1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Bathurst update question

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by ethanc16, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Hi all,
    Bathurst is one of my favourite tracks of all time, But the latest track that has been made is 2010. I was just wondering if anyone is going to update it or is in progress of being updated.

Thanks.

2. At this stage there is no plans to update it further for rFactor. The 2010 version fixed a few fundamental errors from the original, but I think that is where it will stay for the time being.

3. First, I just want to say that this track is perfect. I don't think it needs any updates, but then again, I have been playing a conversion of this track for Game Stock Car. I found 2 versions of Bathurst that worked for GSC2012 and since the release of GSC2013, both tracks seem to work great with GSC2013 too. Out of the nearly 200+ tracks I have downloaded and installed for Game Stock Car, Bathurst 2010 is by far my most favorite track. The 2 version of Bathurst that I have installed that work with GSC2013 are called Bathurst2010 and the other is called Bathurst2011, but the Bathurst 2011 version seems older, not as sexy, and the replay cameras do not work that well. I think The Bathurst 2010 version is much better, sexier, the best replay cameras I have ever seen and I think it is the the more current version of the 2 tracks despite the year shown in the track title.

So my question is... who converted the Bathurst2010 track for GSC1012? If it wasn't one of the original Team ORSM creators that made the original rFactor Bathurst 2010 track, then did the person ask for permission to convert it for GSC2012? If they were given permission, then would it be possible to announce the release of the converted GSC version of the track in the Game Stock Car forums?

There reason why I am asking is... I have a lot of friends that would like this track and they can't seem to find it anywhere. It's not an easy track to find. I'm tired of feeling like the bootlegger and sending links to friends where they can download underground track, lol.

I just want to see the Game Stock Car converted version of the rFactor Bathurst 2010 track released publicly in the Race Department Game Stock Car section. That's all. It's the best track and it deserves to be played by all Game Stock Car players.

If the GSC version of Bathurst is a ripped copy, then I feel sorry about that, but at the same time, I am happy that I at least got the chance to play this track in Game Stock Car. If the track wasn't legally converted for Game Stock Car, then could Team ORSM either approve the release of the ripped copy or take the time to convert the rFactor Bathurst 2010 track for Game Stock Car so it will be deemed legitimate? Please do whatever you can to get this released for Game Stock Car 2013.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  4. Bram just informed me that the Game Stock Car versions of the track are illegal copies.

I would still like to request that Team ORSM convert Bathurst 2010 for GSC2013. It seems a shame that all of the great work that went into creating the track for rFactor is not being shared with Game Stock Car. I know if I made an awesome track - that I would want as many people playing it as possible. I'm not the only person to mention that Bathurst would be great for Game Stock Car, a few other people, including Bram, mention wanting it for GSC too - in the rFactor Bathurst 2010 release thread. I don't know how hard it is to convert it for GSC2013, but I really hope that Team ORSM takes the time to do so.

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Where did I say I wanted this track for GSC?

6. Bram

Bram

7. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to research it further Bram. Google can only take me so far. I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read every thread in the Race Department forums going back over a year ago, heh.

And how could I know you locked the other thread while I was currently posting in a different thread at the same time?

It's not a big deal. I'm sure Team ORSM will just ignore my request or they would have made a conversion of the track for Game Stock Car a long time ago. Selfish bastards, just kidding.

I was merely pointing out that since a ripped copy of the track does exist, that maybe they should take the time to convert a legitimate version of their track for GSC2013, since it is the best track out there. But it's cool, I'll just keep playing the ripped version of Bathurst since Team ORSM has no intention of converting the track for GSC2013 - as stated in the link you posted above.

Right now there is a dedicated GSC server running the Bathurst rip track 24/7. lol. Team ORSM doesn't want people playing the converted copy of their track, and they also don't want people discussing it or letting other people know that a converted version of the track does exist for Game Stock Car.

I design maps for other game and people constantly steal and mod my maps. I have no problem with this at all. I'm happy that somebody is at least making use of my work.

So let me get this straight, Team ORSM won't convert the track for GSC2013, but since somebody else decided to without permission - they don't want anybody to play it at all. I'm sorry, but that just sounds so stupid. I enjoy playing the Bathurst rip track for GSC and I do not give any credit to the guy that ripped it. I give all credit to the original creators of the track, Team ORSM, and that is all that should matter. Team ORSM should approve the release of the ripped copy of the map and re-release it with their names as the authors, since after all, they did create the track and nobody can argue otherwise. The credits should say in the end... converted for Game Stock Car by "Unknown", lmao.

8. Bram

Bram

I don't disagree. But we have already expressed our desires to have this track in GSC and they didn't say yes at the time and that is a genuine decision of those that did the actual work.

That some ripper feels the need to steal and convert it should never ever be a reason for OSRM to feel forced to port their own track over as I am sure they have enough work on their hands already and it would be a very bad signal to give up their principles because of some idiot that shits on the wishes of the creators.

Nobody stops you from building your own scratch version of Bathurst of course. Tools enough to do it. Question is do you have enough time?

9. I honestly don't know how difficult it is to design a track. I did look into it about a year ago, but I gave up when I could not find enough information regarding how to get started. I mostly design maps, levels and missions for first person shooter games and I have been doing so for a bunch of different games since Duke Nukem 3D in 1996, so I have a tremendous amount of experience with game editors. I don't see how making a track would be any more difficult once I learn how to do it. If I ever were to make a track, I would want to make a real track, but I think it would be more fun to make a track that doesn't exist in real life, but I would want to make it very similar to Bathurst.

I think if I ever really wanted to make a track - that I should first buy and install rFactor and get familiar with their editing forums. Unless you know of a better place to start.