Balance Of Performance

• Thread starter Deleted member 387850
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 387850

• Deleted member 387850

I notice in the release notes for the latest R3E update the BOP has been adjusted for the Alpina B6 GT3 and the Leaderboard entries for this car wiped. Currently the top of the Leaderboards seem to be dominated by the new Merc and Corvette, but there were quite a few entries for the B6 until the update.

I was just wondering why the new cars seem to be so dominant? Is it simply because they are new and as a result people are putting in a lot of laps with them? I assume the BOP is done in such a way that theoretically the oldest car in the GT3 pack should be capable of lapping as quickly as the newest car?

Personally I see quite a bit of variation in lap time between cars, but I'm aware that some cars are better suited to some tracks and it can take some time to adapt your driving style to the different characteristics of each car. I guess the default setup for some cars might suit some tracks better than others as well?

I think I'm right in saying that @Georg Ortner did extensive BoP testing for the three new GT3s (Audi, Corvette and Mercedes) before they were released. However, as has been noted, different driving styles can lead to different results. Sector3 will probably make some slight adjustments once they look at the data and the public reaction. I told Georg on his stream that disagreements about BoP are very authentic! ;)

I vaguely remember some rumours the GT1 And GT2 classes could get some restructuring along with a physics update.
Alex has mentioned a couple times that the intention is for him to work his magic (my words not his) on all classes as and when time permits, so fingers crossed the majority of classes should be brought up to the latest physics in the future. I'd imagine it's GT4 next though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%