Banned from AC forums, anyone have experienced this?

< Mod Edit: Please be advised that it is in breach of RD ToS to use insulting or derogatory terms. Post cleaned.>

Hello all, i'm banned from AC forum for more than one month now. As an active member since the beggining and with more than 1000 messages i feel shocked with that kind of attitude from them. <snip>

Has this happened to anyone? I agree maybe that they should permanently ban you if you were kind of disrespectful or insult anyone, which was not the case. I got banned until now just because people were asking on forum for MP improvements (more than acceptable) and all i've done was quote a message <snip> and used a funny ironic image related to what he was saying THAT WAS CLEARLY A LIE!! From that moment on, as it was admitted by Lord Kunos himself, he went on a ban strike and several people were banned... until now.

Well, maybe i would accept a week suspension because now i know AC forums staff can't accept critics anymore (they're rich now) and became a dictatorial regime that can only be populated by fanboys or "yes" sheeps...

The image was this...

Ray Liotta Laughing In Goodfellas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a support forum, they've said many times, they allow general discussion, but it's not a platform for you to give them constant grief, endlessly, without cease, unremittingly... which you did.

I love these kinds of threads though.
"Wah I got banned for being a douche on someone's forum, so I'll go cry about it on someone else's forum".
Grown up responses are ace! :)

LOOOOL, really Poet??? I'm wondering why you didn't get banned too as you're one of the worst persons around AC forums, most of time being arrogant with everybody and talking from the top of the horse like now! Maybe you're part of the staff too! And i already explained why i got banned, seems like you didn't understand, i can make you a draw if you want...

I am a terrible person, I'll agree with that. :)

However I don't spend half my spare time urinating on a games forum and having a big old tantrum when I'm told to stop.
You deliberately mocked the Devs and are now crying that they kicked you for mocking them.
You'd get the same treatment round my house, round anyone's...
Just because you bought a game, doesn't give you any rights to be a manmember to all and sundry.

My spidey-senses are tingling, Rui.
Just a warning in advance as I can see this thread could very easily and rapidly go down hill, so please keep the discussion within the forum rules.

Not really a fan of whipping out my padlock but I will do it if this thread turns into an excrement-throwing contest.

Its group of kids. I was banned too. I didnt say superlatives after one of these big patch and they banned me. I love AC, but developers are ignorants, nothing more, they dont like constructive critic. Sry for my english. Peace!

I never said i wouldn't deserve eventually a suspension, aswell as others here, but permanent ban for less positive feedback? I think it's too much... That's what we're criticizing! People are just forgetting, devs included, the time i lost talking positive things about AC, and now i'm crucified just because i'm a sincere person. I see there are many people here that are happy with AC current state, i was not, but at least i noticed it and talked about it, just like i did when things went fine...

Sorry Chris Stacey, not my intention, just watch some others ;)

MOD-Edit: Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. Malicious behavior and bullying will not be tolerated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you really really truly believe that posting that picture to mock the devs, on their forums is "honest" and "sincere"?

You know it wasn't, pleas stop trying to play the innocent, it doesn't wash.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD-Edit: Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. Malicious behavior and bullying will not be tolerated.

Do you really really truly believe that posting that picture to mock the devs, on their forums is "honest" and "sincere"?

You know it wasn't, pleas stop trying to play the innocent, it doesn't wash.

Do you know what the dev (Lord Kunos) wrote and as a consequence i posted that image?

If we ban someone here on RD, it's usually incremental, so 7 days, then 30 days, then 6months... etc. etc. (depending on the infraction of course) but for Kunos, this is what happens when you get programmers to moderate forums.
Yeah i remember when a few of my lecturers were taking about gaming forums as we are training game devs. They said if your game is popular then hire a mod team, considering the stress and effort that goes into coding i can see why. I want to throw many objects out of the window(my cat stays away from me) and thats before i get negative feedback. Some people take feedback well , some dont, when you get verbally slaughtered on a project you have put thousands of hours into it rarely ends well.

I agree with Chris. Having the AC devs as moderators is probably not the wisest way to do things. As any criticism will be taken to heart quite easily for them . As opposed to someone with a neutral standpoint. Who could see both sides of an issue brought up. But most of the time its stefano's groupies jumping in to any criticism put towards AC on the forums that start most of the flaming wars. Inciting the bans/getting threads locked . As if they are the ones that have the answers for people raising contructive criticism. When they should just shut their traps and go be a boy scout instead if they want a medal

Last edited:
Its group of kids. I was banned too. I didnt say superlatives after one of these big patch and they banned me. I love AC, but developers are ignorants, nothing more, they dont like constructive critic. Sry for my english. Peace!
Can we see your message(s) that got you banned? Maybe you're making some sarcasm here, but I doubt you get banned simply for not praising or for making a constructive criticism. Can we see that constructive criticism that is linked to your ban?

When they should just shut their traps and go be a boy scout instead if they want a medal
Why you have to say things like these? Can we also see your message(s) that got you banned in the ac forum?

