 610 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 628 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 646 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 664 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]
Sat Jan 12 22:50:24 (WARN ): [racer] QInfo(data/tracks/Bay_Route_9/track.shd): reference (~) to unknown tree 'vf_bump_reflect' in line 682 [qinfo.cpp:407 / QInfo::Read]

Ah i see, i put that in the shader. And now i get this error.

EDIT - Working!

Problem now is, the whole texture is reflected. Not just the alpha channel.

Do the bump maps need alpha channels aswell?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back