Banned from AC forums, anyone have experienced this?

< Mod Edit: Please be advised that it is in breach of RD ToS to use insulting or derogatory terms. Post cleaned.>

Hello all, i'm banned from AC forum for more than one month now. As an active member since the beggining and with more than 1000 messages i feel shocked with that kind of attitude from them. <snip>

Has this happened to anyone? I agree maybe that they should permanently ban you if you were kind of disrespectful or insult anyone, which was not the case. I got banned until now just because people were asking on forum for MP improvements (more than acceptable) and all i've done was quote a message <snip> and used a funny ironic image related to what he was saying THAT WAS CLEARLY A LIE!! From that moment on, as it was admitted by Lord Kunos himself, he went on a ban strike and several people were banned... until now.

Well, maybe i would accept a week suspension because now i know AC forums staff can't accept critics anymore (they're rich now) and became a dictatorial regime that can only be populated by fanboys or "yes" sheeps...

The image was this...

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The AC forum doesn't record/keep your Steam logon credentials. Many services these days use other services like Steam, Facebook, Twitter, and many others to validate those logging in to their service. Its just a web service call to these services, they pass the encrypted credentials to these services which return a message that indicates a success or unsuccessful validation. We do the same web service calls with my companies' custom software.

I got permanently banned for questioning the purpose of must have assetto corsa validated to view any post on forum. Some people view official forum before buying the game, read opinions about the game and bugs. They hide every discussion in forum from the people that don't have the game. I think that the devs greed is so high, they want to clear any possibility of someone not buying the game because of critism. Fortunately steam has a freedom of speech review possibility.

I got permanently banned for questioning the purpose of must have assetto corsa validated to view any post on forum. Some people view official forum before buying the game, read opinions about the game and bugs. They hide every discussion in forum from the people that don't have the game. I think that the devs greed is so high, they want to clear any possibility of someone not buying the game because of critism. Fortunately steam has a freedom of speech review possibility.
You really think that a new possible customer checking AC forum is worse than checking steam forums/reviews? I think seeing first AC forum could be a benefit. But maybe they don't do it so they don't give support (by reading) to people who play the pirated version. Though in a sense it could also be a benefit for people who are testing the game but face issues, though I've seen a few use steam for that.

I got banned from commenting on their facebook because I kept asking when the new content would fix the multiplayer and shoddy physics. Buthurt much Kunos? :p
Don't think so, because the support forum is the place for that and not a facebook post where the subject is something else. But again, there's also a possibility you'll be banned from support forum if you use arguments like "shoddy physics". Unless you are capable of just reporting what you have to report, in a normal way without either being obsessive, provocative, or with a flaming attitude.

Wow, well looks like I've been jumped on by the Assetto Corsa SuperFans (well, a SuperFan) over at the AC forums simply for asking a question.

Wow. What an utterly disgusting environment. So glad a place such as RD exists where rational thought actually prevails (the vast majority of the time :p).

Just read the thread; a guy telling you that your thread is in the wrong section is that offensive to you??!! How do you keep from bleeding to death with skin that thin?
Really thick blood ;)

In all seriousness though, I asked a legit question and was met with "LOL", implying I was stupid to even ask. Which to me is pretty childish. And it wasn't in the wrong section either as it was just a question, not a suggestion. It's a chit chat section in a forum that was designed originally for bug reports, where else do you ask?

But anyway, it's not bothering me anymore. Got more important things to deal with here on RD.

Last edited:
Steam <> Game ownership which links to Paypal/Credit Card or other payment method and they then know who you are + whatever other potentially personal info that's really nobody's business on a forum like that unless the individual chooses to divulge.

None of that is true. That's not how the steam handshake works - they get none of the information you mentioned.

All I asked was if Parc Fermé rules were something that is in the pipeline, and if not, is it something that could be done with a server plugin.
Don't go by the responses of some as final. Developers not always add what the majority thinks if isn't good for the game, or due to a vocal minority, or by no responses. My guess is they add things they can actually have time for it, if they also like it, software allows it, and or see it good/necessity for the players.
I don't think those responses are because they are fanboys or have blind attitudes, is because maybe they are too impulsive on what they think is beneficial or not for the game, or for not analyzing the ideas of others, or for thinking the game has more important things to work on first before adding what they see as "details" or futile.

Imo, Parc Fermé rules can add more depth to a racing sim. In a way is something that possibly already exists in the game. The fully or partially fixed car setups. But to really be Parc Fermé, it would need to first let the drivers set themselves the setup while on the server, in practice or qualifying, and then lock those changes so they need to bring the same setup for the Race session after they started doing qualification laps. Or if the host has to set it before the server creation, the fixed setups should be per driver and not just globally, for the parc fermé to work; but better would be for each driver to do it while on the server, and then the game locks it: https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/Parc_Ferme.html Correct me if I interpreted wrongly what parc fermé is in this situation.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%