Automobilista: Version 1.4.5 Released Along with New Car & Track!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update + Stock Car Brazil Update.jpg

Build 1.4.5 of Automobilista has been released, introducing Stock Car Brazil 2017, Curvello and a whole host of new fixes...

Now coming with some dramatic improvements to the artificial intelligence as they react with the other computer generated cars and player, plus a rule update to match the 2017 Stock Car Brazil regulations, the new update adds plenty of interesting changes to the core game code.

Alongside updates and fixes, new content in the form of the 2017 Stock Car Brazil season and the Curvello track are added to the sim for free.

Check out the trailer and changelog below:

CONTENT
  • Added Curvelo circuit ("A" & "B" layouts)
  • Added Stock Car Brasil 2017 series

UPDATES & FIXES
  • Revised AI overtaking risk calculations - AI now constantly looks for a way past a slower car ahead (no longer backs off overtakes) *
  • Revised & Expanded Push-to-Pass functionality, simulating Stock Car 2017 season (including windshield lights indicating activation / availability)
  • AI now also uses P2P to overtake / defend from opponents
  • Added new car-specific AI risk calculation parameters for overtaking - AI now factors corner radius ahead to decide whether to try switch lines to overtake
  • Added new AI function to prevent AI car from trying to rejoin the track after a spin until there is no oncoming traffic
  • AI now affected by grass / gravel grip levels & dirt on tires (it will lift a bit until tires are clean again)
  • Added new controller damping sliders & presets for better keyboard & gamepad control **
  • Moved camera settings to DISPLAY UI screen, & added a "Lock to Horizon" slider (where 0% is pre-v1.4 setting, and 100% is latest setting)
  • Added Garage UI warning message for series in which race refuelling is not allowed, & disabled HUD pit menu fuel adjustment for those series ***
  • Several minor UI fixes & adjustments
  • Adjusted audio occlusion, low pass & wind filters
  • Adjusted AI drafting, slip reaction, aggression levels
  • Changed default cockpit FOV from 50 to 45 degrees
  • Adjusted traction control functionality (as a driving aid)
  • Added PLR file setting to disable track scoreboards (known to cause some issues in live streaming)
  • Track state regression between sessions & overnight reduced from 2% & 10% respectively to 1% & 5%
  • Corrected excessive fuel consumption in Caterhams, MCR, Marcas, Lancers
  • Updated sunrise/sunset lighting values for all tracks
  • Updated Cadwell, Brands, Imola, VIR, Curitiba. Cascavel, Kansai, Velocittá, Taruma, Goiania, Spielberg, Santa Cruz, Guaporé, Londrina, Interlagos terrain & road textures to latest quality standard
  • Minor road & curb updates at Curitiba, Tarumã, Goiania, Santa Cruz, Londrina, Interlagos to match their 2017 layouts
  • Fixed F-Ultimate tire options for Interlagos, Kansai
  • Karts: Fixed handling-breaking suspension bug from last hotfix
  • MCR: Fixed RPM LEDs not working in left-hand driver side
  • Camaro: Added 2017 Stock Car Safety Car skin

* For this build Medium aggression is generally recommended for best AI racing; higher settings may be suitable for tin tops in which more bumping & rubbing is acceptable; Low aggression disables all new risk bypassing functions and effectively reverts to their pre v1.4.5 behavior with regards to overtaking.

** Users of digital inputs should review their settings for steering, throttle and brake rates.

*** All cars / tracks still allows race refuelling for all classes, so users looking to get around series refuelling rules should use that for both single & multiplayer races (be advised that AI fuel strategy for longer races may not be ideal).

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.5_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

GENERAL NOTES:

If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.32 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios, available via the Steam network.

AMS Update + Stock Car Brazil Update 2.jpg
AMS Update + Stock Car Brazil Update 3.jpg
AMS Update + Stock Car Brazil Update 4.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Have you tried the new update yet? What do you think of the new AI? Like Stock Car 2017? How does the new track rank against existing locations? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Also don't know if everyone is aware (probably most), but AMS ai cheats when you put it over 100%, so in "true sense" 100% is the cap in both sims

Could you explain what you mean here? I am not aware of any difference in the AMS AI based on the percent slider, other than the obvious correlation with their speed. 99%; 100%; 101% -- exactly the same except for speed/laptimes. 100% is too slow for me (and many others)--it's like an "average" skill rating. 105% is typically considered the base for skilled racers. Although this may have changed with the new AI. I haven't tested yet. Regardless, still would like to know what you mean by the AI cheating.

