PC1 Banned for no reason!

Hilarious,

also been banned from nogrip a place I have been a member of for many years

For posting teh above there too!

Seems these guys are very powerful!

Well I didn't know this previously, but the nogrip moderator is not exactly neutral. He works for SMS/WMD. No wonder he's been banning anyone who dares to criticise the pcars game. How bad is that for an independent forum to be controlled by SMS?

As I said before, I fully agree regarding iceracings physics, and actually rf2 ain't much better, I mean it is, but that's one slippery bitch as well, but at least there's no huge cost outlay, and for me at least, that Redbull F1 is quite a beast.

However, regarding pcars, I'm simply curious why they won't finished one sim car....?
Consider that Shift2 wouldn't have required much work to transform it into the best simcade driving model, yet months and months later, all we get is a bunch of pretty cars, none of which drove well by any criteria.

People can still dl the free GTR2 demo from 2006 and get a 600hp Lambo and Ferrari, and even with a 360 gamepad, you'll know what a sim drives like.
I'm not in a posistion to answer that as i don't work for SMS. I have merely just posted here to balance the thread somewhat against alot of lies that have been posted.

I see how much work goes into each weeks builds and just get annoyed by all the bullshit that is going around alot of places. Just be patient guys for gods sake. Also, if any of you are still members then i would advise reading Ben Collins latest thoughts regarding the physics on some cars. Anyone thinking he is just being paid to say what he does should go and read it. He points out various things that are wrong and need drastic changes.

Like i say just be patient and cut them some slack and lets see say in 6 months time where they are in terms of physics etc.

And again not once i have i felt weary of posting what i feel is wrong aslong you post it in a mature and constructive manner. Same goes for many more members. They have something like 15,000 active members so a few members here and other forums kicking off and being inpatient is really small fry. :)

Btw i agree totally with you on iceRacing and rF2. I find iRacers are funny bunch at times. I put a video up of Silverstone from pCARS, it was the first build version of the track, and he came on saying it's not accurate, a bump was an inch too far compared to iRacings and the camber didn't look right, really funny guy, cracked me up. Still a member myself but don't use it anymore.

For the moment, I remain very skeptical.....mainly because Shift1/2 are their track record, and one can make all the excuses for Shift1, but S2U was worse+ I think I recall Ian Bell suggesting that S2U would have the most realistic physics ever or something along those lines.

The thing is Lee....if we accept the physics are in a bad state, what do they expect of those sampling the builds.....it's as plain as day there's no sim there, but if they're genuinely working towards a sim model, what do they really need any of us to say?
As I said, I'd be happy with anything that felt like or outright copied FVA/GSC/GTR Evo physics, and they don't need me, they just need to play those games and experience the realism, FFB and wheel precision and release cars of that standard.

Anyway, this will be a fascinating process, and if along the way a sim model doesn't materialize, RACEDEPARTMENT can act as a refuge camp for the scores of banned nogrippers, LOL.

RACEDEPARTMENT can act as a refuge camp for the scores of banned nogrippers, LOL.

So we can read all the complaining all day, no thank you :)

Lets hope pCARS develops into a sim so we can have some races with it once its done. And when the outcome is Shift 3 it can go directly into the bin and there are still enough other new titles left to play. Nothing to loose :)

Well I am hopeful this thread at the very least has allowed those of us taking a genuine interest in these games a place to air views without being banned.

I had no idea the guy at nogrip was invovled, that does explain why I got banned from there too. That does really strike me as particularly unprofessional and pathetic. But their loss is many others gain. I am sorry for that as nogrip was a very useful portal for us sim racers. If they are going to treat people this badly though and be this unprofessional in their approach I fail to see how they can call themselves credible.

I may have been defamatory, possibly flammable! But I was never vindictive as some have said. Feelings run strong when you invest (very little) in something and it is very far away from where it ought to be. Lessons have been learned by me from this, but I very much doubt they have been from the peopel involved at WMD or nogrip. Simply ridding people becasue they voice an opinion without any warning simply is not professional or reasonable. OK I was being unconstructive, just write and say "if you dont shut up you are out" Simple really.

