rF2 Banger Racing Reversed @ Valkenswaard - Monday 30th March 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no:)
I tried it last night and the F#$% 2CV can only drive 1CV in reverse. Only 38Km/h which makes it really easy to go around. But lets try and if it is that boring we just go forwards :)

Server is up btw.

This event was again with lots of laughs, but to be honest I liked the previous banger event more. So next time I suggest we do the mini's again on small tracks and kick each others butt :)

We started with some fun already but at event start time it was more serious and we tried to stick to the only-reverse-gear rule. When you do full throttle on these boxes-on-wheels the engine will overheat after 3 laps. So keeping it under control is key to success:)

At the start grid we turned the car and engaged the headlights; yes it was night racing :) surprise!
Most of the drivers where to eager to be at the top positions, but I knew I had to be careful with the engine. The race was 6 mins and with full throttle you can't reach the finish.
And so it happened, almost everyone destroyed their engine and slowly I was able to pass them one by one till I finished first :)
"to finish first, first you have to finish!" LOL

We did a second race but now normal driving and it was a blast. Soon I was in front and Ryan was closing in till some blockades where formed. I could just pass them and I think Ryan was stuck in the barrier at some point. Later on I was passed by the Hermannator, but a few corners before the end I could sneak through and forced him in the barrier where there happen to be another dead-car. Lol... bingo :)
Again a 1st place :)

In the next race we did normal driving on reversed track. Of course the lapcounter was not working but it was fun. Those damn idiots where trying to stop us at all costs :) FUN!

Next was more interesting. Formula 1 cars on Valkenswaard.
I can say, this track is very good for keeping F1 cars under control. Once you master it here, you can drive everywhere.
Tarmac/chicane/mud/big bumps/no grip. It was all there. The damage was set to only 10% so the cars could drive on after some touching :)
This was fun!

Later on, 3 of us drove all the way to Malaysia to practice some stuff for next Sunday. James gave us a lesson in driving fast :) Properrrr job!

Thanks for racing guys. See you next month in the next proper banger race. Mini's I think.

supperb fun last night, couldnt see a dam thing in the 1st race, couldnt remeber the track in the dark and was trying to follow the headlights of other cars, but got stuck on the tyre barriers and lost sight of everyone lol

2nd and 3rd races were lots more fun, luckly i was on TS so new Ben & David were planning a blockade and managed to avoid them :shock:

by this point all sence and reasoning had gone out the window and Ramon reset the server with the F1`s, but like Ramon already posted what a great way to learn the black art of driving an F1 :sweat:

i look forward to the return of the mini bangers, shame the engines didnt last in the 2CV`s as it was great fun racing backwards, i wounder if there is a way to modify the files and reverse the gear box? so you get 1 forward gear and 4 reverse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back