1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Johan Bergqvist, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Anybody play BF2 regurarly? We (Morgan Eklöv and I)try to get on a server every now and again together with a bunch of friends any interest to join?

2. Iv got BF2. youll have to give me your steam and let us now when your playing.

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I was playing reality mod mod regularly till a few months ago. the latest ptach came out and it faded away for me a bit. might reinstall it for a change of pace.

4. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

New beta patch is now avaliable for testing, Also included is the Highway Tampa map and the all new operation blue pearl map.

http://www.fileplay.net/file/5123/battlefield-2-v1-5-beta-patch-1

Lots and lots of other stuff fixed and added to make this game one of the best team orientated first person shooters! Not many games get a patch 4 years after the release, An EA game beleve it or not!

BF2 is now widescreen compatable!

5. I would join you, but I need to get a fresh install because after my GPU, CPU, and PSU upgrade I couldn't play BF2 anymore. Maybe I'll just do it all at once with the new patch.

6. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

7. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

My god, they are actually going to release a Patch!! :faint:

8. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on boys and girls go grab yourself a copy! You won't regret it!

9. Yay! Patch!

2gb big!

10. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

I have been running all the beta patches and it has improved no end! all those insta-prone guys will hate it as it now adds deviation for a few seconds as you prone. So no more bunny hoppers or insta-proners!

I must say this patch has been a long time coming. It was supposed to take a month to do but it has now totalled 1 year and 2 months!

Soon to be released on steam as a download aswell along with 1942 and vietnam!

11. I have the 1942 boxset, anyone have '42? :)

12. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Yep deluxe edition, I also have Vietnam,2142 and 1943 on xbox :D

13. I have Vietname aswell from the boxset :) The game is good, even though it was pretty inknown in the series. Proves the point too that BF games have some of the best animations. Good music too. Just had to download the soundtrack, some awesome Vietnam era tunes.

14. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Yaaaaaaaaaaay it's out, but I can't download it yet.. If I do my ISP will send me letters saing i've been capped too many times this week :wilt:

15. Neil Tennant

Neil Tennant
    @ Simberia @Simberia

desert combaaaaattt

16. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I rinsed DC Final for years! bloodie loovvve that MOD :D

17. Got the patch finally.

Good hint, get it at Shacknews/Fileshack. They say that non-members are capped at 500kb/s. Lies. I got 1.4mb/s at times :D

18. But I already own the booster packs (came with BF2)...Still, would like to play some more as I have recently purchased a new mouse (Logi G9x)

19. Me and Tusting are going to play some this afternoon if anyone wants to join us feel free :)