F1 2012 Autosave Problem

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Is anyone else experiencing the Autosave bug? Whereby, you just can't save anything, and you can only progress as far as you get in one session of playing, and once you quit and reboot, everything that you just did is gone.

So far, I've tried,
- Restarting my career
- Manually saving (which still doesn't save)

Initially I thought it was caused because I edited the ai_vehicle_track for Melbourne, so I put the original file back in, but that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone know of a solution? Or why this is caused?

Many thanks in advance.

Found a tweet from Steve Hood, saying that the Autosave bug will be looked at and tried to fix for a patch at some point.

Donni Hald@el_HNRKSN
@T4RG4 Make it a priority to get your team to fix the autosave issue. THIRD YEAR IN A ROW, MATE. 100% Unacceptable

3h
Steve Hood@T4RG4
@el_HNRKSN Apologies. Will look into that. Already mailed a few people.

And on a side note, the amount of rain in the game will be more balanced in the upcoming patch.

Steve Hood@T4RG4
@AlexJacotin Yes, was hoping to update weather day 1 but it will be better balanced soon in another update.

@Dmitry Zaharov

You are not losing them on game start ..... they just never saved in the first place (on game end). It's all part of the saving bug detailed in this thread, and nobody has the answer. You might get a temporary fix by following some of the info above. However it is likely to happen again, as there are no absolutely sure ways of getting around the issue.

Starting again with a new profile and manual saving, may be better, but not 100% safe.

I have now confirmed this (for me at least) without fail, EVERY reboot. I reckon it is something to do with Steam startup, but that's just a hunch.
But at least the method is working at the moment, and I am obsessively backing up after every session.

Stuck at Silverstone. Just ran 5 races into the season from there at 50% blissfully motoring about. Closed the game to take the collie up the hill for a windy walk. Came back, started the game. Back at Silverstone Q1 despite having even decided to manually save just in case the autosave didn't do its job. So that's another preorder F1 2012 shelved until Code *cough* 'Masters' fix it...:(

Apparently according to their Community Manager, their QA department is now looking into it and trying to replicate it ......

I remember when they said that last year ...... and it fizzled out like a cheap firework.

Woot Hood is sending some emails! Hopefully one is a reply to FOM explaining why he allowed this to happen for a 3rd year....

Bet they still don't spend as many man hours tryin to fix it as you have Gnu!

Apologies, I just realised that's a little negative, when I sincerely hope that they sort it out for you guys.

But I do hope that this is a really painful, embarrassing and expensive fix for CM, which 1 or 2 days beta testing at relatively no cost would have identified during the development stage.

Right i gotta 'send some Emails' One of which is a diagram of the software development V-model to Hood...

I am with you 110% :D

I am racking my brain now, thinking "It is Paul who hates those percentages, isn't it?"

Otherwise the joke is on me .....

Im a million percent a pie chart man :D

5.jpg

Idk if this will work or I'm just lucky (knock on wood) but I did a fresh install, deleted all the old folders, and tried something different. I had seen where everyone talked about the controller was maybe causing it. So I decided just to delete the logitech profiler seeing as I never use it anyways and so far so good. Also as a safety measure I disabled autosave. Now I don't believe this a fix, I just thought it was something that I tried and I would share to see if it works for anyone else.

EDIT
No sooner than I wrote this I figured I'd fire the game back up to check and see if it was still saving and no dice. I'm stuck at Bahrain in P3. Looks like I jinxed myself.

I have had all these problems while setting up my G27. Finished the setting up now, so I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Turned off steam sync. Created a new profile with wheel settings, completed YDT again and started career. No problems through first two races. Have not touched any controller (or any) settings since. Have come out of game and rebooted and still no problems.

While I was experiencing problems, I tried something that worked, but I dont know what I did!! I had copied the 208500 folder previously, Started the game and my profile was corrupt, so I tried copying the 208500 folder back to the game. When I started again Steam reported that the cloud and HD versions of the game were different and I chose to use the cloud version, and it worked again saves and all. Just wonder if the save files on your HD get corrupted but not the cloud versions? Tried this again later after I mucked with controller settings and steam didnt give me the choice of which version to use, Suppose could try applying a mod to force the screen?

As Gnu stated this is probably clutching at straws ...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%