F1 2010 Bafta nomination for F1 2010, the videogame

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
This artical was originaly writen at http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/3/11792.html

F1 2010™, the first multi-format, high-definition Formula One videogame from Codemasters, has been nominated for a prestigious GAME British Academy Video Games Award. The British Academy of Film and Television, a UK charity which promotes moving image art forms, has recognised gaming industry achievements for over a decade.

The F1 2010™ game, which features all the drivers, teams and circuits of the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, has been designed to immerse players in the glamour and exhilaration of the world’s most exciting motorsport. Developed using Codemasters’ EGO™ Technology Platform it delivers an unrivalled F1 experience, powered by cutting-edge graphics, advanced physics systems and integrated network play.

The game is nominated in the sports category alongside FIFA 11, Football Manager 2011, Gran Turismo 5, International Cricket 2010 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2011. The awards ceremony will take place on March 16 in London.

You beat me to it, Good job!

Im Proud of CM for producing such a high Quality Game, im very impressed that they support Modding for their Products, this is 100% Valuable to community's like RD.... a great pat on the back and a few beers will do.

it is a good game and I obviously enjoy it, but it is too bugged to win an award imo. Then again I don't own any of the other games so it's hard to judge whether those are any better in that respect.

You beat me to it, Good job!

Im Proud of CM for producing such a high Quality Game, im very impressed that they support Modding for their Products, this is 100% Valuable to community's like RD.... a great pat on the back and a few beers will do.

how do they support modding? Modders have to make due with digging through xml files. releasing the source code, now that would be supporting modders.

it is a good game and I obviously enjoy it, but it is too bugged to win an award imo. Then again I don't own any of the other games so it's hard to judge whether those are any better in that respect.

how do they support modding? Modders have to make due with digging through xml files. releasing the source code, now that would be supporting modders.
maybe not releasing the codes but atleast they don't have some sort of cheat protection which would definatly slow/ stop the progress of modding.

but yes it would have been nice if they did release it, still atleast it's editable :) ... Great talent in this community :)

it is a good game and I obviously enjoy it, but it is too bugged to win an award

+1

I enjoy driving the cars and the game has helped me learn the tracks (it is too easy to zone out while watching a race on TV and not really pay close attention to the tracks). But the AI in this game is too whacked out, not to mention the incomplete car setups to be winning any awards yet.

I think the Codemasters have created a work of art akin to the gaming equivelant of the mona lisa. Its unfortunate that they hung it up in the gallery before removing the biro pen c*ck someone drew on the forehead.

So there you have it, a racing game leonardo davinci with a naughty scribble on it.

Warts and all though its still made all my other racing games redundant. I just dont want to play anything else.

It does not deserve any award. Codemasters should be ashamed of themselves. The lack of support for the pc version is terrible and their customers service lacks big time. Too many bugs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%