Automobilista: Version 1.4.5 Released Along with New Car & Track!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update + Stock Car Brazil Update.jpg

Build 1.4.5 of Automobilista has been released, introducing Stock Car Brazil 2017, Curvello and a whole host of new fixes...

Now coming with some dramatic improvements to the artificial intelligence as they react with the other computer generated cars and player, plus a rule update to match the 2017 Stock Car Brazil regulations, the new update adds plenty of interesting changes to the core game code.

Alongside updates and fixes, new content in the form of the 2017 Stock Car Brazil season and the Curvello track are added to the sim for free.

Check out the trailer and changelog below:

CONTENT
  • Added Curvelo circuit ("A" & "B" layouts)
  • Added Stock Car Brasil 2017 series

UPDATES & FIXES
  • Revised AI overtaking risk calculations - AI now constantly looks for a way past a slower car ahead (no longer backs off overtakes) *
  • Revised & Expanded Push-to-Pass functionality, simulating Stock Car 2017 season (including windshield lights indicating activation / availability)
  • AI now also uses P2P to overtake / defend from opponents
  • Added new car-specific AI risk calculation parameters for overtaking - AI now factors corner radius ahead to decide whether to try switch lines to overtake
  • Added new AI function to prevent AI car from trying to rejoin the track after a spin until there is no oncoming traffic
  • AI now affected by grass / gravel grip levels & dirt on tires (it will lift a bit until tires are clean again)
  • Added new controller damping sliders & presets for better keyboard & gamepad control **
  • Moved camera settings to DISPLAY UI screen, & added a "Lock to Horizon" slider (where 0% is pre-v1.4 setting, and 100% is latest setting)
  • Added Garage UI warning message for series in which race refuelling is not allowed, & disabled HUD pit menu fuel adjustment for those series ***
  • Several minor UI fixes & adjustments
  • Adjusted audio occlusion, low pass & wind filters
  • Adjusted AI drafting, slip reaction, aggression levels
  • Changed default cockpit FOV from 50 to 45 degrees
  • Adjusted traction control functionality (as a driving aid)
  • Added PLR file setting to disable track scoreboards (known to cause some issues in live streaming)
  • Track state regression between sessions & overnight reduced from 2% & 10% respectively to 1% & 5%
  • Corrected excessive fuel consumption in Caterhams, MCR, Marcas, Lancers
  • Updated sunrise/sunset lighting values for all tracks
  • Updated Cadwell, Brands, Imola, VIR, Curitiba. Cascavel, Kansai, Velocittá, Taruma, Goiania, Spielberg, Santa Cruz, Guaporé, Londrina, Interlagos terrain & road textures to latest quality standard
  • Minor road & curb updates at Curitiba, Tarumã, Goiania, Santa Cruz, Londrina, Interlagos to match their 2017 layouts
  • Fixed F-Ultimate tire options for Interlagos, Kansai
  • Karts: Fixed handling-breaking suspension bug from last hotfix
  • MCR: Fixed RPM LEDs not working in left-hand driver side
  • Camaro: Added 2017 Stock Car Safety Car skin

* For this build Medium aggression is generally recommended for best AI racing; higher settings may be suitable for tin tops in which more bumping & rubbing is acceptable; Low aggression disables all new risk bypassing functions and effectively reverts to their pre v1.4.5 behavior with regards to overtaking.

** Users of digital inputs should review their settings for steering, throttle and brake rates.

*** All cars / tracks still allows race refuelling for all classes, so users looking to get around series refuelling rules should use that for both single & multiplayer races (be advised that AI fuel strategy for longer races may not be ideal).

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.5_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

GENERAL NOTES:

If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.32 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios, available via the Steam network.

AMS Update + Stock Car Brazil Update 2.jpg
AMS Update + Stock Car Brazil Update 3.jpg
AMS Update + Stock Car Brazil Update 4.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Have you tried the new update yet? What do you think of the new AI? Like Stock Car 2017? How does the new track rank against existing locations? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Testing the new track Curvello, with the Stock Car Brazil 2017 and also the F3. 10 laps, AI strength @ 95%, AI aggression medium.

I'm in the lead and the guy says, "Last lap, this is it." :thumbsup:
I swear that's the trigger in the game code to dump oil all over the track! :laugh: I'm taking the curves almost the same all 10 laps, but then the last lap comes up and I lose traction. :speechless: I could understand if it happened occasionally, but it seems to happen a lot. Now when the last lap comes around, I've learnt to take it with a little more caution.

