F1 2010 Autosport.com review

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
The argument that a previous game only had this, doesn't really hold any water,if it did we would all still be playing 20 year old games in terms of graphics and handling,Inovation should hold true for each game that comes out with each being better than what came before.
Codies have done this in terms of graphics and weather but in a lot of other areas they have gone a step back with no option for a user to reinstate at least what came before eg proper pit control etc.
I have heard their argument that they hadn't enough time to do it justice for the first game,what im hoping is as they have the basic game built now that it is in 2011,if it isnt well i would be wondering what their reasons would be the second time round.

On the whole the game looks very good,i hope i have no reason to reverse my opinion after playing.
Ps one review has put max damage as like bumper cars.

It is pretty standard to go two steps forward and one step back. Take rFactor for example - it lost the weather and driver and pitcrew animations in F1C. iRacing when it came out lacked many features in NASCAR Racing 2003, even basic features like split times and flags. The lack of proper pit control I believe is down to the license - FOM don't want you to be able to run down other pit-crews, though you can run down your own front jackman.

About how difficult to drive an F1 is, he is quite experienced with high power cars...

Please tell me you don't take Top Gear seriously? Do you really think all their car vs plane races or whatever are not staged? Its all about putting on a show, to entertain. Its the car programme equivalent of wrestling.

This is another video of a chef driving an F1 car.

The other thing is driving a real F1 car is nothing like driving a simulated F1 car. The g-forces in the real thing are just way beyond anything you've experienced in a car before, something completely lacking in a sim. Thank goodness we don't need the fitness of the real drivers to drive our sims for an hour and a half :)

It seems now that when it rains it will rain everywhere on the track,no showers of rain on just one part of the track.
The unpredictable rain on a part or all or none of the track is one reason i have gtr2 still installed on my system.
And to think i was praising there weather a couple of posts up.
So currently we have
Half of dx(currently only dx9)
Half grid online(12 max)
Half a weather system(all of track or none of track)
Half a pitstop(cant steer)
Half a sim(based on devs estimate)
Half the rotation of normal steering wheel(visually so far)
Half a damage system(front more prone to back)
Wondering what will come out next.

Added , no dynamic changing light over the course of a race,confirmed earlier today.
No discs availabe in uk or usa for the game after 24th confirmed

Added ,front wing is changed every time you change tires.

Please tell me you don't take Top Gear seriously? Do you really think all their car vs plane races or whatever are not staged? Its all about putting on a show, to entertain. Its the car programme equivalent of wrestling.

Of course that it is :D, and is evident, something unexpected that makes the race very close or dramatic happens every time :)

But that's a different part of the show, they also have more or less objective tests like the TOP speed tests in straight line, the Stig laps, or the special reports that is serious driving. All off them, even if now they are more comedians than experts, have a long experience in motor press and motorsports, avobe average driving skills and a lot of experience with poweful cars.

This is another video of a chef driving an F1 car.

The other thing is driving a real F1 car is nothing like driving a simulated F1 car. The g-forces in the real thing are just way beyond anything you've experienced in a car before, something completely lacking in a sim. Thank goodness we don't need the fitness of the real drivers to drive our sims for an hour and a half :)

I did bobsleigh as guest in an olympic track and was really difficult to mantain the view in front, head trend to go sides and down. I think that G's are similar to F1, so yes, as you said that makes a dramatic difference.

Cya!.

It seems now that when it rains it will rain everywhere on the track,no showers of rain on just one part of the track.
The unpredictable rain on a part or all or none of the track is one reason i have gtr2 still installed on my system.
And to think i was praising there weather a couple of posts up.
So currently we have
Half of dx(currently only dx9)
Half grid online(12 max)
Half a weather system(all of track or none of track)
Half a pitstop(cant steer)
Half a sim(based on devs estimate)
Half the rotation of normal steering wheel(visually so far)
Half a damage system(front more prone to back)
Wondering what will come out next.

Added , no dynamic changing light over the course of a race,confirmed earlier today.
No discs availabe in uk or usa for the game after 24th confirmed

A couple of answers for your thoughts I think I can answer from what I have read/seen:

- I think there is actually an option in game to decide if you want to control your car in the pits or not. In some of the videos, they just have it on auto.

- I am sure wheel rotation can also be changed, it is just a lot of the videos are of people playing on 360 with a wheel that is setup at 200 degrees I think.

I think this game will be a lot of fun to play. It is also a great start to what could be a much more complete game the second year around but you have to start somewhere. I guess they could have developed another full year and released something with more features to your liking but I don't mind having a crack at it earlier than later and giving them some funding to make the next one even better.

Games can always be better but this already looks worth the price they are asking.

You can only control acceleration and brake in pit stop no steering and thats when you choose manual mode.
I was referring to the animation of the steering thats why i said visually.(they are not the only dev with this issue)
but with other devs you could change fov and view position ,here you cant and if playing in the cockpit view its pretty annoying even if it is only in your peripheral view.

Realistically it does look good but the stuff that is missing is an issue with the console hardware being too weak
its hard to see even with better coding how they can get then in next year.
My biggest issue is not with the items above its the lies from them saying something is in the game
and then removing it without telling anyone until forced by either a screen shot or video or mag comment showing up
showing different.
And if they have done this is there other stuff left out that they said is in the game.
With the way Dragon Rising was thrown out you would have to wonder at the direction that Codemasters
(not necessarily individual devs at Codemasters) in general is going,
but this happened also in grid in terms of patches and promised dlc.
This is the dlc released for Dirt 2
http://www.ps3vault.com/codemasters-dirt-2-dlc-is-disappointing-7076
So if you look at their previous games would you believe that a patch(es)
will be forth coming to add dx11(they havent officially confirmed or denied this) or bugs that people encounter.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%