Could you explain what you mean here? I am not aware of any difference in the AMS AI based on the percent slider, other than the obvious correlation with their speed. 99%; 100%; 101% -- exactly the same except for speed/laptimes. 100% is too slow for me (and many others)--it's like an "average" skill rating. 105% is typically considered the base for skilled racers. Although this may have changed with the new AI. I haven't tested yet. Regardless, still would like to know what you mean by the AI cheating.

You can demonstrate this easiest, by putting AI to 120%, choosing something very straight forward like California Superspeedway mod track (in Track Megapack), for example Metal Moro and try to catch up with AI. You can't, no matter what gear ratios you use. They are simply faster throughout. AI has also more cornering grip than you afaik, to maintain higher cornering speeds.

You will fall behind, even if you use exact same lines as them, use drafting to gain speed and tweak gear ratios to suit oval racing. On other tracks it might be not as visible, because human superior overtaking/cornering skills hide the fact, that AI is actually cheating.

rFactor 2 has this too, when you go above 100%. That's why they called it 120%, not 100%.

Not that it matters much (unless you value AI opponents, that play fair) what matters is the gameplay is entertaining. But Assetto doesn't use cheats like this, so in my opinion AI performance should be measured 100% vs 100%, where AI still uses fair grip and speeds.

In latest ISR video Billy Strange got owned by Assetto AI, he has regularly played against way over 100% AI in Automobilista, and able to overtake plenty of cars. In the video he overtook 1 car, after a long struggle on Brands Hatch. So Assetto AI is imo very good. I love both sims but personally I appreciate the fact that Assetto AI plays fair (although it does have stability control as safety measure, which isn't realistic driving aid in the first place.. because SC in Assetto isn't simulated, it's just generic fake one)

Last edited:
Maybe they're saving it for reiza 2017? Probably a lot of work to undertake on the old rfactor engine that they would then need to do again on the new game.

From what I understand VR is usually only easily available on DX11DX12 titles. It's very tough to get it working with a DX9 game. I think this has been mentioned numerous times by the Reiza team. It wouldn't surprise me if they simply leave it until they launch their next title in 2018. Unless they take the Studio 397 route and convert the game to DX11.

....and before you all mention it, yes I know Raceroom is DX9. I think that one is the only exception. My assumption as you mention is it may also be very difficult for it to work with the RFactor engine. Raceroom was almost a new set of code by comparison, and I know that the VR in Raceroom is still at a beta stage due to DX9's limitations.

From what I understand VR is usually only easily available on DX11DX12 titles. It's very tough to get it working with a DX9 game. I think this has been mentioned numerous times by the Reiza team. It wouldn't surprise me if they simply leave it until they launch their next title in 2018. Unless they take the Studio 397 route and convert the game to DX11.

....and before you all mention it, yes I know Raceroom is DX9. I think that one is the only exception. My assumption as you mention is it may also be very difficult for it to work with the RFactor engine. Raceroom was almost a new set of code by comparison, and I know that the VR in Raceroom is still at a beta stage due to DX9's limitations.

Is Live For Speed DX9 or DX11? Thought it was the former and that has VR, could be wrong though.

Well, I don't speak Portuguese so I'm **** out of luck. I'm not sure how much time I'm gonna have this week but I will do some exploring. I might buy Vorpx and see how it pans out, that said I am software illiterate so don't expect greatness. If I manage to get it to work, I will report on the ease of use and framerate, as I consider those two to be the most important aspects. I imagine Vorpx has some significant resource overhead, but AMS isn't all that demanding in general. It's the ease of use that concerns me. If I were guaranteed to use Vorpx effectively without much of a hassle (after the initial setup) then it's a no brainer even with Vorpx's steep price tag.

I am constantly amazed at Reiza's continued development, fine tuning every aspect and getting every last drop of Sim goodness from their superb Automobilista title.
As a crowdfunding supporter I am now feeling a little guilty at getting all this Sim goodness for FREE...lol...and feel I should at least be giving some more money back to Reiza at some stage to show my appreciation for all the quality work given....possibly when Automobilista has reached completion, pay money upfront for the next Reiza title work in progress, say a couple of completed tracks, a finished vehicle and working UI to wet the appetite....only my personal thoughts.

Are the changes to the AI vehicle based in the HDV file, track based in the AIW file or PLR file? Point being, do third party mods and tracks need to be updated to these new standards? Also there was some talk about these changes being negated is qualifying is skipped or cut short?

the game crashes after update 1.4.5 when loading race..... someone have same problem?

I didn't get any crashes when loading a race this afternoon, but I would get a crash while exiting the sim. Also, during the EU club race today, DynHud completely disappeared a couple of times on me. 5 key didn't bring it up again, had to quit and restart the sim. Then the DynHud disappeared when switching to the race again. (never had DynHud completely disappear on me before).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back