Anyone else experience this or is it just me and my fragile mental state?:roflmao::confused:

Go to GameData/Vehicles/StockV8_2017/Full Time Bassani and open the AValerio2017 with notebook or whatever you like to use. And change ''Classes="StockV8" To ''Classes="StockV8_2017"

Guess it was just a typo by Reiza, so game never loads Valerio in 2017 class so then you get duplicated driver of someone else. Is reported to Reiza

Thank you, problem solved !!

When quali is skipped, ai cars gets basically a random time, and a random grid position. By doing quali properly, the fastest ais will be up front, and the slowest at the back. Mess is caused by fastest cars at the back, trying to overtake slower cars while there are still bunched up.
Ahh... wasn't thinking literally enough...was thinking about coding and AIW files, not the AI's inability to pass...anyone! ;)

after the update i get to the end of the load screen (the end of the bar) in any game mode in any car track combo and the game crashes to 'game stopped working' dialog.. any idea's without reinstalling?

Testing the new track Curvello, with the Stock Car Brazil 2017 and also the F3. 10 laps, AI strength @ 95%, AI aggression medium.

I'm in the lead and the guy says, "Last lap, this is it." :thumbsup:
I swear that's the trigger in the game code to dump oil all over the track! :laugh: I'm taking the curves almost the same all 10 laps, but then the last lap comes up and I lose traction. :speechless: I could understand if it happened occasionally, but it seems to happen a lot. Now when the last lap comes around, I've learnt to take it with a little more caution.

Anyone else experience this or is it just me and my fragile mental state?:roflmao::confused:

It's the latter ;)

I have the game maxed in 4k with sparce grid x8, so it aint settings, its been stated by Reiza that shsdows in cockpit aren't on their to do list. Go jump in rF2, AC, R3E, drive and look at shadows then try AMS, theres nothing!
Because the software routine used for the shadows is still the same as in rF1, it's slowing down the renderind a lot. Where all other sims use more modern implementations done by the GPU, so you can have loads more and faster.

My experiance with this new AI was great, on the ''normal'' tracks like Curitiba and tracks like that they was great. They was overtaking, they was defending, not afraid of hanging out arround the outside for 2-3 turns and everything.

But then, I came to street circuit, Ribeirao Preto and it became a total wreckfest. First off I used 105% AI strengt in the two first races but on this track I had to increase to 110% and they was still slow but anyway, the race(s):

Race attempt #1: They started by even crashing in the formation lap and was then some way behind me who started on pole. Then then they cought up to me the 2nd place just overtook me and the safety car and started the race 20meters infront off the rest.

So restart, attempt #2: Thing started ok(even though I could see bodyparts flying in my mirrors) and after 5 lap I had a 4-5sec gap to 2nd and in almost every corner I could see bodyparts lying in the road. Then later in the race a AI came out from pit, with half his car missing and he let my nicely past but in turn 1 he just rammed me and I spun and then... I did not bother to have a attemt number 3...

So my experiance is simply that the ''normal'' tracks are totaly fine, some weird things here and there like they suddently turn on into the grass but that is reported, but street circuit... I can't belive that has been tested much in this AI build testing...

Also AI agression was set to medium in all these races

Last edited:
So I take it the EEC mod doesn't care for this update? I keep getting the game to crash when using this mod. Also , the V8 supercars skins seem to not be working. Not modded ones , the stock ones with the game.

I do question the testing of this build, there seems to be a lot of issues and IMO the AI is overall worse than previous build! Not sure we we go from here?

I did not mean it in a bad way against Reiza or the beta testers because no the AI is not overall worse then before, far from. On the ''normal'' tracks they are alot better, they just need to smooth them out alitle bit. Like the first race of my championship I was smilling through the entire race since the AI was really, really good.

It's just the street circuit, and there is only 2(?) of them in the game that feels like they just forgot about where the AI needs alot of work. So in general I think this update is a huge step in the right diraction it's just the street circuits that is a step in the other diraction...

I have a slight problem, well not even sure if it's a problem. I don't see a stock car 2017 icon to start a championship with. I can see the cars if I just select a single race where I can pick the car class and track.

Took the 2017 stock out on curvello....both are very nicely done and fun to drive!
Noticed 2 things.....
The stuttering is finally gone from the spotter and any on screen notifications :)
Tho the Ingame spotter needs some tweaks, I exited the pits and the spotter warned me about cold tires....i tapped the brakes once entering T1 and than was told my brakes and tires are now at optimal temps......still blue lol
Thrustmaster profile does not revert back to 900 degrees after exiting the game and stays at the rotational degree of the last car used.
Any way to monitor ffb clipping in AMS ?

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back