1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aviation fans anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Christopher Aponte, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

i am :) i work in the industry, so im also always interested in this kind of stuff.....

im curious what the 787 has to offer.....
  2. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

I'm not an aviation fan but this still interests me. Looks really nice and big. I hope flights will be error and mistake free.
  3. I like planes, anything with big engines, goes really fast and makes alot of noise is always going to make me smile.

My dad was in the RAF and been to the local air musuem here a few times.

4. Here's an ATCO, working night talking to the pilotes :)
  5. cool
    never knew that :)
  6. Didn't know Garuda is known by Indonesians as well. It was a huge mythological bird AFAIK..
  7. Mostly interested in military aviation :terminator::terminator:
  8. I thought the Dreamliner was a competitor for the A380 but it's much smaller?
  9. nopes
    dreamliner is more replacement for (if not mistaken) some B757 (routes), B767 and competes with A330 (and maybe replacement for the A300-600 that American Airlines recently retired)....but then again I might be mistaken here
  10. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

guess your right chris....only think 787 has better fueleconomy the 757 and 767, so can fly larger routes i guess.
  11. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

As long as it has better leg space ill book it :D
  12. haha Bram
    that is up to the airlines
    if they want to pack us like sardines...then they will do that :(

btw it was great to see the plane up in the air

see the wing flexing :)

edit....found a HD video :)
  13. and the landing of this beauty :)
  14. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

15. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

your jealous bout my foldable legs eh :D :D

legspace + planes = awful

even in this plane that will stay the same, unless you can pay business class fares :)
  16. Spent 4 years in the US NAvy as an Avionics/weapons system tech. Worked on the flight deck of the USS NIMITZ as the workcenter primary troubleshooter fr VA-35 Black Panthers.

Grumman A6E was my bird!

1985 Nightshift troubleshooter for MEdeiterranean Deployment. Working at night on the flight deck is one hell of an experience during flight ops.

1986 NOrth Atlantic deployment ( blue nose ) Dayshift Flightdeck troubleshooter in the Artic circle and NOrth Atlantic. UNreal deployment. Seen more rainbows and oil platforms in a day than you'll see in a lifetime.

Military Aviation is my interest. Those airline planes just don't do it for me. well except the twin deck monster Airbus made. Thats pretty impressive!
  17. Boeing Revolutionizes Flight - 787 Dreamliner

And just found this funny video: