1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Bahrain vote - which date?

Discussion in 'Xbox One | F1 Championship' started by Karl Fuss, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Doesn't matter

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,423
    Due to Easter Sunday, some of us might not be able to make the race this Sunday. There is no race the following weekend, so it had been proposed that we move our race to that weekend in order to have the most real drivers on the grid for the race. Please cast a vote to let us know your preference.

2. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,594
    It would be the 23rd & i won't be about for it if it does :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,423
    You are so right! And luckily they allow us access to change that kinda stuff now.

4. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +2,869
    Easter is actually better for me than the following weekend. My view is that if they race we race, but I understand others concerns.

5. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,997
    Understand that Rob but why run with a reduced grid if it can be avoided. Easter is a big family time for many so racing on those type of days can always be a bit of an issue.

6. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,997
    Huh? this has answer confused me lol Am I missing something :unsure:

7. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,423
    I initially put the race date as April 22, which is the Saturday. Boothy pointed it out and i changed it to the 23rd, Sunday.
    Previously, if we made an error on a thread title or poll question we would have to send an email to an RD mod to change the title for us. But now we can do that kinda stuff ourselves, so it saves us having to explain/justify a change to someone else.....except in this case :) lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,423
    Personally i'm fine either way. If the race is on Easter i miss it and it becomes one of the 4 dropped results for me. It also sounds like Peter might miss it as well, so another host would have to be found to run this Sunday. But so far our experience with that is not great. I generally have a really good connection, but Mitch for some reason was unable to join when i set the lobby up last race and i fear we might have more problems again if someone else hosts the race.
    But i do think it would be better to have it on a day when the chance of having the most real drivers is highest. Unfortunately that leaves Boothy out (probably due to wrestling)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,146
    I'm fine either way, my Sundays are very rarely taken up holiday or not, so whatever is decided is good for me :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,594
    It would be better to decide closer to the time considering people may not be as busy as they expect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,869
    Am out if it's not on Easter, I like to follow this season. I bet all of us will be actually watching the race, but not with our family. I do understand, but I really do like to condense the actual and the virtual race into one day. Therefore changing the schedule by a vote in other "inconvenient" situations gets just an entirely too big of a mess. I can host on Easter and my connection is 1G.Wired.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,146
    1MB?!? :confused::confused::confused: You poor soul.

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,869
    Umm. Sorry 1GB. Just upped from 200MB. Think that's right. Lol. Whatever it is, only business lines are faster. My ping rate is actually better to London than California. Under 100.
    We should all post a speed test.

14. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,869
    Of course, now that our police state govt. funnels 90% of the world's internet traffic through a bunker in San Francisco to spy of its own citizens, it may be a bit slower.

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,997
    I will watch the race delayed without knowing the result as i'll probably be out on Sunday unless the weather is crap.

The main reason for the suggestion was because of the chance of a reduced grid on Sunday because of the holiday weekend. It's nothing to do with 'inconvenience' just that as we have always said real life and family comes first. There's no big mess involved in a one off change on a holiday weekend.. it's not like they come very often. But whatever is fine by me... happy to use it as one of my dropped races if I am not able to make it.

16. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,997
    Dial up lol

• Haha Haha x 3
  17. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +641
    So at this point who is definitely not going to make this weekend? Either weekend will see a reduced grid so we'll have to make a decision or just follow the vote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  18. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +2,869
    The vote has been cast. My view is that it's settled, and I understand your concerns, but "following the schedule" doesn't mean "when it's convenient" for me and that's why we have the drop rule. I'll see you all in Russia in three weeks.

Other "holidays" that clash:
    May 14th - Mother's Day, U.S. (That one moved too? I'll likely be gone.)
    May 14th - Lag B'Omer, Jewish holiday, U.K. (Peter at Synagogue all day)
    May 28th - Indy 500 / Memorial Day weekend (will miss Monaco if it goes long).
    Nov 26th - Thanksgiving, U.S.
    Jun 11th - Trinity Sunday, U.K.
    Nov 12th - Rememberance Sunday Observance

Funny that they largely avoided all the major British Holidays and conflicted three big massive American holiday weekends against their schedule. That's unfair to the U.S. grid, IMO.

This is why it's unfair to move races. This is why we have the drop rule. This is why we should allow people to rely on what we set out to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +641
    Perhaps we should change the calendar to race on Saturdays instead? What do you think @Karl Fuss

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,997
    We raced when it was Mothers day over here.. that was when we were at Melbourne. It's not a holiday weekend and neither are some of those others noted. Easter, Christmas and New Year are traditional family days here in the UK. More than happy for Thanksgiving Day to be considered a change though :thumbsup:

If we are talking race days then of course that's not a problem... if races that start late and would conflict then we can look at that at the time too. We are a bunch of race fans after all so such things would naturally be considered.

As long as the races are run in the same sequence then we are following the schedule, most will be on the same day as planned but it makes sense to have options for special occasions. The drop rule is more meant for things like disconnections, vacations, illness, evenings out, etc.

Convenience has nothing to do with it.. The reason it was looked at as a possible idea to change the date was more to do with the possibility of running with a reduced grid because of the holiday weekend. We've done it before without a problem.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1