Banned from AC forums, anyone have experienced this?

< Mod Edit: Please be advised that it is in breach of RD ToS to use insulting or derogatory terms. Post cleaned.>

Hello all, i'm banned from AC forum for more than one month now. As an active member since the beggining and with more than 1000 messages i feel shocked with that kind of attitude from them. <snip>

Has this happened to anyone? I agree maybe that they should permanently ban you if you were kind of disrespectful or insult anyone, which was not the case. I got banned until now just because people were asking on forum for MP improvements (more than acceptable) and all i've done was quote a message <snip> and used a funny ironic image related to what he was saying THAT WAS CLEARLY A LIE!! From that moment on, as it was admitted by Lord Kunos himself, he went on a ban strike and several people were banned... until now.

Well, maybe i would accept a week suspension because now i know AC forums staff can't accept critics anymore (they're rich now) and became a dictatorial regime that can only be populated by fanboys or "yes" sheeps...

The image was this...

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like TESCO banning customers because too many of them are buying bread from the same shop when they would rather them buy from other shops because that one is running out. In other words, a pathetic excuse that will upset certain customers..

It's more like TESCO banning a customer because he repeatedly walked in and called them incompetent a-holes for not having enough bread. Then he cries to the internet that he was banned for criticizing the bread supply when in reality he was banned for being rude and disruptive and it had nothing to do with criticizing the bread supply. In other words, pathetic and childish behavior from the customer who then wants to act like a victim.

I haven't actually been informed why I was banned. No email sent explaining, just banned.

I'am guessing it's because of the incompetent comment on xbox save issues or the save issues To which I've been going on about for months.

To which I would reply, I bought your product on day 1 with all the dlc, I'm on A/C practically every other night online, but as I keep saying it has some pretty major save issues from day 1, that keep getting repeated with every update that mends something and breaks something. Then there's the private lobby system that puts you in a server with huge ping values that makes the game unplayable, so you have to set a new one up and hope for the best.
So the last update had 3 main features to it, new track great works fine, private lobby brilliant when you manage to get a low ping server and unplayable with a high ping server but we can't choose our servers. championship mode, well that's just broken when you can't save anything.
Also as a customer I had to purchase this software which I have stated above hasn't worked correctly from day 1, it's now 11 months on plus and we haven't had many updates to fix these issues either.

So if it's the incompetent word I used I apologise if it caused upset to the team to value a ban, if it's because of the repeated posts in multiple threads then surly looking at the above problems I'm entitled to be a little fed up with the progress being made in fixing some of the major save bugs.

It's more like TESCO banning a customer because he repeatedly walked in and called them incompetent a-holes for not having enough bread.

almost there... I doubt a random TESCO guy working in there would care if you insult TESCO.
It's more like entering into a family restaurant and calling people incompetent every single day because you ate a pizza there 1 year ago and you didn't like it.
Do it once.. it's your right.. but once you show up every day you can be sure I'll gently show you the door.

Your still not answering the questions on save issues on Xbox.

I don't have to answer any question. The software is as good as we can.. is that good for you? Fine.. not good? fine anyway go play something else cause this is it, sorry we did not meet your expectations we'll try to do better next time.
Currently my colleagues' position is that you need to come out of the sim to trigger a save and that info has been put out many times and they can't reproduce any other problem.
But, as I've said.. this is not AC support forum, is a thread on a public forum where people are complaining about being banned and it turns out that most think the bans were plenty justified... so do no expect any other reply from me... surely I did not ban you to come here and talk to you didn't I?

It's more like TESCO banning a customer because he repeatedly walked in and called them incompetent a-holes for not having enough bread. Then he cries to the internet that he was banned for criticizing the bread supply when in reality he was banned for being rude and disruptive and it had nothing to do with criticizing the bread supply. In other words, pathetic and childish behavior from the customer who then wants to act like a victim.

If you say so. But banning customers for repeating bug requests on the wrong thread is hardly a proper reason which you seem to have ignored. I agree if it's purely about what you say it is, but I doubt that is the case. But hey, you are the man.:thumbsup:

That's the info we got back of 505 as well. So we sent them a video and pictures of it happening 100% of the time. Also there's not 1 person on your forum on Xbox who can save championships. They said there going to investigate further. But by what your saying that's it then. Here's your software it works in the office but not out the offiice so that's ok.

which doesn't happen.. so the rest of your post is a totally useless rant based on, literally, nothing but your imagination. You are welcome to link threads with people banned because they "pointed out genuine performance and gameplay issues".
People are usually banned when they indulge in obsessive behaviors (ie. repeating the same thing in every thread but the right one ie. a bug report thread, multiple times) and when they start to be offensive repeatedly.

Thank you for your reply. However, as I stated before you like to blame the customer for repeated complaints but fail to balance this with the fact that the lack of any official response from you as developers escalates the situation. No communication is probably one of the most difficult behaviours to deal with in any relationship be it personal or professional. You are an educated man I am sure you understand this reasoning.

Lack of response creates the frustration. Bug report threads that are ignored and from time to time mysteriously disappear for example create the frustration in your user base. Responses from 505 games such as 'we've passed your report to the developers' with no idea if that is true and never any confirmation of follow up action. That is what the rest of my post was about, I suggested a few things you could do. I've tried to reason with you before though and got ha ha ha's so I'm under no illusion that things will change.

Rather than silence the critics acknowledge and then work on the fixes (by which I mean in the next patch for console I know you can't fix as with Steam), this problem goes away. You may see us as the issue but we are the ones still playing your game and still bothered enough to give you feedback. If you saw those of us on console in the same positive light as those who report issues on PC these problems would have gone away long ago.

