1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back end of car missing

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Liam Carbin, Nov 3, 2011.

1. I've recently created my own paint skin for the Williams car, however I have noticed that now the back end of the car is missing.
    Is this due to something I did whilst painting?

2. Yes, obviously, i advice you to replace your back-up of the original file in the folder again ( I hope you made a back-up..)
  3. Is your skin for Williams uploaded in here?
  4. I did make a backup yes. Shall put that back in the game folder and try again with my skin.

No it isn't, I just made it to have a go at repaints and see how it works.
  5. I miss something.You want to restore your backup in the game right? Then how you will try again your skin if it's gonna be the original skin ? You mean again replacing with your mode skin? I don't get it buddy.
  6. You may want to just try painting the whole car black or something at first, to make sure it works.
  7. Rigel

@ Simberia @Simberia

Did you follow the Car Texture edition tutorial?
  8. Sorry for the confusion. Nope I dont want to restore it. I was just wondering why my back end was missing :tongue:

Thanks will try that, do you think it may have been caused because I painted on the actual "background" as photoshop calls it and not a new layer? ( I did use some new layers but I did also paint on the "background" )

yes I did, however I got errors trying to save as a DDS with Nvidia plugin. So I saved it as a PNG and then used a programe called DXTBMP ( Programe I use for saving repaint textures for Flight Sim) to save it as a DDS.
  9. what error were you getting with the nvidia plugin? you might not be setting things correctly?

From my limited knowledge DDS files are tricky.
  10. It just says " there was an error" with an ok button. It doesnt explain what the error is. I looked it up last night and thats what got me saving as a png first.