1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad news, Half Life 2: Episode 3 cancelled.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hampus Andersson, Jan 10, 2013.

1. But the good news is that they have been working on Half Life 3 for 4 years straight so hopefully it´s not far off now.
    It´s not really news news either, article i read it from was published in June.

To me HL-series is the best single player first person games on the planet and i can´t wait to finally get it on again and see what Freeman is up to once more :)
  2. Some concept art leaked from Episode 3, looked like one hell of a game.

3. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

Bad news indeed. But I guess no single human on this planet really expected Episode 3 to be finished anymore?!?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mohameddo-san

F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I haven't even played the series, but, this is no doubt grave news.
  5. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

lol. As an avid follower of any news about Valve I have to tell you that there's been no direct confirmation whatsoever about anything Half-Life related. It's nor been confirmed that Ep3 has been cancelled, nor is it known that it became 'Half-Life 3'. About a year or so after the Ep2 release it became apparant that Valve obviously needed more time making Ep3 (the planning was to release it a month after Ep2). Because it was taking so long the community simply assumed that the title will be known as Half-Life 3 instead, and that's what the article you're talking about is doing as well. Everything said in the article is purely speculation so absolutely nothing should be taken for granted, unfortunately.

The only sort-of-but-not-quite direct information about the next installment that we have is that ''Ricochet 2'', believed to be a codename for ''Half-Life 3'' has entered development stage and is almost certain to run on the Source 2 engine (which has officially been confirmed by Gabe Newell). [source]
  6. Yea did some more reading now, at first i read a swedish news article and he basically said "it´s cancelled"
    Was on Game Reactor, pretty well known magazine in Sweden.

But did some reading and apparently some guy had first claimed it on the Steam forums.

7. Getting the itch again....might have to play HL2 for a 7th time now...
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Episode 3 or Half-Life 3 doesn't matter. So no need to be sad imo. Maybe even better as we might be able to play Episode 3's story with a new version of the Source engine :geek:
  9. HL2 done, HL2:E1 now mid-way through i think :)

Edit: Mid-way HL2:E2 now.. time flies.
  10. wow check this out, it´s from Episode 4... yes 4. Return to Ravenholm.
    This was cancelled though.