F1 2012 Autosave Problem

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Is anyone else experiencing the Autosave bug? Whereby, you just can't save anything, and you can only progress as far as you get in one session of playing, and once you quit and reboot, everything that you just did is gone.

So far, I've tried,
- Restarting my career
- Manually saving (which still doesn't save)

Initially I thought it was caused because I edited the ai_vehicle_track for Melbourne, so I put the original file back in, but that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone know of a solution? Or why this is caused?

Many thanks in advance.

Just bear in mind that in the actionmap, keys are ok, but buttons are numbered slightly different from your Logitech Profiling software and Windows.

Button 1 in Profiler = Button 0 in the actionmap
Button 2 in Profiler = Button 1 in the actionmap
Button 3 in Profiler = Button 2 in the actionmap
Button 20 in Profiler = Button 19 in the actionmap

...... and so on until you run out of buttons

Well I just got the bug tonight.. at Canada. :mad:

Thanks for your hard work Gnu, I'm sure it still atleast partly helps some ppl.
I'm starting fresh, without the autosave, and backing up 2 different backups.

Gnu UK, didn't work (huge thanks for trying to find work-arounds :D), made a new profile, got to Malaysia, turned game off yesterday, on again this morning, everything fine, then again this evening, and the new profile was corrupt again.
Can't save my setups 'cause everytime it gets corrupt I lose them, which makes it incredibly annoying for league racing.

I still haven't deleted the first corrupt profile, in the hopes it gets restored, I had over 9 setups I looked forwards to sharing, but can't remember anything other than wing angles :(

It's sad, really, really sad.

Gnu UK, didn't work (huge thanks for trying to find work-arounds :D), made a new profile, got to Malaysia, turned game off yesterday, on again this morning, everything fine, then again this evening, and the new profile was corrupt again.
Can't save my setups 'cause everytime it gets corrupt I lose them, which makes it incredibly annoying for league racing.

I still haven't deleted the first corrupt profile, in the hopes it gets restored, I had over 9 setups I looked forwards to sharing, but can't remember anything other than wing angles :(

It's sad, really, really sad.

I feel for you mate, it's a terrible situation for a game based around a career.

Look like we are going to have to record the setups elswehere, either in a file or a piece of paper ......:rolleyes:

I feel for you mate, it's a terrible situation for a game based around a career.

Look like we are going to have to record the setups elswehere, either in a file or a piece of paper ......:rolleyes:

Yeah... -_-. But I can't just start over again, as it doesn't matter, it'll just get corrupted again, so I'm gonna wait, and as a kind of "strike" against Codemasters, me and some of my co-league players are abandoning playing, 'cause it simply isn't fun. There's tons of bugs, our setups are gone (there's many many people suffering from this, who didn't know it'd happen in this game again), and it's just annoying.

So we'll be waiting for a fix, if it doesn't come, I'm most certainly never buying anything off Codemasters again, no matter how much bling they wanna sell it with

So we'll be waiting for a fix, if it doesn't come, I'm most certainly never buying anything off Codemasters again, no matter how much bling they wanna sell it with

Most said this last year, and still and up getting 2012. I feel for all you and your frustrations. I to lost money last year with 2011. No more from CM and that still stands. If you guys don't receive a working patch for all these bugs....well live and learn. I had a great race today with GSC version of F1. ;)

First off, no I don't use the cloud feature of the steam client.

Secondly, I'm pretty convinced that this is a trickier bug than in the past. Just to get a feeling for ways to root out causes for the bug and find solutions to combat it, I've done the following and STILL came upon the same issues.

1. removed the game and all its settings
2. did a clean installation
3. created a clean and new profile
4. did not set up any additional wheels or game-pads, did not change anything in the options (not even difficulty, graphics or assigned keys on the keyboard)
5. started a career and skipped from session to session, always ending the weekend with a DNF result

Even doing nothing at all, the save game bug took hold somewhere around the race in Germany. After having tried all of that, I can't imagine a way to take control of the bug, because there is nothing I could imagine to do differently.

Had this bug twice now.

Both times were after I'd messed with a few files doing some mods, interestingly, replacing the originals did not re-enable the save feature. This even happened after a steam verification of install and then replacing my steam user save folder (208500 etc) with a previously working set of save files. Leads me to believe their are timestamps of the files themselves or even some core install files (like the exe) embedded in the saves, so if they dont match your buggered....

Have to say the F1 team have always been poor with patches. I visited their technical assistance forum and couldnt see any posts from codies. If they dont provide assistance there then it looks bleak for patches. I had high hopes for patches this year as they should be easier to distribute cause they are using steam now.

If I bumped into Jeal or that other idiot in the pub, I'd give em a punch in the face for their repeated money grabbing hype followed by the release of a bug ridden product year after year. It's a shame because I really like the core driving experience this year, but hate the menus, bugs and constantly having to restart careers.

Everyone, I have a workaround but it is a pain in the *&^%.
As a backup, you need to save the whole userdata folder in steam.
Then, when it corrupts:
delete steam/userdata folder
start game
create new profile (have to go all the way into YDT and then exit to menu)
leave game
delete userdata folder again
copy your backup userdata folder into steam.
run game, and you are back where you left off.

I seem to be losing my profile every time I restart my computer, but the above does at least get me back to where Iast backed it up. And if I do not restart my computer, I can leave and enter the game without any problem, but must remember to keep making backups for when it happens again.

NOTE I currently have steam set in offline mode, not yet tested in online
mode, still testing to see if this can be improved on.

Everyone, I have a workaround but it is a pain in the *&^%.
As a backup, you need to save the whole userdata folder in steam.
Then, when it corrupts:
delete steam/userdata folder
start game
create new profile (have to go all the way into YDT and then exit to menu)
leave game
delete userdata folder again
copy your backup userdata folder into steam.
run game, and you are back where you left off.

I seem to be losing my profile every time I restart my computer, but the above does at least get me back to where Iast backed it up. And if I do not restart my computer, I can leave and enter the game without any problem, but must remember to keep making backups for when it happens again.

NOTE I currently have steam set in offline mode, not yet tested in online
mode, still testing to see if this can be improved on.

Thanks a lot! Will try this in a few moments.
Because i too have now had my game stop saving for the 2nd time now. But for a moment i thought i stumbled upon a workaround myself, only to be disappointed. What happened for me was:

1/ Do anything in career mode, then quit to the main menu.
2/ Then go into proving grounds for a time trial and set a lap with any car on any track, doesnt matter how fast or slow it is.
3/ Then hit "Return to garage"
4/ quit to main menu, and whilst it's loading, the game shows up "Autosaving"

So naturally i thought this fixed it. But then when i quit and booted up again, my career was back at the race in Sepang.

Not happy. Good thing i've been backing up my "userdata" folder.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back