Backpack (Inventory mod)

Plugins Backpack (Inventory mod) 1.0.14

Login or Register an account to download this content
@UltraJohn - I have a new issue with this plugin. Since updating to ModLoader 0.3.3 recently I have noticed that clicking TAB spams the backpack open and closed. This make it very difficult to open and close the backpack. :/

I'll make sure I'm using the latest everything, but I'd just like to register that now. I'm about to restart the game now so it'll take less than a minute to confirm if I'm using the latest versions of this plugin. I'll edit it out if it's an old version.

EDIT: Confirmed at 1.0.12

Hey, would it be possible to add an option so that you cannot add items unless you have the backpack open and you are holding the item in your hand?
And as an addition to this, add so that pressing E would put the item you are currently holding in a single slot ('under your arm'), and then pressing E again would put it back into your hand?

Basically, make the backpack work like a realistic backpack, and make it so you can easily open doors and such without dropping the item you are carrying or having to put it into the backpack.

Hey, would it be possible to add an option so that you cannot add items unless you have the backpack open and you are holding the item in your hand?
And as an addition to this, add so that pressing E would put the item you are currently holding in a single slot ('under your arm'), and then pressing E again would put it back into your hand?

Basically, make the backpack work like a realistic backpack, and make it so you can easily open doors and such without dropping the item you are carrying or having to put it into the backpack.

Just don't press E if you don't want to add it to the backpack?
I don't see the point in having an 'under your arm' feature, when you can just put it in the backpack.
If E puts an item 'under your arm' how would you add items to the backpack? lol

Just don't press E if you don't want to add it to the backpack?
I don't see the point in having an 'under your arm' feature, when you can just put it in the backpack.
If E puts an item 'under your arm' how would you add items to the backpack? lol

I believe his idea is that you must first open the backpack menu, then pressing E puts it into the backpack. Where as if you have the menu closed it goes "under your arm". Personally I think it's a terrible idea, but whatever.

I have a strange issue with this mod. I rebound my open backpack key to "3" however if I don't press 3 fast enough the menu flickers open / closed very quickly. It's a pain because I end up having to press the button over and over again and just hope I get lucky that the backpack remains open / closed.

I believe his idea is that you must first open the backpack menu, then pressing E puts it into the backpack. Where as if you have the menu closed it goes "under your arm". Personally I think it's a terrible idea, but whatever.

I have a strange issue with this mod. I rebound my open backpack key to "3" however if I don't press 3 fast enough the menu flickers open / closed very quickly. It's a pain because I end up having to press the button over and over again and just hope I get lucky that the backpack remains open / closed.
Update to version 1.0.13 and the newest modloader, that should fix it. Not sure if msc already has something bound to 3 already, which could also cause issues.

Requiring the backpack to be open is mostly because I keep accidentally putting stuff in the backpack when I want to use them as I get E and F mixed, which then requires opening the backpack, scrolling to the item, pooping it on the ground and trying again. And in general, it just makes more sense as you can't teleport stuff to a backpack anyway.
And because I accidentally put the full bucket of Kilju to my backpack and when I pooped it out it fell over and spilled my booze, and I'm bitter about it.

The 'Item under arm' thing is because it makes sense to carry some items in my hand (sauna bucket, gas/oil/radiator fluid bottles, kilju bucket etc), but you can't open doors while carrying stuff.
So if the 'backpack needs to be open' was added, it would free the key for this purpose - hit E to free your hand, open the door, hit E to bring the item back.

Requiring the backpack to be open is mostly because I keep accidentally putting stuff in the backpack when I want to use them as I get E and F mixed, which then requires opening the backpack, scrolling to the item, pooping it on the ground and trying again. And in general, it just makes more sense as you can't teleport stuff to a backpack anyway.
And because I accidentally put the full bucket of Kilju to my backpack and when I pooped it out it fell over and spilled my booze, and I'm bitter about it.

The 'Item under arm' thing is because it makes sense to carry some items in my hand (sauna bucket, gas/oil/radiator fluid bottles, kilju bucket etc), but you can't open doors while carrying stuff.
So if the 'backpack needs to be open' was added, it would free the key for this purpose - hit E to free your hand, open the door, hit E to bring the item back.
Well getting E and F mixed up isn't really me or the mods fault, that's just you, though I understand since many games use those buttons interchangeably. Even if I did add an under arm slot the item would still be flung to the floor when dropping it, just like the backpack stuff.

I think really, the game should just allow you to open doors while carrying an item by default. (Perhaps suggest it to the dev?)

• Deleted member 444954

did you ever get the savegame issue figured out? or is it something that cannot be fixed at the moment, almost like how the grocery bag explodes when you save and reload a game?

EDIT: also, with the quicksave/quickload mod, i just figured i would let you know, i bound my quicksave to LCONTROL+F5, and when i did that, when my game got done saving, my backpack just disappeared. dont know if it was the mod entirely that messes with it, or just because of the possible bug i found. either way i figured i would be courteous and let you know. also, maybe it would be a good idea if you made it hold onto the item as soon as you drop it from the backpack so that way it doesnt fall to the ground? not a huge deal considering i can just either pick it up off of the ground, or hit left click super fast right after i hit right click to drop it. not sure if you can force that in or not, but i guess it would be a good recommendation. good mod though, +100 :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
did you ever get the savegame issue figured out? or is it something that cannot be fixed at the moment, almost like how the grocery bag explodes when you save and reload a game?

EDIT: also, with the quicksave/quickload mod, i just figured i would let you know, i bound my quicksave to LCONTROL+F5, and when i did that, when my game got done saving, my backpack just disappeared. dont know if it was the mod entirely that messes with it, or just because of the possible bug i found. either way i figured i would be courteous and let you know. also, maybe it would be a good idea if you made it hold onto the item as soon as you drop it from the backpack so that way it doesnt fall to the ground? not a huge deal considering i can just either pick it up off of the ground, or hit left click super fast right after i hit right click to drop it. not sure if you can force that in or not, but i guess it would be a good recommendation. good mod though, +100 :thumbsup:

It should be fixed, as I haven't heard of any problems since the update.

Due to the way the game handles saving, the explosion is by design, since I don't have any neat way of handling the saving of items.

As for automatically grabbing items that are removed from the backpack, I didn't find a way to make this work yet, because of the way the game code works. I'll figure it out eventually though!

• Deleted member 444954

awesome! hopefully everything works out then. ill test the savegame issue for you now lol

EDIT: In confirmation, yes. quicksave AND quickload break the backpack until you save and exit the right way and continue your game. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome! hopefully everything works out then. ill test the savegame issue for you now lol

EDIT: In confirmation, yes. quicksave AND quickload break the backpack until you save and exit the right way and continue your game. :(
Without the mod source files I won't be able to tell why it breaks, and looking at the page it seems it hasn't been updated since april, so it could also just be outdated. So I guess if you want to use quicksave, then drop all items on the ground first. I'll see if I can magically conjure a fix for it at a later point in time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back