PC1 Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been on the pcars forum for weeks and thought I would have a look for something to read when I logged in, it says user banned, no reason specified, ban lifted Never. Well **** you and your arcade buggy mess of a game!!! Cheers

"Hi ONT,
jimortality's account was hacked and used for spamming. That's why we banned it.
I lifted the ban now. Please tell him that he shall change his password for his account here and for his Email adress immediately.
I will PM him too."

Cheers bro and welcome back :)

Explains why you couldn't see any of his posts too...

I can't do anything but not bothered as the game has got steadily worse with each patch plus I reported a bug in the correct manner and didn't even get acknowledged. I'm back playing the best sim now with knowledgeable people where developers don't have to pander to the console kids.
I think your just upset and wanting to kick something understandable I get the same way. So I'll respect your space.

• Deleted member 113561

That's good. Now you can read up about and then come back to a real proper sim.
He is already playing a real proper Sim: Project Cars.

Unfortunately Neuer I have given up on pcars. With every patch released, it didn't enhance my experience especially ffb. I started with no bugs but developed bugs with every new patch. That doesn't seem right to me. I played it for 5 months so
so I have given it time.
I didnt see any bigger bugs introduced with patch 5.0 - further imo the patches are all pretty big, even sometimes with big new features. Theyre still tweaking it and taking care of it. Upcoming Patch 6.0 will fix camber bug and improve tire heating etc. - FFB is mainly a question of settings
Last but not least, patch 6 includes some recalibration of tire heating models. Some folks in a G40 league here found an issue where a slight increase in pressure could cause an extreme amount of overheating in the tires. We tracked it down to a fix in a change in how the carcass generates heat at low inflation pressure, but this sent us down a rabbit hole of checking that no cars had completely broken tires with the change. Things are much better with the fix in place. Temperature balance front to rear looks more correct on most cars and it removes something of an exploit that was possible in car setup. You’ll need to take more care with setting tire pressures now and can expect a larger response from those changes.

With the fix, tires heat faster, more predictably, and will really punish you for poor driving and setup in a way they didn't before. A lot of tires could move to more standardized values without needing lots of extra calibration just to get the right front to rear temperature balance. Before, if rear tires started at a lower pressure, they could run up against a limit near ideal pressure and lose heat; ending up cooler than the front even if the handling balance was strongly biased to oversteer. Now they get nice, consistent heating and show a reasonably higher carcass temp than non-driven fronts, which then filters through to hotter tread. Generally the temps are feeling more representative of handling balance now. Cool stuff.

While in there recalibrating the heat, I merged in some ideas we've been playing with for pCARS 2. Biggest of those is that most slick tires (those based on our SLICK_GT3 template) now have a larger temperature range for the rubber of 0-200°C. This fits in with stuff we've learned from rallycross where tires under extreme stress creep up to 180C or more. This has a pretty cool result of accentuating the camber effects of a tire so the inside edge reads significantly hotter as it should. Implies that our the old cap around 150-165C was limiting heat gain on the inside edge but not the outside. Also does a very good job at punishing the driver for abusive technique.

Some tire sets also had slight wear rate recalibration to fit with changes brought on by the new heat model. Anything that did change stayed at the same starting grip as before, but some will wear faster now and with a stronger grip loss effect. Prototype work on the upcoming V8 Supercar helped to hone in the right reference point for grip loss on a heavily worn tire. Generally the cost is about 2s over a 2min lap at the end of a run. Go longer than that and you're likely to find yourself driving it off the performance cliff and losing heaps of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that AC has Ford GT40 & Audi R8's, I'm beginning to spend more and more time in that again. pCARS just doesn't seem to have the same appeal as it used to now. The only thing I'm worried about is that Kunos will pander to the console guys with the upcoming console release of AC...
Don't think AC will pander to console guys much, the last update was a massive improvement on tire model, go try out the RUF Yellowbird and see what I mean, it's an epic workout now rather than an exersice in frustration :p

To everyone else:
http://ravsim.com/2015/10/23/my-sim-is-bigger-than-your-sim/

Unfortunately Neuer I have given up on pcars. With every patch released, it didn't enhance my experience especially ffb. I started with no bugs but developed bugs with every new patch. That doesn't seem right to me. I played it for 5 months so
so I have given it time.

Unfortunately I'm beginning to feel the same. There's no doubt in my mind that pCARS is a lot of fun, but I am also looking for that authentic driving experience. I think that's where AC comes in IMHO.

Don't think AC will pander to console guys much, the last update was a massive improvement on tire model, go try out the RUF Yellowbird and see what I mean, it's an epic workout now rather than an exersice in frustration :p

To everyone else:
http://ravsim.com/2015/10/23/my-sim-is-bigger-than-your-sim/

But how long will it stay like that? I can just imagine it now, all the console guys will bitch and whine that they can't do it and they will either shoot it down or demand changes to make it more accessible.

Unfortunately I'm beginning to feel the same. There's no doubt in my mind that pCARS is a lot of fun, but I am also looking for that authentic driving experience. I think that's where AC comes in IMHO.

But how long will it stay like that? I can just imagine it now, all the console guys will bitch and whine that they can't do it and they will either shoot it down or demand changes to make it more accessible.
Although I don't play AC, I do worry that moving across to console with it will leave kunos spread pretty thinly. I'm not having a go at console gamers because I used to be one but I wish companies would just stick to pc platform for serious racing. Obviously money will be made but at what cost to the game. AC is not finished yet they're moving over soon. Is anyone else concerned at all?

Bringing a title to console does not necessarily mean pandering to the lowest denomination.

Dark Souls come to mind... about as f..n hard core as it gets :)

DarkSouls2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years