Last edited:
If you eat bad in a restaurant, you need to shut up after you pay and say it was delicious when it wasn't?
No, you complain politely and perhaps even offer a suggestion of how it could be improved, then you leave and don't return until you think the restaurant has improved.
You don't stand up in the middle of the restaurant, have a tantrum then shout at and mock the chef. It's uncomfortable and annoying for other diners who may be quietly enjoying their meal and is down right rude and selfish on your part.

Any regulars to that forum know it wasn't just one or two comments which got you banned. You had been haranguing the devs for several days, repeating that you think MP is crap, in a deliberately impolite and immature manner. The picture you posted in response to a devs post was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was unnecessary and you put it there to mock the devs.

I have no beef with you, we used to agree on a lot of things, but the ban was deserved IMO. Accept responsibility and move on.

Can we see your message(s) that got you banned? Maybe you're making some sarcasm here, but I doubt you get banned simply for not praising or for making a constructive criticism. Can we see that constructive criticism that is linked to your ban?

Why you have to say things like these? Can we also see your message(s) that got you banned in the ac forum?

Yes I would love to show you but have no access on AC forums to them anymore :p.There was nothing to it apart from bringing up the downshift protection. And was rudely told by stefano to learn how to drive :roflmao:. Then got flamed by the followers.and Mr hornbuckle posted a cat picture with its paws over its eyes so I replied with a cat with its tail between its legs just for laughs but it got taken the wrong way unfortunately.it was not pointed at Michael or stefano but some other troll who thought he would put he 2 cents worth in for no reason at all.I must say tho I said to stefano let's have a race:) if he thought I couldn't drive bad move I guess! BTW I can drive to some extent I hold the wr with m3 on nordschlife and the endurance if you exclude a unrealistic time for endurance on the rsr boards for 1st which was 7.30 with m3 which frankly is not possible:cautious:
Cheers

No, you complain politely and perhaps even offer a suggestion of how it could be improved, then you leave and don't return until you think the restaurant has improved.
You don't stand up in the middle of the restaurant, have a tantrum then shout at and mock the chef. It's uncomfortable and annoying for other diners who may be quietly enjoying their meal and is down right rude and selfish on your part.

Any regulars to that forum know it wasn't just one or two comments which got you banned. You had been haranguing the devs for several days, repeating that you think MP is crap, in a deliberately impolite and immature manner. The picture you posted in response to a devs post was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was unnecessary and you put it there to mock the devs.

I have no beef with you, we used to agree on a lot of things, but the ban was deserved IMO. Accept responsibility and move on.

I never said i will stand up in the middle of the restaurant, have a tantrum then shout at and mock the chef. I'm a guy with manners and education, well, maybe not on forums, we all have bad days :p

And i already said that i agree with a suspension, but permanent ban it's too much IMO. People deserve second chances, i will never say anything more about the development of the game, it's up to them. I won't bother anymore, people may take their own conclusions, for me is more than OK. If i don't like it i'll stick to any other simulator out there, and there are plenty of good ones ;)

Cheers!

Yes I would love to show you but have no access on AC forums to them anymore :p.There was nothing to it apart from bringing up the downshift protection. And was rudely told by stefano to learn how to drive :roflmao:. Then got flamed by the followers.and Mr hornbuckle posted a cat picture with its paws over its eyes so I replied with a cat with its tail between its legs just for laughs but it got taken the wrong way unfortunately.it was not pointed at Michael or stefano but some other troll who thought he would put he 2 cents worth in for no reason at all.I must say tho I said to stefano let's have a race:) if he thought I couldn't drive bad move I guess! BTW I can drive to some extent I hold the wr with m3 on nordschlife and the endurance if you exclude a unrealistic time for endurance on the rsr boards for 1st which was 7.30 with m3 which frankly is not possible:cautious:
Cheers
I read some of your messages on the AC forum, you were anything put polite. It doesn't take a lot of work to offer criticism in a way that doesn't offend. I'm not trying to judge but I can see their side also.

Funny how I see some people here defending the Kunos banning wave and stating "usually get banned for reason" etc.. while being the same people who were pissing on SMS for doing the same.

Anyhow, I do agree with some of the disgruntled feelings here, some of the moderators at Kunos have been too trigger happy. But in a way it's a reflection of the community. Just look at how much poison and vile there is in the simracing community. So many trolls, so many people who go to great lengths to deliberately be mean.

So yeah.. we get the environment we create. Karma always catches up at some point.

• Deleted member 197115

"Why I was banned from pCars forum" topic would be outright hilarious.
Good restaurant analogy, I was felling like that other person, "quietly enjoying my meal".
I personally have not seen a single non deserved ban on AC, but hey, I am a developer myself, not a PR. :cautious:

I thought long time about if i should write something about this ban, my ban or any other ban from Kunos forums.
All i have to say is: Be respectfull to Kunos members, to other forum users and think twice before posting something stupid.

We are all humans and even if u can say things in internet, you never say in real live, think...sometimes its better to just say nothing, calm down and eat a banana :D;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%