Banned from AC forums, anyone have experienced this?

< Mod Edit: Please be advised that it is in breach of RD ToS to use insulting or derogatory terms. Post cleaned.>

Hello all, i'm banned from AC forum for more than one month now. As an active member since the beggining and with more than 1000 messages i feel shocked with that kind of attitude from them. <snip>

Has this happened to anyone? I agree maybe that they should permanently ban you if you were kind of disrespectful or insult anyone, which was not the case. I got banned until now just because people were asking on forum for MP improvements (more than acceptable) and all i've done was quote a message <snip> and used a funny ironic image related to what he was saying THAT WAS CLEARLY A LIE!! From that moment on, as it was admitted by Lord Kunos himself, he went on a ban strike and several people were banned... until now.

Well, maybe i would accept a week suspension because now i know AC forums staff can't accept critics anymore (they're rich now) and became a dictatorial regime that can only be populated by fanboys or "yes" sheeps...

The image was this...

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok an update here about my ban.

As the forum support seemed unwilling to answer my questions I contacted 505 support who are always very helpful. They looked into it for me and someone from the forum told them I was banned under rule 5:

5. Flaming, trolling, harrassing, flamebaiting, disinformation, false news
This is strictly forbidden. Users that exhibit an inappropriate behavior (stalking, harassing, intentions to provoke emotional responses and so on) will be warned and, in case of recurrence, banned. This also applies to discussions about false news and disinformation.

So apparently I have been doing these things, I have never been warned so I am not sure how this ban came into force.

I asked the helpful support guy at 505 to ask someone from the forum to contact me but they haven't.

So it seems that they think it is ok to ban members without any warning or giving them any information about why they may have been banned.

I guess the guy that banned me has also been posting here, maybe he can explain things?

They can ban whoever they want whenever they want without any reason or explanation. It's a private own forum and only rules are the rules Kunos makes.
Sucks for you but that's how it is.

Ok an update here about my ban.

As the forum support seemed unwilling to answer my questions I contacted 505 support who are always very helpful. They looked into it for me and someone from the forum told them I was banned under rule 5:

So apparently I have been doing these things, I have never been warned so I am not sure how this ban came into force.

I asked the helpful support guy at 505 to ask someone from the forum to contact me but they haven't.

So it seems that they think it is ok to ban members without any warning or giving them any information about why they may have been banned.

I guess the guy that banned me has also been posting here, maybe he can explain things?
I honestly don't know what kind of explanation you expect from them. You insulted their profession in what is basically their home. You came here looking for some kind of justice, which btw you won't get because i can safely say that most of us would have reacted the same way to your message as kunos did. Then you went to 505, which can't help you since you got banned on kunos forum. The only thing we can tell you is: think twice the next time you post something offensive on a forum.

I honestly don't know what kind of explanation you expect from them. You insulted their profession in what is basically their home. You came here looking for some kind of justice, which btw you won't get because i can safely say that most of us would have reacted the same way to your message as kunos did. Then you went to 505, which can't help you since you got banned on kunos forum. The only thing we can tell you is: think twice the next time you post something offensive on a forum.

I wasn't looking for justice, I was looking for perspective and as always it is good to hear from people like you to give me that.

I wonder what you think about the rule that I posted though, where someone should be warned before being banned? Do you think they just mis-worded it?

Also I work in that profession and I am quite happy to talk to people that work under me as being incompetent, and after a while those people get pushed out or aside or they sort things out.

I can understand how the original Guys involved with this software see things, it's their baby, something they have had close to their hearts for many years, something they have fought for and spent a large portion of their life working on, it's not a 9-5 job for them it is their life.

Still though, if that dream is undermined by incompetence outside of their immediate control then maybe a good way of looking at it is how it is realistically affecting them rather than sticking their heads in a hole.

They can ban whoever they want whenever they want without any reason or explanation. It's a private own forum and only rules are the rules Kunos makes.
Sucks for you but that's how it is.

Yep that is how I'm seeing it, it is their world they can define the rules.

I always think it is good to explain to people exactly what they have done wrong though, and then warn them of the consequences, otherwise how would they (or I in this particular case) understand what they have done wrong, apart from the wise words of the posters on this forum which some may take as slightly offset.

I wasn't looking for justice, I was looking for perspective and as always it is good to hear from people like you to give me that.

I wonder what you think about the rule that I posted though, where someone should be warned before being banned? Do you think they just mis-worded it?

Also I work in that profession and I am quite happy to talk to people that work under me as being incompetent, and after a while those people get pushed out or aside or they sort things out.

I can understand how the original Guys involved with this software see things, it's their baby, something they have had close to their hearts for many years, something they have fought for and spent a large portion of their life working on, it's not a 9-5 job for them it is their life.

Still though, if that dream is undermined by incompetence outside of their immediate control then maybe a good way of looking at it is how it is realistically affecting them rather than sticking their heads in a hole.

Surely you can understand that telling someone they're incompetent, even if you aren't meaning to be offensive, is always going to come across as an insult though. It's not the point you were trying to make that got you banned, it was your choice of wording.

Bans for being outright rude and swearing etc I can understand, it's their forum they can do as they wish - though calling it the official support forum is questionable in that case especially for console users.

