F1 2012 Autosave Problem

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Is anyone else experiencing the Autosave bug? Whereby, you just can't save anything, and you can only progress as far as you get in one session of playing, and once you quit and reboot, everything that you just did is gone.

So far, I've tried,
- Restarting my career
- Manually saving (which still doesn't save)

Initially I thought it was caused because I edited the ai_vehicle_track for Melbourne, so I put the original file back in, but that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone know of a solution? Or why this is caused?

Many thanks in advance.

Fix at codemasters forum?

Worked for me
Hi all.

We've found that the following quick fix allows you to start saving your progress again.

1. Select Multiplayer -> Split Screen -> Press Start on a second controller / keyboard -> P1: Select any team & driver -> P2: Select any team & driver -> Any Race Settings -> Any track.
  2. Once on track P1 pause and select Options -> Driving Controls and change Control Profile to another option and then back again. Exit back out of the Pause menu.
  3. P2 pause and select Options -> Driving Controls and change Control Profile to another option and then back again. Back out to Pause Options, select Quit To Main Menu -> Yes.
  4. You should now be able to save again.
Let us know how it goes, as all information will be fed back to the QA team.

Thank you for your patience!

^ Will try that if/when I get it again. Thanks. :)

Just one thing, I have only G27 & keyboard, and I always navigate the menus with the keyboard, is it even possible with the wheel? So how do I do the pause+options with 'different' controllers? Or do I just do it with keyboard. :unsure:

This thing with multiplayer helped me!...I also use G27, but I did this with keyboard and xbox controller, and after that i pluged my wheel, and start game again, and everything was working...thanks koeloe!!!...and sry for my bad english!:)

The multiplayer thing worked for me as well but when ever I go to exit the game I get a black screen and all I hear is the menu music. Use CTRL+ALT+DELETE to use Task Manager and it says that F1 2012 is not responding. Also, in order to start the game back up I have to completely exit out of Steam and restart it

Bloody hell ...... they might as well ask us to say "Abracadabra" at the end of all that, or "Izzy whizzy, let's get busy" ;) :D

........ no wonder we couldn't isolate a quick fix ourselves, but we were on the right lines, controller related in some way.

same problem i cannot go into Multiplayer .it say i am not in the steam cloud

I think there are some Steam connection problems today. About an hour ago or so, when in TT mode ghost laps had stopped uploading/downloading as there was 'no connection, please make sure Steam is online and connected' - This warning was in-game

I was connected and online, but there are quite a few UDP connections to Steam, perhaps one of those is/was down @ the Steam servers

We've found that the following quick fix allows you to start saving your progress again.
  1. Select Multiplayer -> Split Screen -> Press Start on a second controller / keyboard -> P1: Select any team & driver -> P2: Select any team & driver -> Any Race Settings -> Any track.
  2. Once on track P1 pause and select Options -> Driving Controls and change Control Profile to another option and then back again. Exit back out of the Pause menu.
  3. P2 pause and select Options -> Driving Controls and change Control Profile to another option and then back again. Back out to Pause Options, select Quit To Main Menu -> Yes.
  4. Do this while standing on your head holding a glass of water in your left hand and a dragons tooth in your right, then press ctrl, altgr, f1 and del simultaneously while singing "God Save The Queen".
  5. You should now be able to save again.
Let us know how it goes, as all information will be fed back to the QA team.

Thank you for your patience!

Jesus ! What a longshot !
Makes you wonder how they came up with that fix, doesn't it ?
Seems to me like they might have had some idea what causes it but ignored it all along during 2010-2011...hm ?

yeah Gnu i tried, but i had to stop quite immediately, when i should "Press Start on a second controller / keyboard", which i do not have, and in fact i can't go on :(

Hi, what I meant was just use your current keyboard, pretending it's a new one. and just carrying on to see what happens, and do whatever steps you can. When they say Change Controller profile, just try remapping a key or something like that .....

There are few keyboard players waiting for some info from CM on their forum, but no reply with advice yet

Hi, what I meant was just use your current keyboard, pretending it's a new one. and just carrying on to see what happens, and do whatever steps you can. When they say Change Controller profile, just try remapping a key or something like that .....

There are few keyboard players waiting for some info from CM on their forum, but no reply with advice yet

Hello and thank u for your interest; i still can't work it out, i mean, how can i use it pretending it's a new one?when i select multiplayer and split screen, the game says something like "waiting for the second player" and to press start with the new device..but i only have my keyboard, and pressing start with it won't do, cuz the game won't recognize it as a new one, but as the "usual" keyboard, the first player's keyboard, so nothing happens.. it's not easy to explain, i hope i made myself understood..thank u again in the meantime

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back