Resource icon

Tracks Baskerville Raceway 0.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nick Rainbird submitted a new resource:

Baskerville Raceway - For Assetto Corsa by Nick Rainbird

This is my local racetrack, it is a short track with excellent elevation changes that I would liken to a short version of Brands Hatch. I am building the mesh and objects from scratch with the idea that I will try to create an authentic version of the circuit, while keeping the system performance optimised and utilising as many graphical elements as I can from the AC SDK tools.

I started this project on 27/08/2014 and it is still in the early stages of development despite myself having spent...

Read more about this resource...

Excellent Nick, I ran a few laps this arvo mate, thoroughly enjoyed the track, the undulations and blind peak left turn are truly awesome, and the track is very technically demanding, not one that you can just blast around with heavy footed abandon either, a very controlled approach required to cut that quick lap :) Im impressed, as will everyone who instals the circuit.
For v0.3 it's extremely well polished already, and if this is anything to go by you're final release is going to be nothing short of awesome.

Cheers
AJ

First of all, AMAZING track !!! (I see Miles of Smiles on this one) I love the layout and it's so crazy to have all of that variation in such a short lap time. That conveniently brings me to the next point. I like how fast the lap is over and you're on to the next one again. Makes this track perfect for tweaking setups and fine tuning. Which leads me to the third point. Being that this track is perfect for testing, it would be awesome to have some brake markers in a few key spots, or even just change the color/texture of pavement going into a few sections. I did read earlier where you said you were going for the authenticity of a home track, so the things I've suggested maybe out of the question all together. None the less... never hurts to suggest.

Good Work. Keep it coming. Looking forward to updates. In the mean time... Let's go tweak some setups. Many Thanks to Nick Rainbird !!!!!

Nick Rainbird updated Baskerville Raceway with a new update entry:

Baskerville Raceway

v0.6 Beta Release (11/11/2014)
- Now supports 24 competitors (20 pits)
- Surrounding terrain elevations
- Tree normals fixed and better placed
- More tree groups and shadowcasting fixes
- Darker track textures
- Surface skidmarks added (alpha textures)
- Surface patches added (mesh and textures)
- Blue curbs with curbstones
- Brake markers added
- Cones added (blue timing cones, red trackday cones)
- Billboards and signs added
- 3D grass added and LOD'ed (maximum world detail only)
- Buildings...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wow, I should really check these comments more often. Thanks so much for the support guys! Makes it all worthwhile. This track has been a labour of love for the last few months. hope you all enjoy the new version (0.6). Look forward to hearing your feedback. Don't forget to rate/comment and if you feel so obliged there is a donate link on the official assettocorsa.net forum post (Tracks modding).

Cheers,
Nick

Nick Rainbird updated Baskerville Raceway with a new update entry:

Baskerville Raceway v0.8

Baskerville Raceway by Nick Rainbird
Project started on 27/08/2014

v0.8 Beta Release (22/06/2015)
- Complete graphical overhaul
- New road textures
- New skidmark textures
- New grass textures
- New sand textures
- New terrain textures
- Horizon scenery
- Refined shaders to improve visuals during all times of day
- New 3D grass
- Mesh improvements
- More efficient texture usage (less texture memory, better performance)
- Many duplicated vertices welded (optimisation)
- New TV...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great track! Thank you so much for your time and dedication.
But I have a little problem. On my race race against AI everything went... well enough... but now, they just can't handle that left bend over the crest... Tried lowering AI strenght, raising it... changing the temperature of the track... nothing I do to make those guys stay on track anymore...

thanks again!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back