As a portal to a new way of doing this, the guys at simraceway dont have a forum! They encourage chat in the gameservers, and there are always mods there to help or control. I know it's not the same kind of game or at the same stage of dev. But this seems an altogether more reasoned and sensible approach. I know this coz Bell hated me talking about this too! lol

You guys should try it, its not bad at all. I tried ACR aswell, again some nice touches but teh gameplay needs a little work, seems more of a browser game, but not bad reall.

Think it's time to move on,

Well I didn't know this previously, but Redi, the nogrip moderator is not exactly neutral. He works for SMS/WMD. No wonder he's been banning anyone who dares to criticise the pcars game. How bad is that for an independent forum to be controlled by SMS?
Indeed I am not neutral, but that doesn't mean that I will ban anyone who criticizes pCARS or SMS as it is twisted again. The more freedback the better, but it has to be constructive. If someone threatens to badmouth SMS because he got banned for reasons that he himself is to blame for, you're free to do so but not in my forums.

Yes that is a joke surely? :confused:
No it's no joke. The text doesn't ask people to lie, it says that showing obvious faults to the outside world doesn't help at all because all of them will be fixed before game release.

The problem is that people a) judge pCARS constantly as if it were a finished game, and b) treat the WMD/pCARS forums is if it were a public forum.
pCARS is about 15% finished currently, so it makes no sense posting public videos of the crash physics not being 100%, for example, because everyone in the project knows they aren't. If you work in a company and you are developing a new product, you are also not going to show to potential customers what faults there are in the current 'pre-alpha' product because you know that those things will be fixed. You'll show them the good stuff, and report the faults only to your boss. The WMD forums are just like that: it's work on a product that will hit the market in some 12 months time. That means that some things should only be reported internally, and you'll have to behave like you would in your regular job as well.

If someone threatens to badmouth SMS because he got banned for reasons that he himself is to blame for, you're free to do so but not in my forums.

Your forum? Do you own nogrip? Just asking like. The reasons that a person got banned for might be totally unfair to that person but not to people like you who have vested interests and money making as a baseline motivation.

Guaranteed if you were on WDM now you would be gone loL!

Best leave em to it guys, go back when it's finished or near finished. There are better things to try right now

Your forum? Do you own nogrip? Just asking like. The reasons that a person got banned for might be totally unfair to that person but not to people like you who have vested interests and money making as a baseline motivation.
I'm a moderator at NoGrip and moderate according to the rules set out by the site owners.

I still have to see the first person who thought it fair having been banned from a forum. People awlays think that they did nothing wrong and they have freedom of speech and that the moderators are nazis all that, while more often than not they were misbehaving and showing no respect to other forum members. Forums, and especially the WMD forums, aren't democracies, you have to stick to the (behavioural) ruls set out by the people who run the show. Same here, at RD I'm simply a member and I have to behave correctly, I shoudn't call people names if I disagree etc.

Redi have you forgotten how many times you challenged people to justify why S2U wasn't a sim?
If S2U is a sim, which part of steering precision don't you understand?
S2U is a sim in the literal meaning of the word, just not a very good one concerning tyre physics as they were deliberately compromised by the devs given publisher demands and development deadlines.

I'm a moderator at NoGrip and moderate according to the rules set out by the site owners.
I still have to see the first person who thought it fair having been banned from a forum. People awlays think that they did nothing wrong

I agree with people never agreeing to being banned (and I've been a moderator myself for a while), but on the other end of the issue, NoGripe is notorious by now for banning people for no good reason.
I had this happen to me (for saying 'f*** really?' in a good-natured joke thread and not agreeing to getting an 'infraction' for something so trivial, in which I insulted nobody, and didn't use a swear word either (just the **'s.)
Yes, if people really get abusive they should get a cooling off period for starters, but NoGripe really went overboard with the banhammer quite a while ago, hurting the simracing community in the process. Pity, since it used to be a nice site.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 423 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 283 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 277 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 324 12.8%