1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Aviva A-segment and B-segment

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by 2o6, Jul 28, 2011.

1. 2o6

2o6

Starting to get a better handle on the program, as well as proportions.

Two small FWD cars, one a B-segment hatchback, and another an A-segment city car.

It's a small B-segment 5-door and 4-door sedan near the cheaper end of the segment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Small sedan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A-segment

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Yet again, 2 unique designs by 2o6 :) Keep it up

3. 2? where did you learn to count lol. theres 3, looks like a 5-door, 4-door, and a hatchback.

One little suggestion, that piece you have going from the A-pillar down to the door (on the last car), might want to made that thinner, looks a little bit odd that wide, but then again you also have yet to put the mirrors on it.

4. Oh sorry i only saw the bottom one now lol, it looks really good reminds me of something like a hyundai jazz or a toyota yaris, it looks really nice anyway

5. Romanian cops do something very similar: "Unit 2, communicate speed for the blue Hyundai Civic"

6. I kinda failed twice in this forum thread, i feel bad :( Hyundai Getz*

7. 2o6

2o6

I think I'm getting better with getting the point across as to what I want to model.

A-segment car. Just a slight facelift to get the droopy joker nose off. Haven't really worked on it all that much.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B-segment car, I started over entirely. Not sure how it came out. Did things like making super exaggerated wheel arches, and a tapering rear end to add visual flair.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior
    [​IMG]

Quickie sedan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C-segment car. Not much work done on this one, either. Not sure what to do with it. Started life as a sedan, did a quickie hatchback.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. You can turn off the "Double Sided" button as it is rarely ever needed. Good looking model, keep up the good work.

9. 2o6

2o6

Thanks. I've had people say they really like them, and others say they really hate them. Oh well.

10. :) funny

@206...your modeling skills are steadily improving. Keep it up!

11. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

I like what you've done with the front ends, something I think maybe your designs could benefit from is some sharper edges - if you select some edges, press ctrl+E, and choose "mark edges as sharp", then add the EdgeSplit modifier, you'll get actual sharp edges. If you select the edges and press shift+E, then move the mouse around, you can also tweak the subdivision smoothness and get sharp edges that way.

12. 2o6

2o6

A-segment now has a name! Aviva "Pekoe".

Aside from needing to be textured, it's pretty much fully modeled. Seperated bumpers and interior is pretty much complete

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior accommodations are a little tight

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was so ahead, I could actually create a sport model.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B-segment

Almost done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior accommodations

[​IMG]

Not much on the C-segment

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also made this cheap sedan for developing markets like China, India and South America. Before you get all upset that I'm spending time making ANOTHER economy car, this is an older model. I was looking though some older models I made, and I came across this one that I was able to work into a small cheap sedan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old model
    [​IMG]

13. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Sweeeeet! They all look really good, I think you'd make a good designer for Kia ;) (in a good way, their designs seem to be quite nice these days!)

14. Nice job, keep them coming..

15. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

WoW...realy good!

16. 2o6

2o6

Thanks, guys. I made the mistake of trying to also make these cars for Rigs of Rods, too. They didn't take to them well.

17. 2o6

2o6

Update:

The low-cost sedan (Akin to the VW Gol, Dacia Logan or the Chevy Sail) has been remodeled slightly, proportions slightly changed. I think I may either name it 'Ituva' or 'Kenosha'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I even made this "Coupe Utility" as a bit of an experiment to compete with cars like the Fiat Strada, Chevy Montana, VW Saviero et, al. Technically, it's not made very well at all. If I decide to actually make one, I'll model it a whole lot better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not much done on the A-segment (Named "Pekoe")
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B-segment Hatch is nearly complete

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B-segment sedan - Instead of simply slapping a trunk onto the hatchback, I used an old save state of the hatchback and pretty much made an entirely new car from that. The result is something that is intentionally a sedan, rather than an awkward looking hatch with a growth for a trunk.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The interior dashboard shared between the cars
    [​IMG]

C-segment sedan had some proportional changes (not as tall)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and lastly, a work on a new RWD thing. I meant it to be a sort of Miata/Solstice thingy, but it looks more like a 370Z competitor....oh well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Convertible

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not pictured, but the A-segment has started the process of being textured. When I get another computer (very soon) then they'll finally start to show up in Racer.

18. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

They all look really really good. You've got some skills :)

19. Wow that is some wonderful work, especially that last one!

Keep it up :D

20. Do you use the meshsmooth in your renders?
    Btw the design is realy, realy nice. I just love it !
    But in your render it seems to have some small normals problems, and i think it's due to the meshsmooth ;)