1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Background Picture Problem

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by bobprit, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Hi Everyone,
    I have a problem here thats driving me nut's at the moment.

If I use a background image in my project to use as a blend into my surface texture,after I have exported the project to RFactor,and then try to load the track RFactor will crash and come back with a G Motor 2 Error !!!.

If I do not use the background as a blend over the original textures it will
    load just fine into RFactor. Maybe It's me and I've missed something here that I should be doing. Shame really as this really brings my textures to life and ideal for placing objects in the correct position.

The Picture is a Google Earth Satalite view of my project I grabbed this and saved saved it as a .dds file in the recomended sizes for BTB.Also tried it in .BMP but the same thing happens.
    I know RFactor is fussy about texture names I think,if so how and where done I change this... ?

Hope someone can help... Regards Bob.
  2. Are you sure the picture dimensions aren't incorrect, because that's what it sounds like. You know, the 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 sizing thing.

4096 is the largest size you can use I believe, have you maybe gone larger than that?
  3. yeap, that true the picture needs to be resized manually in your rfactor track. or before you import it into btb.

power of 2^
  4. Thanks Guy's... My Image height setting were wrong I had only set the width of the image to the power of 2 size. Changed that and it works fine now.. Thanks a million !!