1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Basic setup guide for Race series

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Keith Barrick, Dec 28, 2009.

1. This is a basic setup guide I put together for those looking to keep car setup simple.

Ive used followed this for years and hasnt steered me wrong.

Hope this helps anyone struggling with car setup :)

[​IMG]

Keith

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks Keith - more useful stuff for the databank :D

3. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Thanks Keith. This will no doubt prove usefull :D

4. cheers, this will help the newer (and some older) members and drivers to get it going on....

5. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Thanks Keith, I have used similar guidelines.

My only query, with diff settings, I find opposite reactions depending on whether I am driving a FWD vs RWD car???

6. Warren ive found with RWD, the reaction ends up depending on how your drive with those settings.

But this guide is more geared towards FWD in that aspect. But the rest can be applied to near all cars.

Keith

7. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Great one Keith. it's even simple enough for me, even me!

:)

8. Thank you Keith, will be putting this to the test very soon :) Nice someone managed to condense a setup manual into a single page!

9. thnx keith,

I think I'm gonna be using this page very often...

10. very useful ... tnx Keith

11. No problem guys, just been on my list of things to do, and had the motivation...I am really glad to help when I can. I wish you all the best of luck in future races.

12. From my experience, this is how the diff settings affect the cars in ISI games.

FWD:

More power = more diff lock under throttle which gives a bit more understeer
    More coast = more diff lock while braking which also gives a bit more understeer
    More preload = more understeer while maintaining speed. Doesn't seem to affect things that much though unlike the other 2.

RWD:

More power = more diff lock under throttle which gives a bit more oversteer
    More coast = more diff lock while braking which also gives a bit more understeer up to a point. If you lock up at the rear it will lock both with ease and you'll spin.
    More preload = more oversteer while maintaining speed. Doesn't seem to affect things that much though unlike the other 2.

Also, nice guide Keith, should help some people out who aren't sure what to change :)

13. Cheers James, I will add this and differentiate FWD and RWD. I tested a bit with this and you are correct.

Lovely community we have here, people helping people :)

Keith

14. Top post updated with the help of James Yates on Power/Coast :D

15. Very nicely done Keith and James!

16. Awesome!

Thanks

17. Many thanks!

Wonderful guide, I´ve been using it since last week and seen nice handling improvements. Short, simple and straight to the point. I´ve been using other set up guides and went almost crazy many times trying to setup the car properly following endless steps.

Thanks!

18. Jon Turner

Jon Turner
    Premium Member

thanks for this guys, hopefully now i can make the step from semi to pro i only needed a fine tweaking to try and stop my backend breaking loose :)

19. I'd also recommend getting the MOTEC Add software, It's really helped me with camber and tyre pressures after changes to things like wings and roll bars. My lap time have come tumbling. Although I do find that you'll nearly always end up with an asymetric set up specific to the track that you're running.

20. If you put done the throttle it brakes out?