You are an educated man I am sure you understand this reasoning.

Lack of response creates the frustration.

I agree.. and I've agreed things could be better already many times.. and getting better at this is something that we'll try to do.
Meanwhile, having individuals logging in only to insult day in and day out is not really something I am willing to put up with... sorry, it's very very simple.
So once and for all.. they were not banned for reporting bug... twisting facts in order to make your narrative more likely isn't really a very smart way to approach a conversation.

I really don't understand what's so difficult here for you to understand in this story. You have the guys happily admitting of insulting us repeatedly.. and yet, you keep going with this fantasy story that they were banned for reporting bugs?

I really don't understand why you said the following then? You said it, not me. Did you not? It's not rocket science Lord Kunos.
"kunos said:
People are usually banned when they indulge in obsessive behaviors (ie. repeating the same thing in every thread but the right one ie. a bug report thread, multiple times)"

So that says to me you banned customers for reporting bug constantly in the wrong threads.

"kunos said:
People are usually banned when they indulge in obsessive behaviors (ie. repeating the same thing in every thread but the right one ie. a bug report thread, multiple times)"

sorry for not clarifying enough.. obsessive behavior = insulting us, as they've openly admitted.

I am sure you are smart enough to understand the difference of reporting a bug and dropping one liners day in and day out.. and if you are not, fine.. you are welcome to start your own game company, open your own forum and let people abuse your staff as they please.

sorry for not clarifying enough.. obsessive behavior = insulting us, as they've openly admitted.(ie. repeating the same thing in every thread but the right one ie. a bug report thread, multiple times)"

You clarified it enough by stating that you banned customers for not putting bug reports in the correct place.
eg: (ie. repeating the same thing in every thread but the right one ie. a bug report thread, multiple times)"

Last edited:
You clarified it enough by stating that you banned customers for not putting bug reports in the correct place.
eg: (ie. repeating the same thing in every thread but the right one ie. a bug report thread, multiple times)"

well at this point I think it's clear you have absolutely no intention to engage in a conversation so yeah.. I am a ****ing asshole and I banned them cause they posted too many times and that pisses me off... there you go, you can have it as you wanted it.
Meanwhile, people that are really interested in this can go on the forum and check how things played out for real.

I don't know anybody who can save a championship on Xbox, no one I race with can do it. It happens 100% of the time and strangely you can't reproduce it.
Have you actually tried it on a shop bought xbox, e.g. Not a Dev one.
I always back out the game correctly before going to dashboard.
I'm not that bothered about being banned, but I would like the save issues sorted.

sorry for not clarifying enough.. obsessive behavior = insulting us, as they've openly admitted.

I am sure you are smart enough to understand the difference of reporting a bug and dropping one liners day in and day out.. and if you are not, fine.. you are welcome to start your own game company, open your own forum and let people abuse your staff as they please.

I've apologised on this forum to any offence the incompetent comment about xbox save issues has caused.
I'm really only interested about the save issues on Xbox, and that's because I enjoy racing on your game, and want it to be the best it can be especially online.
I will carry on reporting issues through the 505 channel.

well at this point I think it's clear you have absolutely no intention to engage in a conversation so yeah.. I am a ****ing asshole and I banned them cause they posted too many times and that pisses me off... there you go, you can have it as you wanted it.
:geek:
I think you can stop digging a hole for yourself now. I was just clarifying with you what you stated. I fully understand that those customers who insult you and your team deserve to be banned and I have never stated otherwise. I would do the same to be honest. But those who have placed complaints/request/bug requests in the wrong threads should not be banned just for doing that. And you shouldn't be doing it because it's bad for business.
ppbucko above has apologised to you, so perhaps you could reinstate his forum membership in order to satisfy his customer request? He's just a desperate gamer looking to get his game working as advertised. He just wants help.

Oh and I really don't want to start a games company or a forum thanks. Got my hands full at the moment. But I will say my wife abuses my staff all the time. ;):thumbsup:

I agree.. and I've agreed things could be better already many times.. and getting better at this is something that we'll try to do.
Meanwhile, having individuals logging in only to insult day in and day out is not really something I am willing to put up with... sorry, it's very very simple.
So once and for all.. they were not banned for reporting bug... twisting facts in order to make your narrative more likely isn't really a very smart way to approach a conversation.

Ok good on the first point we agree, I look forward to the improved customer support for genuine issues. I spent time taking Xbox One video footage and sending it to 505 games support of the championship save bug your developers seem unable to recreate (yet of all the players I know on Xbox not one of us can save a custom championship). I also keep the videos of the issues on YouTube unlisted to avoid creating more of a drama out of them - I'm hoping you will fix the issues not looking to embarrass you or your team. The fact remains I have no idea if the bug has been acknowledged, is being worked on or not or if anyone even cares. To use your restaurant analogy it's like the customer services manager just blankly stared back at me, refused to answer and pointed me at a third party website where I could raise my issue and pass it on to the man stood right in front of me....

On the daily insults, I agree, I can see why people like Ed Sheeran left Twitter - to read such nonsense every day must be depressing. There is a price that comes with public fame / notoriety though and there will always be harsh and unfair critics.

I'm genuinely not attempting to twist the narrative. I do believe the lack of response from your team with regard to bug reporting is the other half of this communication issue. Having been ignored with bug reports forum users up the ante in their comments to get a response - it isn't the right thing to do but it is part of human nature, contempt often gets an energetic reposnse as it does with you and your team. It's easy to blame the last part of the communication for the breakdown or ban in this case. I think a fairer perspective is to look at the lead up to that moment rather than the one final incident. I wonder what could have been done to de-escalate the situation sooner?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.7%