1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Background reference image scale

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by dampire, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Background reference image scale (solved)

Is there a pixel to meter ratio built into BTB?

After spending a very long time making a track and then exporting it I found it to be 2x bigger on the x an z axis than it needed to be.

Looking back at my track i realized I never set the track width properly causing my reference image to be off.

So I was wondering if there is a Pixel to Meter ratio when you import the image into BTB to make more accurate scaling possible?

I might make a php parser script to take all the numbers in my xml file and reduce them by 50 % to save some time. Just have to write it to scale everything but the Y axis . . .
  2. I now realized how stupid I was. My huge reference image has a scale on the image itself set to 50m so I just set my grid to 50m in BTB and adjusted the image slowly till the scales matched the grid.

Good thing I did too because I can now see the track is way off.

I did write the php script to shrink just the nodes by a changeable ratio and this worked very well . . . Just have to move the nodes slightly to get them in the right positions for the right scale now, so it still saved a lot of work.