My concern is the way they ban people who point out genuine performance and gameplay issues. This is a silencing of critics and an unwillingness to accept the ongoing issues with the game. The way they deal with console customers is very different to PC users. On the PC I see Assetto Corsa as handling genius (I know others disagree but for me it is the closest to real track feel) and a real work of art especially in VR. The console version remains deeply flawed with fundamental gameplay issues. Kunos's silence when real problems are encountered is a cause of frustration. Unlike the PC version where issues are often noted by the devs within hours (and rectified quickly but we know the limitations of the console process there) the console devs go missing after each update, issues are rarely formally acknowledged (PS4 DoR issue being the only one I can remember being acknowledged). The silence causes frustration and the result is as we've seen it, frustrated customers wondering what is going on and the comments escalate.

The devs might not like the stinging criticism that has resulted from a poorly ported console game but surely that comes with every form of public media for profit these days and often the words are less polite than incompetence. Thicker skin may well be required. I get the feeling Kunos would prefer to choose their customers which is at odds with releasing to the masses on console.

What I think would help the situation would be:

- Kunos devs acknowledge the issues with the console game as they occur and are reported as they do on PC. Issues like the ongoing inability to save setups (yes it's still there), custom championships not saving and the variable ping rates in custom servers are all widely reported. Stop using silence as the default response. Banning the people reporting the issues makes Kunos look like a shady outfit, regardless of the intent.

- Reporting issues to 505 games support is a waste of everyone's time. The 505 support team mean well but the support advice is often meaningless. It is unclear if the reported issues ever reach the developers due to the silence. 505 games is now a publisher I actively avoid as the quality of the games being released is questionable.

- An open list of issues being worked on for the next patch/update, this will allow players to know that a fix is being worked on.

Personally, I don't think any of this is too much to ask for in 2017 where communication is almost instant and cheap if not free. Kunos released the console version of the game in an unfinished state and even today it is just about passable. As a result a lot more communication on updates and progress is needed.

My opinion of the console game remains unchanged, it should have been released as a Preview title (Early Access in Xbox terms) as the intention was to develop the game over time. If there is a next AC console title many lessons need to have been learnt. I'd prefer Kunos stayed on PC only but with Digital Bros ambitious growth plans I can't see that happening.

So your attitude at work is to treat people as objects and offend them? I wouldn't like a colleague like you. If you are so good at your work, then it should be easy to teach to the others how to do it (I'm talking about people who work in the same area as you).

You know is very easy to tell Kunos that this little feature doesn't work after they've had the big job of creating this game and simulation. Calling people or a company incompetent for doing one or more small things wrongly isn't correct. What is correct is to give feedback about the wrong things and what is incorrect is to release your frustration on people through mean words.

Maybe incompetent is the wrong word or a little strong or insulting. But when you have 11 months from day of release on Xbox data save issues on career, setups and now championships then what can you say. 6 months to be able to save a setup, 9 months to be able to delete a setup or overwrite one, it's still not quite working write. Then they release championships for which we waited months for and you can't save your progress or even the championship which you setup, then no official feedback in there own bugs section on forum to when it's going to be fixed.

Then we get banned for saying the console port team is incompetent when it comes to Xbox save issues. What are we supposed to say, great job keep up the good work.

My concern is the way they ban people who point out genuine performance and gameplay issues. This is a silencing of critics and an unwillingness to accept the ongoing issues with the game.

which doesn't happen.. so the rest of your post is a totally useless rant based on, literally, nothing but your imagination. You are welcome to link threads with people banned because they "pointed out genuine performance and gameplay issues".
People are usually banned when they indulge in obsessive behaviors (ie. repeating the same thing in every thread but the right one ie. a bug report thread, multiple times) and when they start to be offensive repeatedly.

Last edited:
People are usually banned when they indulge in obsessive behaviors (ie. repeating the same thing in every thread but the right one ie. a bug report thread, multiple times)

I think in this world of natural disasters, crime,poverty, war and disease, repeating the same thing many times on the wrong thread can hardly be reason for a ban in the great scheme of things. A poor excuse. But if it makes you feel better and/or powerful waving the the magic ban wand around, well it's your forum. Personally I'd be wary of that behaviour because after all, they are your customers. And today's disgruntled customers become tomorrows detractors.
It would be different if you were a 3rd party forum or a fan forum, but you are the makers of the product. It's like TESCO banning customers because too many of them are buying bread from the same shop when they would rather them buy from other shops because that one is running out. In other words, a pathetic excuse that will upset certain customers..

Last edited:
Look at bug thread, championship not saving xbox posted first day of update, 2 weeks on nobody has confirmed the issue even exists, I even filled the bug form in on forum and posted also no feedback.
Since I've been banned I've been going through 505 help direct of there website, I've explained what's happening, sent pics and had feedback on situation as has a few of my mates. Very polite apologetic service, which has promised to come back with a update. I even explained to them I couldn't post on forum bugs section anymore because I've been banned for using the word incompetent when it comes to xbox save issues.

Nope. That doesn't help in the slightest. If you don't get what I was saying, well that's your problem. I'm not too bothered to be honest. The silly picture of Mr Spock amuses me though.;) Is "wut" a Vulkan word for "I love you"? :inlove:

Look at bug thread, championship not saving xbox posted first day of update, 2 weeks on nobody has confirmed the issue even exists, I even filled the bug form in on forum and posted also no feedback.

can the support be better? yes!
can the software be better? surely can!
do we ban people that "report issues"? nope

you and your pal have not been banned because you reported issues.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.7%