Automobilista Updated and Touring Classics DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Updated 2.jpg

Automobilista has been updated and the Touring Car Classics DLC released!

Reiza Studios have updated Automobilista to build version 1.4.8 and released a new historic focussed DLC to the simulation, the trailer to which can be seen below:
The new update brings with it the usual number of fixes and improvements as the simulation draws ever closer to a finished state prior to Reiza commencing development of the next racing sim from the talented Brazilian studio.

Of particular interest should be significant improvements made around the way the AI interacts with the player in the new build.

Build Update Notes:

CONTENT
  • Added Brazilian Touring Car Classic series: Copa Classic, Copa Fusca, Copa Uno & Hot Cars (requires ownership of DLC or Season Pass)

UPDATES & FIXES
  • Fixed DynHUD on Win10 & re-enabled it by default as a config option
  • Fixed bug that could cause game to crash loading old setups with notes
  • Added support to latest Fanatec SDK
  • AI blue flag logic improved: AI cars now move offline to let leaders by, lift proportionally to the amount of throttle they should be doing,and to the speed difference relative to the car approaching
  • Increased rate AI assesses situations by 4x which should result in more appropriate behavior in several racing situations and less off-track excursions
  • Tweaked AI calculations when thinking about passing to reduce the swerving from one side of another car to the other (added AISuddenMoveScalar parameter to car physics, makes cars change lane, react to incidents more gradually)
  • Changed AI Start Behaviour to keep drivers running in a straight line from their grid slot more (added AIStartOffset and AIStartMerge values to car physics - these are how long to stay on the line and how long to merge in seconds)
  • Adjusted default talent values so that AI is better when there is no RCD file or values are missing
  • Rescaled AI aggression levels for latest code changes
  • Fixed possible crash with Season Tool
  • Added Season Tool option for double points in final race of the championship
  • Added regular silent messages by clients in multiplayer (as a possible fix for TCP connection lost issues with client inactivity)
  • Changed logic for "Finish Session" / "Skip Session" logic" - the first now accelerates time to finish the session with properly generated times from the AI, the second advances the session with the current standings (with player put in the back of the grid if not having set a time)
  • Adjusted tire smoke threshold so tires don´t generate smoke on smaller slides or in lock-ups of lightly loaded wheels
  • Added garage pitstop schedule menu to all cars when refuelling is allowed (hidden when it´s not)
  • Velopark: Fixed minor graphics glitches
  • F-Vintage: Fixed collision bug with wheels
  • Ultima GTR: Revised road car physics

GENERAL NOTES:

Logitech G29 / G920 users
: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.8_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Automobilista is a racing simulation available exclusively to PC and developed by Reiza Studios.

AMS Updated 3.jpg
AMS Updated 4.jpg
AMS Updated.jpg

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content addons, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

What do you think of the new update and DLC? Enjoying AMS so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Due to the fact we plan the club events in advance (and we didn't have a solid release date for the new content) there are no club events in this weeks rotation containing the new DLC.

We're working on getting it into the mix for the following week though so please join us over at the AMS club.

HERE

All abilities welcome. You just need to be a Premium member and have the recquired content.

I will be watching it today with the boys, I don't see it as a chore though, cause I know "secretly" that I will enjoy it also :geek:

Pleased with the new DLC, only had time to complete a few laps, but the cars for are fun fun fun...The win10 fix is mainly what I have been waiting for, so very pleased with this :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 205301

Not downloaded the dlc (..classic brazilian touring car don't makes me dream....), i'll probably try it one day...
Very very pleased to see how this sim is continualy getting better and better... For me it's the best AI, and it's still improving, love it !
So, I don't know how will be the future for reiza, but for sure I'll survey their work, this game is really something "refreshing" (i don't know if it means something in english...), for sure the most enjoyable thing in this business, great to have this sort of sim (I mean, small team, small budget, old engine, no "great" licence, but with real knowledge, real passion, etc...)
@++

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing