1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BAJA: Edge of Control Review

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Mar 31, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog
  2. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Excellent review. Very much enjoyed reading it and actually want to play it right now. Unfortunately I don't own a console and I was quite surprised to hear that there's no PC version. Well done on the write-up! There should be more reviews of unknown and classic games on RD :)
  3. Stay tuned :)
  4. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Thanks Austin, even tough i don't own any consoles, it's good to know about the games who were remained in shadows :)
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Played for ages, still got it, and still play it. :thumbsup:..
  6. Been a fan of MX Vs ATV for quite some time. Always hated it when I was forced to drive boring trucks and buggies in those games. What I really wish is that Rainbow or THQ or 2XL or whatever would release their last MX VS ATV game (Alive) on the PC! They released Reflex on PC and it was really as good as it gets as far as MX/ATV simulation. It was the hardest MX game EVER! But so rewarding when you finally found the line you needed to take to clear that set of doubles that had been hounding you and screwing up your laptimes.
  7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Used to race MX vs ATV reflex on pc loved the way you could cut the ruts in the track Real-time deformation continuously changes the track beneath you with every lap. Dig up the track and force the competition to carve a new race line. and the way you could move your guy around the bike..
    that was good fun its a pity i was so poor at it
    but these 2 games always put a smile on my face with freinds:thumbsup:
  8. What about wheel support? Can I use my Fanatec?
  9. museumsteve

Premium Member

I spent a while tracking down 3 Xbox 260 copies so I could do 3 screen setup and it was awful. I really don't remember this being a 9/10 game but each to their own :)
  10. Claudio Gandolfi

Claudio Gandolfi
    Pheripheral consumer Premium Member

I've bought it for ps3 after release and always consider as a good game in potency: good format and structure, enjoyable gameplay, but ruined by an excessive spindle effect on turn, and a framerate not so good. Imho surely not an awful game as Steve said, but not even a 9/10 title...
  11. museumsteve

Premium Member

Maybe 'awful' was a tad over the top.
    Frame rate is my biggest gripe in most games, racers more than most game need a good frame rate IMO. Baja's was dodgy at best and I seem to remember terrible pop up. Also I'm sure there was something about the multi-screen that didn't quite work right. It didn't hep that at the same time I was also playing Forza 4 and GT5 in multi-screen :)
  12. It's all in context. As an Xbox/PS3 game, it's awesome and as good as a hardcore off-road racing game will ever get for the console crowd. But I can't see anything good coming from the experience if you're trying to play it as a hardcore PC sim.
  13. i remember playing this game...it was good fun for a while but did grow increasingly boring as it went on.
  14. museumsteve

Premium Member

I was talking about it and playing it in context ;)
    I didn't have PC racers up and running at this time, I had 3 PS3's and 4 Xbox360's running only GT5 and Forza 4 in multiscreen...which was the only reason I tracked down Baja.
  15. Makes sense. But like all console games, I wouldn't recommend them over a PC game if you're looking for something super serious. Console games will always be dumbed down for the casual audience.
  16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Then you never drove Racepro by Simbin on a xbox..:) that was not dumbed down at all...
    • Like Like x 1
  17. It's sitting on my shelf right now ;)
    • Like Like x 1