Automobilista V1.0 to Release Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS V1 Release.jpg

Reiza Studios have confirmed that after a long period of Early Access, Automobilista will be available as a full Version One release from Wednesday 24th August on the Steam Network.

In preparation for the full release, the Brazilian team have released a new promotion trailer for the game and produced several impressive visual content lists (see foot of article) detailing what will be included in the package. It is worth noting that version One will include the much sought after 1967 and 1969 Formula Vintage series, a popular piece of content already enjoyed by beta backers that replicates 1960's era Formula One cars.

Some further important info regarding Version One:
  • A new player profile is strongly recommended.
  • Replays from v0.9.8 and earlier may not be compatible with v1.0
  • Virtual Xperience leaderboards will be reset in light of several physics updates;
  • Mods might need to be updated - specially mods that are in the REIZA28 - REIZA35 range as those slots have been reserved for official content as well (mods in that range won´t show up in menu).
AMS Version 1 Release Trailer:

Reiza have confirmed that to reflect the full version release, prices for the game will increase to US$ 39.99. Prices will remain discounted until Sunday 29th for the full Reiza Membership Package (base game + all DLCs + beta access) @ US$ 54.99, and Membership upgrade (all DLCs + beta access for those that already own the game) for US$ 24.99.

A range of post V1 release DLC items will be available to purchase in the coming weeks and months. Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news when it is available.

AMS 1.jpg

Check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment, the place to go for mods, discussions, news and of course our epic club racing scene.

AMS Historic Track List.jpg AMS V1 Track List.jpg AMS V1 Track List 2.jpg AMS V1 Track List 3.jpg AMS V1 Dirt Track List.jpg AMS V1 Kart Track List.jpg AMS V1 Car List.jpg AMS V1 Car List 2.jpg

Looking forward to V1? Are you satisfied with AMS so far? Do you think it has proven to be a worthwhile standalone release, rather than upgrade to GSCE? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This + EEC GT3 Mod + Patrick's tracks = a happy @Metalogic
BTW I love R3E and AC too, they're all good in different ways, we're spoilt for choice, just wish R3E and AC were as relatively feature complete as AMS.
Funny enough R3E could be what AMS is now (but with better graphics), and it would kick butts if it was.

Don't get me wrong, I know that rf2 is more advanced, but reiza had added some stuff that are missing.
Actually even being less advanced, it feels more complete as a game.
That's because rF2 is a platform and not exactly a game. But on the other hand ISI releasing content as it is now makes the average user confused IMO because it makes it be seen as a game and thus a very incomplete one (and not really user friendly). On the other hand after seeing rF2 physic files I really wish Reiza had licensed isi2.5 instead and added the misssing stuff, porting stuff to rF2 seems easier than I thought :O_o:

Well, you mentioned " in what way", so there you are.
Yes it's seems small, but people can exploit this by cutting in many parts of the track, with no or minimum penalty.
I have. Yes there is less grip but when tyres recatch tarmac, no worries you will carry on.
So in my mind it's not that small.
Don't get me wrong, I know that rf2 is more advanced, but reiza had added some stuff that are missing.
Actually even being less advanced, it feels more complete as a game.

Well one thing is what you feel and another thing is the truth... you guys are confusing content with the game itself. As a game rF2 is clearly ahead in features.

Well one thing is what you feel and another thing is the truth... you guys are confusing content with the game itself. As a game rF2 is clearly ahead in features.
To the user, the interface is the program - To a gamer, the content is the game ;)

rF2 falls completely flat on it's face when it comes to presentation (they really need an UI designer, ISI is absolutely unable to produce even average UIs) and for some weird reason they can't get modders to release on Steam Workshop (there are ~4 times more mods available here alone than on Steam) which gives the impression that there's not enough interesting content available.

But this is an AMS thread ;)

So all hail Reiza!

How many sets of tyre physics have you easily ported? Reiza have explained why they didn't want to license ISIMotor2.5.
Mate... get the ISI physic blog and port a car by yourself, it works (in reverse too). Some parts are hard but if without physic knowledge you can do just following the blog someone like Niels could easily do the necessary adjustments after porting it. Also I didn't say it is easy, because it literally will give you a headache :roflmao:, I said it is easier than I thought (I really used to think it was hard as hell)
Don't get me wrong, what I mean is: Reiza could make the isi2.5 become 3.0 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
rF2 falls completely flat on it's face when it comes to presentation (they really need an UI designer, ISI is absolutely unable to produce even average UIs) and for some weird reason they can't get modders to release on Steam Workshop (there are ~4 times more mods available here alone than on Steam) which gives the impression that there's not enough interesting content available.

It's funny that you should mention the UI, because AMS is using more or less exactly the UI tech of ISI. If you look into the .OSC file closer you see it's basically a custom rF1 modded UI with all the familiar elements, the mod selection, the car spinner, the controller calibration page, all identical to rF1. A modder could make it for rF1, all it would need is a new set of icons and art. If by "presentation" you mean that the icons are arranged in a different way than rF1/rF2, then fair enough.

I'm looking at other features of a sim than this, and Reiza has undoubtedly improved the physics over rF1. But I'm still looking forward to see some new core features as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 368 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%